Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live Forum Q&A Joel Bylos - The Secret World

124»

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Q10: any chance on releasing a tabletop book (hardcover of course!!) on the concept art and lore of TSW?

i know the site has awsome section but-...hey needs to be updated!!!

:)

• MoirenMoiren Member UncommonPosts: 34

I think these might have gotten lost in my edits:

Any chance we will be able to get some of the faction related clothes? The dresses in the Templar library, specifically. Do want!

Also Will the Core Capacitors and Diodes be available elsewhere for people who aren't able to do the raids? Or will they be a sort of open things for everyone on the server or in a faction?

Also, since the economy is driven by players, there are some things for sale that people don't actually have the pax on them to dump in one fell swoop for their worth; Could we maybe get a marketplace type subsection in the forums?

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

Will the scenarios coming with the next issues be something you can just fire up and grind a little ? Obviously that is not the focus of this game, but sometimes it would be nice to just bash some zombie heads in without burning through finite quest content.

Say, the villas in AoC.

• nusquamnusquam FuncomMember, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 62

Originally posted by Wurlitzer

Hi Joel, TSW is a great game, keep up the great work, it's the first game that I have truly become immersed in since purchasing in March, and it is just really engrossing,  I'm glad that I finally was granted the chance to purchase it when it became subscription free.

I am new to playing MMOS, I've played a  few before, but never really understood the logistics of how character stats work. And I would be so grateful, if you can please explain a better understanding of how the stats of Talis and glyphs work. I understand what they are but not really what they do, to use them to my best potential when soloing. So I would appreciate if you can go over that or point me to a website that explains a better comprehension of how Talismans work, along with how would you choose if you were playing solo, do you usually want more health, or more attack, or others? Thanks for all the input, and sorry for all the confusion!  So thanks again!

This is a good place to start http://wordpress.tswguides.com/newplayerguide/

If you need more help, you can ask in the newcomers section on the forums. Our community is excellent and people are always willing to help!

Originally posted by edgedy

Hi Joel, thanks for the answers so far.

I was hoping to ask about the long term game balance with The Secret World.

Specifically, what differentiates strong MMO's in my opinion is that they balance the game for PVP and PVE. So that abilities change when entering a PVP zone. I've felt that a large percentage of abilities have been reduced in the past to keep them from being overpowered in PVP and one shotting or stun locking.

Moving forward is there any chance, that it is possible to balance each system separately so that each system doesn't cause problems. The main effect I'm looking for is that dungeons have become increasingly more difficult for newcomers as a result of the changes and with new dungeons unlocking I want to make sure that more accessibility is possible for everyone.

Thanks.

Tokyo introduces a system which behaves, for the first time in TSW, differently in PvE and PvP. I think that will address some of your concerns. It's def something we are aiming for.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Joel, do you use any of the player made Ui mods? 

when you play do you prefer to solo or group?

Do you think funcom will ever sell "Heroic Characters" like EQ2 just introduced, characters you can buy(or upgrade) with a large set amount of AP/SP, gear?

• xanderhayesxanderhayes Member CommonPosts: 1

Hi Joel, i got a few questions for you.

Do you think we can get combat pets? My Ferocious Wolf does nothing but wine all the time, lol.

Any news about fast travel, or the ability to make a temp Anima Well with a potion so if you keep dieing some where far from the nearest well, you don't have to run all day, lol.

Any chance for a resurrection ability if your in a group?

Can Vet Items in the store have there own tab?

And the re-constructor cost the same amount as at a vender, should there be like a 20% discount since your fixing it your self?

Any PVP related events planned?

And thank you for all of this!!!

Originally posted by orbitxo

Q10: any chance on releasing a tabletop book (hardcover of course!!) on the concept art and lore of TSW?

i know the site has awsome section but-...hey needs to be updated!!!

:)

I'd love to. We'd need a partner to publish it, of course. So again, anyone interested can get in touch with marketing!

Originally posted by Moiren

I think these might have gotten lost in my edits:

Any chance we will be able to get some of the faction related clothes? The dresses in the Templar library, specifically. Do want!

Also Will the Core Capacitors and Diodes be available elsewhere for people who aren't able to do the raids? Or will they be a sort of open things for everyone on the server or in a faction?

Also, since the economy is driven by players, there are some things for sale that people don't actually have the pax on them to dump in one fell swoop for their worth; Could we maybe get a marketplace type subsection in the forums?

We shall see. We have a lot of clothing in the pipeline but I am not sure what we have stolen from where.

No we will likely keep the most hardcore stuff for the most hardcore effort - for now. We will likely add more opportunities to get it in the future just as we have done with purple gear. But for now it will be exclusive stuff.

Something I can talk to the mods about.

Also hi Moiren, I wasn't paying attention when I replied before ;) Nice to see you!

