Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, Community moderators on Steam and Site website are police state.

xevier77xevier77 Member UncommonPosts: 16

So, I played the game and found some problems.  Posted what i felt was a problem, then bam locked post.  Mod ignored me and wouldnt respond to my questions as to why. So I made a post asking why, bam deleted 1 day ban.   Sound like Nazi Germany to me. Say anything negative and your gone.  Started digging and there are tons of locked post and banned people that cant post on their forums.  I give you this quote.

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Sometimes, it's all about how you present you case that makes the difference. You didn't share your original post, so there's no way to know if you were reasonable in your tone or if it was more of an angry rant, which if the latter, usually will be removed. As for your ban, publicly questioning a moderation action will get you banned even here, sites just don't permit it.

Freedom of speech does not apply to private forums, it's their rules or the highway which is why I spend more time here instead of official sites.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by xevier77

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”

That quote tells me pretty much everything I have to know about the ban. To you criticism and offending seems to be the same.

Harbinger of Fools
  • xevier77xevier77 Member UncommonPosts: 16

You know your right. So here is the posts

"Pilot being insta killed, Balanced?

So yeah i can really get behind this in the historic battles, but in the arcade mode I just want to have some fun and get some exp. I dont want my pilot insta killed every 5 seconds. I am not even trying to get him killed. Its just 1 stray bullet form the mass and off to the ground goes my brand new plane. 

Look i know you guys like realism and all that, but this whole easy to kill the pilot nonesense needs to stop. Its boring when the game doesnt have to be boring. I think this is a really great game. They only thing i can really complain about is this. I dont even mind the MM right now. I think the game is good, just needs pilot deaths form arcade mode or at least make it to where it takes a little more than 1 shot to kill the guy
    ."

No reason give just locked.  No pm given either.  Is that offensive in nature? does it brake any other steam guidelines that you can see.  Finally on another post they say it was because their were so many posts about this topic already. So i found one. On the 17th page..... Yeah really over talked about topic that wasn't already stickied.

I think they really have a fun game, but their community team is down right oppressive towards negative feedback.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

Gaijin is in Russia. Like Wargamming and their forums, the moderators are not interested in any feedback perceived as 'negative' - especially if its coming from outside of Russia.

With WG we've all noticed that different rules appear to apply on the RU forum versus NA (and, to a lesser extent, EU). I suspect that is likely the case here as well.

I've run into the same issue you describe - only thing you can do is pour points into pilot vitality and upgrade your planes as you unlock things that may help protect you. With that said - the way MM is set up with tier+2 (and due to low pop on servers you often see planes much higher than this) you face planes with better ammo, better guns and so on and this often leads to instakills (plane or pilot).

In terms of posting to their forums - try to phrase things in the form of a helpful suggestion. Something like "Love the game, but I notice in arcade mode my pilot gets killed quite often - for this mode of play can we enhance the gaming experience by giving the pilots more health?"

In the end though - unless their customer service is a lot better than WGs, you likely will never get a reply.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Maybe if you did a search you'd find the other 10 billion posts on the same topic.