Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

En example of a ruined class with helmsdeep

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Now you make it sound like everything is free when you are subbed? 

There is so much you also need to pay for once you are subbed, want to stop earning XP, buy the abbility for 495 thingies in the cash shop.  Want more then 2 of these specs on your character, you need to pay, even if you are subbed.

Subbing is allways the cheapest option for sure, but lotro is trying to make money from everything, even from people that are subbed. 

Hmmm, I'll have to take your word for the third trait tree being "pay only" even if you have a sub. I will say that if you do have a sub you do get turbine points every month (as well as during play) so I don't think you do have to pay extra.

There is more then 3 single trees, you can mix and match trees, creating ballanced builds... And people might end up with six or more builds...  Altough some might stick with one single build..

Realistically there won't be that many builds with good synergy. After a few weeks the best builds will be determined and most of the educated playerbase will be using those.

Its a good change in my opinion anyway. While being a jack of all trades is fine, some classes like tanks and minstrels got too much benefit from stance dancing. Picking a role in combat and having consequences for doing so is a good thing. It promotes interdependence and forethought in combat.

Obviously you prefer strategy games, where i prefer tactical games..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203

There is so much you also need to pay for once you are subbed, want to stop earning XP, buy the abbility for 495 thingies in the cash shop.  Want more then 2 of these specs on your character, you need to pay, even if you are subbed.

Subbing is allways the cheapest option for sure, but lotro is trying to make money from everything, even from people that are subbed. 

Hmmm, I'll have to take your word for the third trait tree being "pay only" even if you have a sub. I will say that if you do have a sub you do get turbine points every month (as well as during play) so I don't think you do have to pay extra.

There is more then 3 single trees, you can mix and match trees, creating ballanced builds... And people might end up with six or more builds...  Altough some might stick with one single build..

Realistically there won't be that many builds with good synergy. After a few weeks the best builds will be determined and most of the educated playerbase will be using those.

Its a good change in my opinion anyway. While being a jack of all trades is fine, some classes like tanks and minstrels got too much benefit from stance dancing. Picking a role in combat and having consequences for doing so is a good thing. It promotes interdependence and forethought in combat.

You mean tactical where you plan ahead and switch your build out before the fight.  Efficiently like not having to run to a bard?  

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by maxima29

You mean tactical where you plan ahead and switch your build out before the fight.  Efficiently like not having to run to a bard?  

Planning ahead is strategical in nature .....  you confirm my statement 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MorrowbreezeMorrowbreeze Member CommonPosts: 141

Heres my take;

What I think many are missing is that just about every expansion brings with it 10 more levels. By the time we Get to Mordor we may be at level 135 or 145. We are gonna have a lot more points to spend if we get 1 point for every 2 levels.

Excess skills. I sure have em. I have to use a plugin to hold all of them. You would be amazed how many travel skills a hunter can gather. I suppose I have a good 7 or 8 I never use.  Hunters art. cool animation, poor skill. Hunters fire. Never leveled past 50 I think. . its cool in RP settings I guess.

Im not SURE we are getting nerfed, but we are gonna lose some skills we might have favored. AND you cant please everyone.  Maybe the fewer skills are buffed up? That would compensate wouldnt it? Landscape mobs are just about pushovers anyway.

So I suppose this is a reset to make the future builds fit more easily into the future expansions. I also notice over my 6 years in game that Developers love to tinker with builds. What I hope to see are faster animations and inductions  for sure. That alone will perk up my gameplay.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 741
    Originally posted by MorrowbreezeI also notice over my 6 years in game that Developers love to tinker with builds. What I hope to see are faster animations and inductions  for sure. That alone will perk up my gameplay.

They really do love to tinker the champ has been changed so many times its not funny.