Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overall population after f2p

Comments

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Masonic1
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

*snip*launch was a mess all the of the reviews stated worst mmo in history*snip*

Not on IGN, where the entire staff mysteriously got a bonus check at launch. :P

ign is well known for being in ea's and microsoft's pockets when it comes to any review.

look at the user reviews however tor is one of the worst rated mmo's ever.

Evidence for the underlined statement please.

• Masonic1Masonic1 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

*snip*launch was a mess all the of the reviews stated worst mmo in history*snip*

Not on IGN, where the entire staff mysteriously got a bonus check at launch. :P

ign is well known for being in ea's and microsoft's pockets when it comes to any review.

look at the user reviews however tor is one of the worst rated mmo's ever.

Evidence for the underlined statement please.

evidence is out there there was a whole topic about it on NEOGaf

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

I love all these "Give me the NUMBERS" folks... seriously - Log in and find out.

Oh, but, but, but, "I wouldn't play that game if you pay'd me too!!" - then why do you care?

I did just that yesterday prime time, and where as at the time I let me sub lapse, there could be found 4-5 instances of 200 ppl on fleet, now it was 2 instances of 150 (did they reduce the number?) on fleet. Saturday night mind you. 

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by orionblack

I love all these "Give me the NUMBERS" folks... seriously - Log in and find out.

Oh, but, but, but, "I wouldn't play that game if you pay'd me too!!" - then why do you care?

I did just that yesterday prime time, and where as at the time I let me sub lapse, there could be found 4-5 instances of 200 ppl on fleet, now it was 2 instances of 150 (did they reduce the number?) on fleet. Saturday night mind you. 

[mod edit]

[mod edit]. Ebon Hawk will always have 3-4 instances of 200 people on prime time. I have several alts there if you want proof. If you want more proof check

http://www.torstatus.net

Ebon Hawk is one of the servers which goes into Heavy load in Prime time.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I have to agree that SWTOR is a complete bomb

I tried the F2P after hearing about the latest expansion

Sorry to say, I wont make it until the expansion, the game just sucks too much, I cant bear it anymore.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I really don't know what SWTOR is doing these days. I am not sure that it matters. The game will go on IF it is MAKING MONEY. Which means...people are not playing it for FREE. If it fails to make money then it will close....period.

I played the game as a subscriber and quit once f2p hit. Reasons: nothing (or rather not enough) to do once you reached level cap ; and, will not PAY for others to play the same content I pay for free. My reasons and you do not have to agree with them.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

whats great too is instead of fixing issue in pvp they are just introducing as many more of them as they can in an obvious attempt to turn the game into a totally pve experience.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Gruug

I really don't know what SWTOR is doing these days. I am not sure that it matters. The game will go on IF it is MAKING MONEY. Which means...people are not playing it for FREE. If it fails to make money then it will close....period.

I played the game as a subscriber and quit once f2p hit. Reasons: nothing (or rather not enough) to do once you reached level cap ; and, will not PAY for others to play the same content I pay for free. My reasons and you do not have to agree with them.

Awesome comment... basically you're peeve'd at the state of the game as you left it. That's totally fair and not full of "well this is fact... and you should listen when I say fact". 

I can appreciate ^this point of view... I cannot abide by wishing ill just because of a grudge.

Here are some screenshots on Ebon Hawk Imperial Fleet i took right now showing 3 instances taken in "STANDARD" load which will generally have 400+ people in total since it was past the server's peak time at which it will be in "HEAVY" and will have 4+ instances with over 600 people. Your move, haters.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by skyline385

Here are some screenshots on Ebon Hawk Imperial Fleet i took right now showing 3 instances taken in "STANDARD" load which will generally have 400+ people in total since it was past the server's peak time at which it will be in "HEAVY" and will have 4+ instances with over 600 people. Your move, haters.

/snip

Yeah well it obviously only has 600 people and not 14 billion that it needs to justify... something something.. something..

300 million dollars... something something..

EA is evil... something something... blah blah blah...

I'm sorry, what are we talking about again? 

Oh yeah, SWTOR and the fact it was a crime against humanity that SWTOR isn't SWG PRE CU / SWG EMU / SWG 2 / SWG with hot sauce / SWG with wild mushroom etc.

Joking aside; overall pop is good for me when I play so whatever.

Haters gonna hate and players are gonna play.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Take a picture of Alderaan.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Originally posted by ignore_me

I expected 'goal moving posts' but not something this obvious.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

It's way past prime time now and i am not interested in posting screens of each and every planet for you. I posted the one to show his lies; if you wanna see Alderaan or anything else, download and see it yourself.

It's way past prime time now and i am not interested in posting screens of each and every planet for you. I posted the one to show his lies; if you wanna see Alderaan or anything else, download and see it yourself.

Oh too bad. I wanted to see how many we could put up. I played a bit on Friday, and though I hate this game I will say there were enough people to group with in the lower level zones. I haven't logged in with any of my 50's because it depresses me.

Oh too bad. I wanted to see how many we could put up. I played a bit on Friday, and though I hate this game I will say there were enough people to group with in the lower level zones. I haven't logged in with any of my 50's because it depresses me.

There are enough people everywhere. I play on Red Eclipse EU (Ebon Hawk just has some of the trial characters i created to see the community) and there were like 200 people on Alderaan during Red Eclipse Standard load last night. Groups can be formed almost instantly.

