Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overall population after f2p

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by maxima29
    Originally posted by Karahandras
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?

Like other games that go f2p, the big increase is at the beginning.  According to torstatus.net it's now down to the standard-light area, how many actual players that translates to is anybocies guess.  The last number ea put out was a steady 500k subs, but what they fail to mention was that this was the same time as the expansion and that you got a discount with a sub that made the two roughly the same price so it's probably much more likely that they sold 500k copies of the expansion rather than having 500k actual subscribers.  I guess the most telling thing is that ea are very quiet on this number now, so you know it isn't good.

Edit: there's a good chance the numbers will drop again when eqnge, wildstar etc hit too.

You forgot to mention the 1.7 million f2p accounts going f2p created. These players should also be included into the population and your assumption of its current population.

It's not a 1:1 ratio when comparing new players to new accounts though.  You keep interchanging the 2, even after you acknowledge that new account =/= new player.  I suppose it suits your ambitions though, whether on this blog avatar or a different one.

Many people like myself, who already had a SWTOR account, created a new one "just to see" how bad the F2P really was.  Perhaps you did the same?  I mean it surely helps to discuss the game if someone in the know has played both methods, right?

How many existing customers tried the F2P system?  Exactly, that is why you can't use new free accounts and new players interchangeably, as you elude to, when you indicate that the 1.7M accounts should be included into the population.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

However, I will say that as long as they are coming out with new content that they must be making enough money to justify doing it. Since they just came out with a new patch, I guess they are not going bankrupt just yet. 

That is if the content was written after the game launched. A lot of stuff that has been put in was written and already paid for before the game launched, including Makeb, and the not yet released Super Secret Space Project. All content is just being held back to prolong things and make it seem new content in still coming.

You keep harping on about how things were started or even finished long ago on SWTOR. they may have been started but they sure as hell were not anywhere close to been finished. Makeb yes started but put on hold and changed lots before release , SSSP one guy started it in his spare time , that's it. The new FP's , OP's WZ's of recent times and content like Oricon and CZ-198 are new! Loosing all that staff last year took it's toll on the updates for the game , which has now been rectified completely , new huge content every 2 months is good in my book.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Karteli

Anyone knows how many active players are currently playing SWToR?  Did f2p caused a big increase?

Like other games that go f2p, the big increase is at the beginning.  According to torstatus.net it's now down to the standard-light area, how many actual players that translates to is anybocies guess.  The last number ea put out was a steady 500k subs, but what they fail to mention was that this was the same time as the expansion and that you got a discount with a sub that made the two roughly the same price so it's probably much more likely that they sold 500k copies of the expansion rather than having 500k actual subscribers.  I guess the most telling thing is that ea are very quiet on this number now, so you know it isn't good.

Edit: there's a good chance the numbers will drop again when eqnge, wildstar etc hit too.

You forgot to mention the 1.7 million f2p accounts going f2p created. These players should also be included into the population and your assumption of its current population.

It's not a 1:1 ratio when comparing new players to new accounts though.  You keep interchanging the 2, even after you acknowledge that new account =/= new player.  I suppose it suits your ambitions though, whether on this blog avatar or a different one.

Many people like myself, who already had a SWTOR account, created a new one "just to see" how bad the F2P really was.  Perhaps you did the same?  I mean it surely helps to discuss the game if someone in the know has played both methods, right?

How many existing customers tried the F2P system?  Exactly, that is why you can't use new free accounts and new players interchangeably, as you elude to, when you indicate that the 1.7M accounts should be included into the population.

Well it took you and SWG guy long enough to get here. We have swg never ending "its old content" and now you not reading the context of what that comment was about. Someone mentioned Rift having more players I gave e him a bump to Google to show him all the info out there current subs/f2p accounts show swtor ahead. Yes I understand f2p are not 1:1. But if one game has 2 million and the other has almost a million its a safe bet which one would have a higher population.

However, I will say that as long as they are coming out with new content that they must be making enough money to justify doing it. Since they just came out with a new patch, I guess they are not going bankrupt just yet.     

That is if the content was written after the game launched. A lot of stuff that has been put in was written and already paid for before the game launched, including Makeb, and the not yet released Super Secret Space Project. All content is just being held back to prolong things and make it seem new content in still coming.

Can you please provide a link a source to you knowing what they have just sitting and waiting to be released. All this content has been done completed and just collecting dust hmm? You have ran out of things to bash your only arguenent ever has been its old content its old content.. well your post are old content that you have saved in word that you copy/paste. There is proof of that but yet you have no proof that this last update is old content, bounty hunter missions were old content S&v old content, etc etc.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by JudgeUK
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by yangdude
    What's free in this game - isn't almost the whole game inaccessible for the f2p - or an I thinking of LOTRO?

You will not have certain conviniences but you can play the entire game free of cost.

I have returned to check out the ftp model. Also playing a couple of other ftp mmo's predominately Rift and Tera.

Swtor's model seems to be a vehicle purely aimed at getting the player to subscribe. The other two, whilst still giving benefits to subscribers, are more standalone ftp models targeted toward cash shop bonus items.

My thoughts are that a good ftp model should be able to operate as an attractive standalone offering, with the cash shop offering a wide variety of commercially attractive bonuses. In this I'd say Rift in particular has got it about right.

However, a ftp model that appears to be set up with more penalties than benefits can do more harm than good.

Why? Because it gives the impression that the ftp player is someone they didn't really want to accommodate, but circumstances have forced their hand.

You can say that this is the case for other games, and you may be right - But, these other games come across as fully accepting the change, welcoming it as an opportunity to re-invigorate their games.

I do not get this feeling with Swtor - in more or less every action, from character creation onward, there are paragraphs telling you that you are penalized, with subscription as the resolution to these penalties.

I feel that a ftp model more aligned with Rift would actually benefit swtor. But whether the developers can change their mindset to truly welcome ftp players - who are going to stay that way - I don't know.

EA will NEVER understand this logic.

Well it took you and SWG guy long enough to get here. We have swg never ending "its old content" and now you not reading the context of what that comment was about. Someone mentioned Rift having more players I gave e him a bump to Google to show him all the info out there current subs/f2p accounts show swtor ahead. Yes I understand f2p are not 1:1. But if one game has 2 million and the other has almost a million its a safe bet which one would have a higher population.

Not really any safe bets here.

Each class has a unique story in SWTOR, so freemiums would create multiple accounts to get all 8 story arcs, if they wanted to go that route?  Also SWTOR had a free trial promotion, giving the story away, which is a great luxury to those who just want a solo player casual game experience.  Essentially, a Must-have for KotOR fans.

And it's a 1.7M comparison, not 2M.  2 million was stated outside of EA's official investor call, as a round-off "convenience", as EA likes to do when in their favor.  1.7M was from the investor call.

But in any event, this is just petty bickering.  When SWTOR went freemium there was an unmistakeable uptick in population, which has mostly dried up now.  There is 1 very good server still, 2 good's, and the rest in the mostly unpopulated category.  I'd opt for free server transfers like GW2!

There is some content upgrades, 2.4 looks good, but still has a crapload of cash-shop stuff, albeit not as bad as some previous patches.  Animal mounts are a big deal though, so ... bleech to the CS!

Each content upgrade gets a population boost, but as with roller coaster rides, every "hump" after the first drop climbs noticeably less high from previous climbs, until finally the ride is over.  Saying the population is fine though across the board is worthy of a chuckle - it just depends on which of the 17 servers you play on.

edit: As to the overall total population .. anyones guess, but less than 500k when servers were reaching very heavy & full .. now they just reach standard & heavy (for a few) during peak  .. so .. half of 500k? .. 250k total including subs and freemiums?  It may not matter much for financials, since the cash-shop double-dips and brings in extra money.

For subscription games, that's #3 or less, with WoW #1 (7M), and EVE #2 (550k).

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Can you please provide a link a source to you knowing what they have just sitting and waiting to be released. All this content has been done completed and just collecting dust hmm? You have ran out of things to bash your only arguenent ever has been its old content its old content.. well your post are old content that you have saved in word that you copy/paste. There is proof of that but yet you have no proof that this last update is old content, bounty hunter missions were old content S&v old content, etc etc.

I was hoping someone would post a link to an article saying that it was recently created / after launch, proving me wrong, but no, just another "copy/paste" rebuttable.

They said that Makeb was done before launch, and before launch they said that multiplayer or PVP space would not be there for launch, implying it would come after launch, and were on about the SSSP.

EA/BW were quite candid about talking about when and how the content was created, but because they are no longer so candid, then one assumes that content was also done before launch. Unless there is an article out there saying content was written after launch and paid with using subscribers / F2P revenue, then I stand my OPINION. It is only opinion, and not fact, and there is no proof because it is only my opinion / view point. But can you prove me opinion wrong?

I was hoping someone would post a link to an article saying that it was recently created / after launch, proving me wrong, but no, just another "copy/paste" rebuttable.

They said that Makeb was done before launch, and before launch they said that multiplayer or PVP space would not be there for launch, implying it would come after launch, and were on about the SSSP.

EA/BW were quite candid about talking about when and how the content was created, but because they are no longer so candid, then one assumes that content was also done before launch. Unless there is an article out there saying content was written after launch and paid with using subscribers / F2P revenue, then I stand my OPINION. It is only opinion, and not fact, and there is no proof because it is only my opinion / view point. But can you prove me opinion wrong?

No they said makeb was in the works and will be released in the 1st major update/expansion which it was. Do you have a clue as to what it takes to make a video game? There is no article no company comes out and says "hi just for the haters we started this patch on such and such date" its a ridiculous ignorant copy/paste that proves you have run out of things to bash. Here I'll play your game Every patch SWG released was done before launch. Until you provide a link that has a date associated with each update I will stand by my claim. Every patch sto has released since launch was done before launch. See not hard to make wild accusations.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

This thread shows that there was a 10% growth when compared to the same period last year (around July)

Considering that period last year it was P2P, and the player base was nose diving, hence why it had to go F2P, 10% more today over last year = not good. If it was 10% more than the previous month or at launch of F2P then 10% more today would be pretty awesome.

Obviously if the overall population is awesome, then people are not spending enough. Loads of people playing and not paying is not going to keep the game around. Those who like the game need to pay more!

NO. NO. NO. NO.

The thread refers to EA's last results and makes the mistake of thinking that EA were talking only about SWTOR.

What EA said is that:

a) their subscription revenue (and some other stuff) was down compared with 12 months ago mainly because of SWTOR. 

b) their f2p, advertising etc.  revenue for a whole package of games. FIFA was up as was SWTOR. No surprise as SWTOR had ZERO f2p revenue 12 months ago.

c) that taken together a) and b) were up 10%.

How well or how badly SWTOR was doing is impossible to tell. That is why I didn't mention this above as it does not refer just to SWTOR. What they said about subscription revenue could mean that subs dropped c. 650k compared to 12 months ago BUT it might be less it might be more because EA are talking about a bundle of stuff.

The ops question was about active players. Karahandras is correct when he says that it is more likely that EA sold "just under 500k" copies of Makeb.

The key thing is to recognise the difference between subscribers; active f2p players and accounts. Many f2p games have 10M, 20M , 50M or 75M+ accounts.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by gervaise1

The ops question was about active players. Karahandras is correct when he says that it is more likely that EA sold "just under 500k" copies of Makeb.

The key thing is to recognise the difference between subscribers; active f2p players and accounts. Many f2p games have 10M, 20M , 50M or 75M+ accounts.

what does having the closest wild guess really tell you about any game ?

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Binny45

I came back to the game and subscribed.

I'm having fun.  More fun than I'm having in The Secret World or Guild Wars 2.

This game is fast paced, I find the later two move at a snails pace.  They're good games, I just feel like I'm moving through molasses most of the time.

