Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The bad aspects of FFXIV

124»

Comments

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 877
    Originally posted by Lady_Vixen

I'll concede that FFXIV does have some alternate ways to make gil, but it's all contingent on players crafting/gathering.  You MUST craft/gather if you want to play the game, and that, for me is a deal breaker. 

I don't dislike crafting/gathering, I hate it with a passion.  I find it mind numbingly boring, and I won't pay to play a game that I don't enjoy.  Forcing me to craft to play the game would be like forcing a crafter to level a combat class that they despise simply to get by on a day to day basis.  It's not worth it, and therefore falls into the category of "the bad aspects of FFXIV" as stated in the thread title. 

In regard to gil fountains, it's been stated that people can run FATEs and other dynamic events to make gil.  The fallacy in that argument is that while you may make 250 gil running a couple of FATEs, your repairs from that come out to 500 gil, which ends up as a net loss.  Net loss = gold sink, not gil fountain. 

If you're just leveling up, no you don't.

If you're a max level dungeon runner, no you don't.  Just buy a coke/potash every once in a while with those tokens and sell it.  Pays for your repairs for quite a while.