Originally posted by Amegashie

Will the scenarios coming with the next issues be something you can just fire up and grind a little ? Obviously that is not the focus of this game, but sometimes it would be nice to just bash some zombie heads in without burning through finite quest content.

Say, the villas in AoC.

Yeah Scenarios are designed to be exactly that kind of content. Though the random elements should make it interesting to repeat over and over again, to some extent.

• StealthPacifistStealthPacifist Member Posts: 1

Hello, Joel. :) FIrst time I'm making a post to you!

This may have already been asked but I need to get it out of my system: Out of all the auxiliary weapons, I think the Magic ones are the most potentially interesting. Like the Quantum Brace, it could utilize new forms of magical thoughts and come up with really intriguing forms of attack.

1) Are you able to hint at this time about any of the upcoming Magic Auxiliaries?

2) Better yet, will we as players be given the opportunity to determine what weapon we want to see in that category?

3) Finally, is there at all a chance that we'll be able to utilize Sound magic in that category? Potentially in the form of an ELECTRIC GUITAR?!

Thanks in advance!

• MoirenMoiren Member UncommonPosts: 34
    No worries! Thanks for coming and answering all of our questions! It must be stupid o'clock for you now, and we're all so very curious. :D
  • GreymarchGreymarch Member Posts: 12

We've had a "Get your music in-game" and a "Get your clothing designs in-game" contest go though so far. Would you say those were a repeatable type of thing considering the manpower required? I wonder since the music winner banner in Roman Records specifically says "2013", should we expect to see these repeat?

There was also a thread asking about a "Get your fiction in-game" possibly as a new contest on the main TSW forums. Do you foresee more fan-made or even crowd-sourced content like this getting added?

• KaazKaaz Member Posts: 18
    can we have a Revenant based scenario (those things are awesome) 
  • GreymarchGreymarch Member Posts: 12
    Have they managed to get you to call him "Flappy" yet?
  • KabullaKabulla Member Posts: 2
    Figured seeing as you are answering questions... could you have someone look at equal footing. I have made a post regarding it on the test forums. It is not working properly for healing. Also any plans to adjust it so it is useful for tanks in pvp who's useful  stats come from glyphs which are not buffed?
  • splashfactorsplashfactor Member Posts: 4

Joel, any chance funcom will fork out the cash to fix the crippiling server issues, it's really hurting the gameplay.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Q11: Manhattan raid is pretty epic -but warned one must go with a' holy trinity' group at hand...

will future raid content also consist of a 'holy trinity' makeup or will it be modified on what kind of balance the group intails ( ex. mele and range dps only in the group..)?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Hi Joel, as I see I'm a bit late and the ones I wanted to ask were already answered (rp / emotes and housing, mostly)

So this is simply a Thank you post for both AoC and TSW, and for this q&a thread, keep up the awesome work :)

Originally posted by TribeofOne

Joel, do you use any of the player made Ui mods? 

when you play do you prefer to solo or group?

Do you think funcom will ever sell "Heroic Characters" like EQ2 just introduced, characters you can buy(or upgrade) with a large set amount of AP/SP, gear?

I use a few. Eths buff bars and Autocrafter were the ones I was using most recently. I know people rag on the gear manager but it works flawlessly for me.

I play solo, mostly. Keep in mind that by the time you see any of the content in the game, I have probably run it 30 times. I usually only run everything once on my live characters to make sure it still works after launch.

I doubt we will sell heroic characters.

Originally posted by xanderhayes

Hi Joel, i got a few questions for you.

Do you think we can get combat pets? My Ferocious Wolf does nothing but wine all the time, lol.

Any news about fast travel, or the ability to make a temp Anima Well with a potion so if you keep dieing some where far from the nearest well, you don't have to run all day, lol.

Any chance for a resurrection ability if your in a group?

Can Vet Items in the store have there own tab?

And the re-constructor cost the same amount as at a vender, should there be like a 20% discount since your fixing it your self?

Any PVP related events planned?

And thank you for all of this!!!

Combat pets is unlikely. They caused a million problems in AoC (Yes necros I am looking at you) and so we would rather not kill our servers with them in TSW.

Keep an eye on the vet system for fast travel options.

No, we will not add a combat res. The game is designed to not have this and it was also responsible for a million exploits in AoC (and still responsible for one nasty one even today).

I would like to, but I don't run the store. The people who do feel it is better that people see "all the other things to buy" when browsing for vet items :)

No. The convenience is doing it wherever you want.

See the PvP thread I posted earlier. It covers what you can expect to see in PvP.

Alright everyone, I think that is all I have time for. Thanks for the questions and I hope the answers helped you somewhat. It's been a pleasure chatting.

Joel

• imunrealimunreal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Thanks for the reply, I will see what I am having issues with ^_^

Will we ever see any android/ios app that can be used for Cabal chat, checking out characters and etc. Something similar to the Rift app or World of Warcraft app?

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Thanks for taking the time to answer all those questions.
This discussion has been closed.