Yeah, the 4 to 5 days it takes to hit level 80 in GW2 is "snail's pace".

When you shill, at least know a little about the games you bash.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

No they said makeb was in the works and will be released in the 1st major update/expansion which it was. Do you have a clue as to what it takes to make a video game? There is no article no company comes out and says "hi just for the haters we started this patch on such and such date" its a ridiculous ignorant copy/paste that proves you have run out of things to bash. Here I'll play your game Every patch SWG released was done before launch. Until you provide a link that has a date associated with each update I will stand by my claim. Every patch sto has released since launch was done before launch. See not hard to make wild accusations.

The difference in you saying about STO not getting content created after launch is because it is BS, as there is proof:

Here is an article showing that Denise Crosby was working on a secret project for STO between Nov 2012 and Jan 2013, which was an exclusive 3rd year anniversary mission

Now do the same with SWTOR

Originally posted by altair4

I can only guess but I think, taking server load and X-fire stats into account, that they have around 250k subscribers and maybe 100-200k F2P/Preferred "active" players. Been a downward trend since they went F2P and it's way lower now than even before it went F2P.

What is keeping this game alive is that many people are paying way more than $15 per month in their item shop. To those that love this game it's good since it keeps the game floating for now, but to me and I guess those that want to pay a monthly fee and have access to 100% content, it's horrible and personally I would never play any game that had this payment plan.

I thought this game would actually shutdown this year depending on the license agreement. But after Disney bought Lucas Arts and EA getting exclusive Star Wars deal it's likely this game will be running for a few more years. I'm sure the license cost has gone down alot for EA and they will keep it running with less and less people over time with all focus on Cartel Market.

Such a big shame cause it would have been great if there was a new Star Wars MMO in the works already aimed for new movies around 2015. But EA/Disney has screwed over any chance of that now.

I can only guess you have no clue what your talking about. Post get shutdown when reference your only source of information xfire its been repeated many times that is not a reliable source of a game population. Just a little history ea said they had 500k subs and 1.7 million new f2p accounts at f2p launch so looks like your expert calculation is a bit off nice try though. Do I'll take their word over someone who thinks the game is horrible. And BTW so sorry the game didn't close for you last year.

Actually x-fire proved to be a pretty good guide when SWTOR was a subscriber only game. Once games go f2p though ....

As far as the 500k subs number goes EA did announce this number in May - less than a month after Makeb came out. if the game still had 500k subs in Aug then last November it must have had close to 700k subs. Why? Because EA said in Aug that SWTOR had lost 25% since going f2p. And if it had nearly 700k last November it wouldn't have gone f2p.

As far as the 1.7M new f2p accounts announced in May this was a few weeks after announcing 2 million new accounts. A 300k discrepancy. Most likely explanation: most of the 300k accounts switched to subscriber status to get the Makeb discount. 

Closing comments:

1. Hard to know exactly how EA calculated the 25% drop in subs since f2p but only losing 25% is good.

2. Only getting 1.7M (or 2M) new accounts is poor. The game sold 2.4M "full price" copies. SoE announced over 10M for Clone Wars for example and when you get on to the really big games they are at 20M, 50M, 75M. And social gaming numbers can be even bigger.

Originally posted by gervaise1

Originally posted by altair4
    I can only guess but I think, taking server load and X-fire stats into account, that they have around 250k subscribers and maybe 100-200k F2P/Preferred "active" players. Been a downward trend since they went F2P and it's way lower now than even before it went F2P. What is keeping this game alive is that many people are paying way more than $15 per month in their item shop. To those that love this game it's good since it keeps the game floating for now, but to me and I guess those that want to pay a monthly fee and have access to 100% content, it's horrible and personally I would never play any game that had this payment plan. I thought this game would actually shutdown this year depending on the license agreement. But after Disney bought Lucas Arts and EA getting exclusive Star Wars deal it's likely this game will be running for a few more years. I'm sure the license cost has gone down alot for EA and they will keep it running with less and less people over time with all focus on Cartel Market. Such a big shame cause it would have been great if there was a new Star Wars MMO in the works already aimed for new movies around 2015. But EA/Disney has screwed over any chance of that now.

