Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar Open World PvP Gameplay: Movement & Strategy

BetraueeeBetraueee Member Posts: 3

So what do you guys think? my personal thought is that it looks awesome! Cant freakin wait! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0OPFvfBqxs

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

"David "Scooter" Bass: While we do allow for open-world PvP (either by flagging yourself or by choosing to play on a PvP server), we are not launching with any sort of open world objectives, faction control, etc. "Contested" zones in WildStar are simply ones that do not belong to either faction, and therefore you can PvP freely in them if you're flagged for it."

Redefining alert! Contested zones does not equal Wpvp. This is area pvp, Apvp. To their credit, kinda, there will be pvp servers. The question is, will there be world pvp on pvp servers, or just auto flag in contested zones?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by bcbully
    The question is, will there be world pvp on pvp servers, or just auto flag in contested zones?

You may want to point out why you feel there is a difference.

Also they seriously have to change the instant res on spot thing.

You stay sassy!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    The question is, will there be world pvp on pvp servers, or just auto flag in contested zones?

Wpvp happens anywhere. If I choose to attack you I can. Using WoW as an example, everywhere except sanctuary cities on pvp servers, the opposite faction can attack, regardless if the target is flagged or not. 

edit- I saw that res :) I wonder if there was some sort of penalty beyond minor gear damage.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Wpvp happens anywhere. If I choose to attack you I can. Using WoW as an example, everywhere except sanctuary cities on pvp servers, the opposite faction can attack, regardless if the target is flagged or not. 

edit- I saw that res :) I wonder if there was some sort of penalty beyond minor gear damage.

Time and durability are the only penalties I'm aware of.

The insta-res is bad and I hope it's just in for the demo (even if it has a long cooldown)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    As soon as this video started and I saw that bright orange landscape, my initial thought was "  Oh my God!   I feel like am playing with Barney in Romper Room". I just can't play this cartoon. This looks bad.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I wonder if they plan on adding any point to the open world pvp? Maybe like archeage were its not full loot but one specified inventory slot. I don't see a reason to screw with anyone if there are no objectives or loot/rewards to be had.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Double post.

The instant rez had to be a special beta thing.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by flizzer
    As soon as this video started and I saw that bright orange landscape, my initial thought was "  Oh my God!   I feel like am playing with Barney in Romper Room". I just can't play this cartoon. This looks bad.

Neither Barney nor Romper Room were cartoons. If you would have said, "Pixar Movie" or "80's Cartoon" you might have sold me.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    I enjoyed the video. From what I can see the gameplay seems fast past. Almost reminciesnt of GW2. The telegraphs will need some getting used to for sure. But the art and vivid colors on the screen was a nice change. Hopefully the Warrior isnt as slow as some videos make him out to be, other I'll be rolling the gunslinger. Looking forward to this.