Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Technology Upgrade Coming

2»

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by rpm1986
    So merging servers due to low population is considered a technology upgrade now?

Yup. You can credit this new innovation to SWTOR I think. They found a way to spin a dying game and convince a few people it's not dying.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I bet you're all conspiracy theorists too. It wasn't a statement to cover their buts later, a money saver maybe, but not and excuse for dying population... 
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

why are they wasteing time on this crap where are the innumerable class choices they promised and paragon paths> more like path

ffs we havent even seen rangers come out yet

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Funny to read that many conspiracies :)

Right from the start - when people asked why are there 3 servers to choose from when Cryptic uses single server tech in their games - they stated that the 3 shards are only for the launch, and after a few months they will implement the single server into Neverwinter as well.

Simply they just stick to the plan. I hope it won't be too laggy, Mindflayer can be pretty crowded sometimes, with several zones even at low levels... but it will help the queues, that's for sure.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Would play if they enable mouse for avatars movement. This and 3rd person view are for me top 2 conditions to even bother to try.
  • Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

Hopefully this game will die so someone competent can make a Forgotten Realms MMO. Though if it were possible to create one without killing this game, I'd prefer that option. No reason to needlessly deprive people of a game they (despite the lackluster gameplay, shoddy engine, overpriced cash shop, rampant unpunished exploitation, and completely screwed economy) enjoy playing.

Sadly, I doubt anyone could or would be able to pump out a D&D game so long as this one exists, so...

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    The cash shop killed that game for me. I really enjoyed it. Played to max level and then some. 
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by rpm1986
    So merging servers due to low population is considered a technology upgrade now?

Actually they have always stated that there will be a single shard, all the way back since closed beta if not prior to that.  Multiple shards was to be less demanding on the servers and a merge was always in the works/plans, just not eta until now.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Don't care about the update, I mean I tried Never Winter, and for starters the game was hacked by many even some players from the clan Fever I was part of admit to hacking the game exploiting astro something and duplicating items they never reset the servers, and as a result I uninstalled the game they should have wiped all data during beta when it was exploited but did not. Another problem I have with the game is that it uses the same cheap engine/models that StarTrek Online does don't get me wrong I love DND, but I do not like Turbine or PWI Games they can't develop anything worth playing.
  • CypeqCypeq Member Posts: 66
    Not sure if merging server because lack of players or actually improving something
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Well, the merge happened this morning (local time I mean, downtime finished about 3 hours ago), so far it seems very smooth. The number of zones increased due to the population boost, but there are no lag issues - so far of course, since it's not a peak gaming time.

The number of spammers went through the roof though as 3 server's bots and sellers are funneled into one, same goes to the guild recruit spammers...

According to the character screen, servers were merged into Dragon. I was on Mindflayer which was a nice, cozy and calm server, the whirlwind of different languages after the merge was huge, even compared to AoC's merged Crom... - so players with an "english-only" mindset better prepare themselves for a babelic chat panel :)