I can only guess you have no clue what your talking about. Post get shutdown when reference your only source of information xfire its been repeated many times that is not a reliable source of a game population. Just a little history ea said they had 500k subs and 1.7 million new f2p accounts at f2p launch so looks like your expert calculation is a bit off nice try though. Do I'll take their word over someone who thinks the game is horrible. And BTW so sorry the game didn't close for you last year.

Actually x-fire proved to be a pretty good guide when SWTOR was a subscriber only game. Once games go f2p though ....

As far as the 500k subs number goes EA did announce this number in May - less than a month after Makeb came out. if the game still had 500k subs in Aug then last November it must have had close to 700k subs. Why? Because EA said in Aug that SWTOR had lost 25% since going f2p. And if it had nearly 700k last November it wouldn't have gone f2p.

As far as the 1.7M new f2p accounts announced in May this was a few weeks after announcing 2 million new accounts. A 300k discrepancy. Most likely explanation: most of the 300k accounts switched to subscriber status to get the Makeb discount. 

Closing comments:

1. Hard to know exactly how EA calculated the 25% drop in subs since f2p but only losing 25% is good.

2. Only getting 1.7M (or 2M) new accounts is poor. The game sold 2.4M "full price" copies. SoE announced over 10M for Clone Wars for example and when you get on to the really big games they are at 20M, 50M, 75M. And social gaming numbers can be even bigger.

Your compairing Facebook games to swtor? Really?
  • WhitestepWhitestep Member UncommonPosts: 61

Believe me its playable on preffered status with the unlocks which by the way you can buy by credits.

But i suppose Haters gonna hate.

I sort of remember Makeb mentioned 2011 and prior.  In other words, when I first heard about the annoucement in 2012, it wasn't a surprise.

I think you are on to something there, but I couldn't find a working link to discuss Makeb, 2011 or prior 2011.  This doesn't mean Makeb didn't exist in beta.  There is some snipplets on Google cache, but the posts were either deleted or are from a now defunct SWTOR support site.  Specically I was targeting blogs made around 2011 to include the keyword "Makeb", yes in quotes, otherwise Google uses bad AI to allow for a "make" typo fix.

You may be onto something, but I guess it's back to you to find the linkage.  Get creative in your search parameters.

Makeb as used in reference to SWTOR was known about prior to 2012 (when it was announced), but it would be extremely hard to find, especially when support sites come and go, and, even more so, when EA purged their forums prior to the 2011 pre-mature launch :P

Plus EA probably paid struggling sites off to remove posts, or forced them to do so on legal IP unreleased grounds.

Essentially, back on you .. but we have faith in you :)  SWTOR support sites are evaporating left and right over the past 1.5 years, so info is scarce.

Originally posted by Whitestep

Believe me its playable on preffered status with the unlocks which by the way you can buy by credits.

Rice cakes are also edible.  Would you like another serving?  YUM!

The difference in you saying about STO not getting content created after launch is because it is BS, as there is proof:

Here is an article showing that Denise Crosby was working on a secret project for STO between Nov 2012 and Jan 2013, which was an exclusive 3rd year anniversary mission

Now do the same with SWTOR

Nope talks about her doing vo for content already made before launch and adding some ship designs from some contest and stuff they had sitting on the shelf since launch. No dates there

I sort of remember Makeb mentioned 2011 and prior.  In other words, when I first heard about the annoucement in 2012, it wasn't a surprise.

I think you are on to something there, but I couldn't find a working link to discuss Makeb, 2011 or prior 2011.  This doesn't mean Makeb didn't exist in beta.  There is some snipplets on Google cache, but the posts were either deleted or are from a now defunct SWTOR support site.  Specically I was targeting blogs made around 2011 to include the keyword "Makeb", yes in quotes, otherwise Google uses bad AI to allow for a "make" typo fix.

You may be onto something, but I guess it's back to you to find the linkage.  Get creative in your search parameters.

