Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CivCraft - Civilisation MineCraft based mod.

WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,011

So been playing this a while and figured I would share this mod is pretty great for anyone into Minecraft and liked certain open world games. I have been pretty burnt out from MMO's for a while now but this has had me hooked for a while now. Tonight 9pm PDT they start a new map with a new phase and tons of updates and changes to the game so figured this was a good time as of any to share with anyone else burnt out from current MMO's to at least find something fun to do.

You can find more information here http://www.civcraft.net this uses Vanilla MC by the way.

Here is the update notes so far.

 

What is CivilizationCraft?

What is CivilizationCraft?

 

We’ve added over 110 new items to Minecraft! Yes. Over 100 new materials. We found that running an economy in Minecraft requires that items be a lot more valuable than they currently are. We’ve made the Minecraft crafting tech tree deeper and more difficult. However it is much more rewarding since we’ve customized all of the gear you’re able to craft. The vanilla items you farm in game are crafted into higher tier materials. Lapis Ore now drops as Tungsten ore(lapis is still available from markets), and a new special “Chromium ore” which is only available by using the Trommel structure which converts cobblestone into minerals. The entire mod is server side, so no need to download any client mods! Just connect! ( This is an in-game Recipe book detailing how to craft the new materials )

 

New Gear

New Gear

 

With all of the new gear, we’ve had to make some significant changes to the balance of PvP in Minecraft. Since gear can now get very expensive, you have the ability to enhance your gear with a “Soulbound” ability. This prevents the gear from dropping when you die. We’ve found that losing very valuable gear makes PvP less fun, since it becomes “whomever dies first loses”. When you die with soulbound however, it takes a lot of durability away from your item, and your items can break if they’re not repaired.

 

Camps!

Camps!

 

A big part of CivilizationCraft is city management, so we’ve introduced a new Happiness mechanic which increases the challenges of city management in game, especially for larger towns. The more players you have in your town, the harder it will be to keep it happy. Certain structures can increase (Monument, Temple) or decrease (Blacksmith) happiness in the town. Which structures you build, the locations you build them, and the towns you choose to build them in are now much more important decisions. ( Town of Excella in Rubicon on the Grenard server )

 

City Building

City Building

 

The locations of Civilizations matter. The land around towns allows them to differentiate and specialize from each other. Towns built in plains experience more growth than towns built in tundra. Certain structures such as the Cottage, the Farm and the Mine, exploit the terrain they are built next to and yield bonuses based on the biomes around them. Building next to rivers and beaches give Happiness bonuses, building next to tundra and ice give science bonuses, and building next to mountains and hills give Production(Hammer) bonuses. See more at the wiki: http://civcraft.net/wiki/index.php?title=Culture

 

Random Events

Random Events

 

A lot of CivilizationCraft’s content is the most interesting at the early stages of the game. Additionally, players wanted to be able to use culture, diplomacy, and science to help them achieve victory. So we’ve added Diplomatic, Cultural, Conquest, and Science victory conditions. For more information about end game conditions check the wiki page here: http://civcraft.net/wiki/index.php?title=Winning_The_Game ( Pictured above is the Council of Eight, The Diplomatic End-Game Wonder )

 

Custom Structure Templates

Custom Structure Templates

 

Visit our forums here: http://civcraft.net/forums Visit the wiki to learn more about the mod: http://civcraft.net/wiki (Image Courtesy of jnkjnk)

 

image

Comments

  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

    Great find! I'm amazed by some of the mods that have come out for Minecraft.

     

    I think I'm going to check this one out over the weekend.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

    How is it possible to have the new materials in the game, without client side mods? Do they use standard textures and materials, but with different names? So what players would do is collect something that looks like Lapis, and through four tiers of crafting get four different materials that look like Lapis, but which have different properties or quality?

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    wow, looks cool.

    "There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,011

    Originally posted by Nevulus

    Great find! I'm amazed by some of the mods that have come out for Minecraft.

     

    I think I'm going to check this one out over the weekend.

     

    Yeah one of the good mods I have played. See unlike other mods the gameplay is way more in depth than anything else I played. The game had a whole Eco System, Diplomacy, Random events and so on.

     

    Originally posted by lizardbones

    How is it possible to have the new materials in the game, without client side mods? Do they use standard textures and materials, but with different names? So what players would do is collect something that looks like Lapis, and through four tiers of crafting get four different materials that look like Lapis, but which have different properties or quality?

     

    The game use normal assets but the properties are changed depending on what is made. You can not just jump in and mine some diamonds and make gear you have to either join a CIV and work with others for these goals.

    ---

    My community won Phase 4 on Arandel, If anyone is wanting to join us you are more than welcome. We will be going on the other server this time round on Grenard. It is a great game once you get into it and I do not post about games much on here only the hidden gems so to say. 

    image

  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 582

    Their website is horrible to try and navigate to anything of meaningful information whatsoever, also for the love of me I can't connect to the server, and neither the site, nor anything on the forums gives so much as a hint to if the server is up/down/crosseyed/whatever.

    After about 30 minutes of frustration I gave up. I'll check back on it when the people in charge of the project get their stuff together into something... usable, or even understandable.

    Despite the abysmal website and lack of server/connection information that matters, the project does seem interesting.

    PS: To clarify, I'm talking about actually joining the game being neigh-impossible, and the information regarding getting "into" the game/server being the issue. As for how to "play" the game, that is covered rather well via the wiki. (Not that it matters, since you can't get into the server/game anyway.)

    To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,011
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

    Their website is horrible to try and navigate to anything of meaningful information whatsoever, also for the love of me I can't connect to the server, and neither the site, nor anything on the forums gives so much as a hint to if the server is up/down/crosseyed/whatever.

    After about 30 minutes of frustration I gave up. I'll check back on it when the people in charge of the project get their stuff together into something... usable, or even understandable.

    Despite the abysmal website and lack of server/connection information that matters, the project does seem interesting.

    PS: To clarify, I'm talking about actually joining the game being neigh-impossible, and the information regarding getting "into" the game/server being the issue. As for how to "play" the game, that is covered rather well via the wiki. (Not that it matters, since you can't get into the server/game anyway.)

    Sorry it is done via a gaming hub on us.shotbow.net 

    I should have posted this in my first post.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.