Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time To Take A Stand

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

While watching TV this evening, I saw a commercial for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Apparently, if you play it on a PS3 or 4, you get 1 more hour of gameplay as you delve into Aveline's story.

From an interview with Assassin's Creed 4 game director Ashraf Ismail on Examiner.com:
"They are both great consoles, but on the PS4 you have an hour of extra missions for Aveline, which is great. The remote play is unique to the PS4. So the PS4 has more to offer, I would say, especially from the extra hour of missions for people who didn’t play Liberation, you get to play a new Assassin.

"Her story gets fleshed out from what she did on Liberation. There are also a few surprises in there to push the lore of AC; but it’s for sure the PS4," Ismail said.

All games are priced the same. Every gamer that purchases a copy pays the same amount. However, if you buy the PS4 version, you get more game for your buck. Sure it is only 1 hour, but still...

Also, from Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed page, if buy the game at:
Gamestop - You get the exclusive Black Island Pack.
Amazon - You get the exclusive hidden mystery Pack.
Walmart - You get the exclusive Sacrificed Secrets Pack.
Best Buy - You get the exclusive Lost Treasures Pack.
Target - You get the exclusive Trove Mystery Pack.

This is ridiculous. My X-Box $60 isn't as good as a PS player's money? We now have to choose which retailer to buy from for content? Where can a player purchase the game for ALL this extra content? Oh, wait! We can but FIVE copies!

Now, I know these places gave Ubiosoft good money to make content specifically for them, but is Ubisoft really that hard up for cash that they shaft their players?

I also realize that this practice has been going for a long, long time with many, many games. They continue to do it because we gamers let them. I do not know, but I would gather a guess that ALL content is on ALL discs, but I could be wrong. (Imagine shipping the wrong discs to the wrong store!)

I think this practice should stop. The only way to do so is to NOT buy the game. Let them reap the rewards of their selling out to retailers. I want MY money to be the same as everyone else's. Who else feels the same?

Or should I just shut up and "roll with it?" <--rhetorical question

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR