Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class would suit me?

PinkSparrowPinkSparrow Member UncommonPosts: 33
<blockquote ugc="" basehtml"=""> Hey All

I know, I know. I can try before I ‘buy’ But, I still would like some input as it will help me and narrow down my options.

I assume like other MMOs I can play by myself and have no problem using any class to reach the current maximum level of 95?

So, the classes that appeal to me currently are Wizard, Warlock, Necromancer, Beastlord, Ranger, Berserker, and Shadowknight. I’m going by their description.

I usually love playing as a sorcerer. I also like doing a lot of damage, but I like being able to do things by myself.

I read somewhere about classes being able to solo certain mobs. That’s awesome but…. Is it worth it? Is it too difficult?

I guess dungeons and raids is another thing to bare in mind, right? What role I would be in those? Again, I prefer doing damage – I think its the easy option, is it not?

Is that enough to go on?

Comments

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    All those classes I'm sure can play solo the whole game. But the easiest would be Necro or Beastlord. Both classes have pets that can tank for you.
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

You will be expected to tank as a berserker or shadowknight.

If you like being a sorcerer I would suggest wizard or warlock.  necro is better solo, but more of a DoT class and i suspect you want big booms.  And the biggest booms are wizard.

Wizards arent bad soloers either.  necros are better, but Wizzies do ok.

• PinkSparrowPinkSparrow Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Just a quick response. I don't mind if others suggest other classes. I heard Bruiser, Monk, and Inquisitor and good solo classes.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

conjuror is my favorite class - another caster pet class

similiar to necro but elemental based damage

another pet class is illusionist / coercer  (enchanter)

doesn't solo as well as the other pet classes but highly desired in groups in upper level content

using mercenaries, all classes are ezmode for leveling

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by syriinx

You will be expected to tank as a berserker or shadowknight.

If you like being a sorcerer I would suggest wizard or warlock.  necro is better solo, but more of a DoT class and i suspect you want big booms.  And the biggest booms are wizard.

Wizards arent bad soloers either.  necros are better, but Wizzies do ok.

Just to add to this...unless it has changed since I played last:

Wizard = single target kaboom

Warlock = aoe kaboom