Makeb as used in reference to SWTOR was known about prior to 2012 (when it was announced), but it would be extremely hard to find, especially when support sites come and go, and, even more so, when EA purged their forums prior to the 2011 pre-mature launch :P

Plus EA probably paid struggling sites off to remove posts, or forced them to do so on legal IP unreleased grounds.

Essentially, back on you .. but we have faith in you :)  SWTOR support sites are evaporating left and right over the past 1.5 years, so info is scarce.

Haha too funny! Not only have you two wasted two years of your life bashing a video game you don't play now your looking into the archives of Google to find something to bash! Oh the joy of watching two people waste their life away on a video game they don't play. Hey just give google a call maybe they can look up your super secret articles .
  • OdenBladeOdenBlade Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by catlana
    Originally posted by OdenBlade
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Originally posted by OdenBlade
    Star Wars: The Old Republic should have been Kickstarter project instead.

EA doing a kickstarter, you have to be kidding me?

Well that was before Bioware sold their soul to EA. we have to hope that gaming industry can see the benefits whit kickstarter

As Chris Roberts has done whit Star Citizen that is a living proof  how successfully it can be.

Actually, he raised most of his money from his own site. Second, even Chris aknowledges there are differences in scale between his 20 million revenue and games like GTA V (1.2 billion in less than 2 weeks), COD (1.8 billion annually),Diablo 3 (700 million in 6 months pc only), the list goes on and on. Actually, Diablo 3 by itself was more than every single successful kickstarter game combined.

In regards to population of SWToR, patches always bring up population especially this one with unlimited Warzones for pvpers, operations for raiders, and a new quest hub for casuals. PVP queues are really hopping even on the Harbringer (pve server).

You're missing the whole point here.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

f2p increased population for a short time until everyone discovered the awful model BW uses. Lately, all servers are low population at about any time of the day. Swtor loyalists still subscribe to it and at this point i would say that the F2P population is already smaller than the subscribers remaining in the game. Of course thats my assumption and i can be completely wrong there. But yes, right now the population is fading once again because of the model and the way they put content in the game, 99% cash shop, 1% in game content.

Originally posted by Ktanner3

Haha too funny! Not only have you two wasted two years of your life bashing a video game you don't play now your looking into the archives of Google to find something to bash! Oh the joy of watching two people waste their life away on a video game they don't play. Hey just give google a call maybe they can look up your super secret articles .

No, looking to Google to investigate previous claims from several years ago .. Please at least try to follow before you start to bully!

I would like SWTOR to be a better game.  You lump all my efforts into "hating", or a game I "don't play".  I guess that claim of my 2 years trying to make SWTOR a more friendly and accepting place is another EA rounding for "convenicence" (when really it was a little over a year)?

Originally posted by Ktanner3 Originally posted by superniceguy

No, looking to Google to investigate previous claims from several years ago .. Please at least try to follow before you start to bully!

I would like SWTOR to be a better game.  You lump all my efforts into "hating", or a game I "don't play".  I guess that claim of my 2 years trying to make SWTOR a more friendly and accepting place is another EA rounding for "convenicence" (when really it was a little over a year)?

Come even you have to admit his claim is ridiculous. I know they were working not done with makeb at release but to say like swg does everything they have released has been collecting dust since launch is a joke.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I think I'm going to give this game another shot.

I've been playing for a few months at launch but there was just not enough people to have a decent MMO experience. Is it hard to get groups for...euh...what were they called again...flashpoints?

My characters are all around 30's

• BlizzardShillBlizzardShill Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by jazz.be

I think I'm going to give this game another shot.

I've been playing for a few months at launch but there was just not enough people to have a decent MMO experience. Is it hard to get groups for...euh...what were they called again...flashpoints?

My characters are all around 30's

Depends on your server, but on Ebon Hawk (most populated East timezone RP server), the 30-54 PvP queue pops within 5 minutes for me and mid-level flashpoints pop within 5 minutes for healer/tank (probably longer for DPS).