Originally posted by jpnz

I expected 'goal moving posts' but not something this obvious.

Well if you want to solo Alderaan I guess it's ok if there are like 3 people there. The fleet is a lobby, I was simply giving the other side of the story.

There are enough people everywhere. I play on Red Eclipse EU (Ebon Hawk just has some of the trial characters i created to see the community) and there were like 200 people on Alderaan during Red Eclipse Standard load last night. Groups can be formed almost instantly.

I'm going to take your word for it.

If you want it as in a serious manner and not just for the sake of hating excuses like many people here, i will post one later when it goes prime-time, right now it's in Light. The only reason i am here is because my office decided to have a holiday today, no complaints from me.

If you want it as in a serious manner and not just for the sake of hating excuses like many people here, i will post one later when it goes prime-time, right now it's in Light. The only reason i am here is because my office decided to have a holiday today, no complaints from me.

No, if there are people populating the servers throughout the level ranges then it's not an issue for the game. Generally SWTOR's strength is considered it's leveling up to 50, so if you can group for dungeons during that span it means there is viable population.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by gamekid2k Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?
    It's doing extremely well with tons or people and regular updates. Don't mind the haters here and see it for yourself. I even created this thread to get this rid of some of the false presumptions of the game because i simply hate people who hate hard-working devs over lies.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/397350

funny how you want to say it is doing 'extremely well' yet post no facts to back that up.

As of 0300 EST 14 Oct 2013, there are 8 U.S Servers. 5 East coast and 3 West coast.

East coast:

2 - PvE Servers
    1 - RP-PvP
    1 - PvP
    1 - RP

West coast

1 - PvP
    1 - RP
    1 - PvE

Europe has 9 servers, 3 English, 3 Deutsche, and 3 French.

I recently started back on a East Coast PvE server and thus far it has been all right. Not to bad on queue times (I play a tank so take that with a grain of salt) and finding groups for heroics isn't to bad either. I made toons on all the U.S. servers and took them to level 10(ish), almost every server I played on had populated starter area.

My biggest gripe since returning, and I only had this issue on the Republic side (read Jedi 'good guys') of my current server is the community. I found it near impossible to get any sort of help/advice without dealing with a never ending stream of jackasses. So after a week I went over to the Dark side and have had very few issues along those lines. Not sure what is wrong with the 'light side' on my server, but it was pretty bad.

The game itself is fun, it is not nor will it ever be SWG 2, and yes there is still a mind boggling amount of cut scenes and crap to wade through. However I am finding it fun nonetheless.

PvP - The limited amount I have done is still just a boring CC fest, and imo one of the worst designed systems in MMO's, however it does seem very popular and it may be missing something. But my experience (less than 100 matches) is being chain CC'd or chain CC'ing someone until they die. Yawn fest.

The PvE stuff is fun, some of it I find refreshing, and I can say I really believe this game is worth a 2nd look. I just went into it expecting SWTOR and not something else and thus far I have not been let down.

The F2P version of this game is purely designed to make you spend money or just subscribe. Spoiler alert: it is far cheaper to just subscribe (short term any way) than it is to try and but all the basic account unlocks you will want for convenient gaming. You can however, go through the entire game for free it is just an enormous pain in the ass.

TL:DR version.

The game is going fine, it seems to be stabilized at a nice healthy player base, and I don't think anyone starting or coming back will be disappointed.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21

Just to put my two penneth in. I purchased the game at launch & got to level 39 with my Sith Assassin, then due to various reasons I stopped playing. I find that with a lot of mmo's tbh, I enjoy it initially but then things start to get repetitive and I lose interest.

Anyway, I had never uninstalled and have recently started playing the game again, creating a new character on red eclipse, and thus far I'm really enjoying being back. I've even become a subscriber again for a few months.  I've found the population to be pretty solid. I've not struggled finding people to do flashpoints, or heroic missions, and I'm enjoying the story again. I'm looking forward to finally reaching max level and trying some of the new content.

I'm sure there's plenty people who will, like me, step back in and enjoy themselves. 

Well if you want to solo Alderaan I guess it's ok if there are like 3 people there. The fleet is a lobby, I was simply giving the other side of the story.

So you went from 'overall population' to 'specific zone population'?

Keep on moving that goal post.

Gdemami -

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Originally posted by OdenBlade
    Star Wars: The Old Republic should have been Kickstarter project instead.

EA doing a kickstarter, you have to be kidding me?

Made me giggle EA get jack from me they just money grabbers imo.

Asbo

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?

It's doing extremely well with tons or people and regular updates. Don't mind the haters here and see it for yourself. I even created this thread to get this rid of some of the false presumptions of the game because i simply hate people who hate hard-working devs over lies.

Nothing to add. Some people just enjoy their hate (including but not only Swtor). Everyone can have negative opinion, no problem with that, but many have just that sick joy of chasing and spitting all over on games they actually do not play at all.

• didjeramadidjerama Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?

Nothing to add. Some people just enjoy their hate (including but not only Swtor). Everyone can have negative opinion, no problem with that, but many have just that sick joy of chasing and spitting all over on games they actually do not play at all.

Negative opinion?

So when people with very facts blamed SWTORs engine for running crap back at open beta/launch they were called haters.

Game tanked and then even James Ohlen blamed huge part of failure on borked engine.

Just one example.

So fanboism is just as bad as hating, even worse, because hate, for whatever it is, points to problems and fanboism points to....nothing at all.