Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crash's and more crash's

HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
Ok i give up. I will never understand why this game was released like this. It seems half the playerbase can't either login or play for 5 minutes without crashing to desktop. Like people's views of the game aren't bad enough.

Comments

• lp7plp7p Member Posts: 6
    I agree with you  Harikan. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Yeah its really to bad. This game could be really fun. So many different Dragons to be had for pets that will fight with you.
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

client keeps crashing when I try to get on the game, sup with that?

Peace

Lascer

Originally posted by david361107

client keeps crashing when I try to get on the game, sup with that?

Peace

Lascer

Its a so called known issue that the games has since beta and they released it anyways.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Sounds like they are setting up to add a new Stable Client Potion you can buy in 1, 7 or 30 day increments. Use the potion, crashes go away... until the potion runs out.

Yes, I'm kidding. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827
    I have tried this game on two different computers for about 5 days now. About two hours each day. On one of them I had one crash during character creation. I have had no other crashes yet.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    decided to check this out since its free.  downloaded, launched game crashed instantly. launched game again 30 seconds later crashed. launched game again made it to the part you pick server i doubled clicked server game crashed.  should i even try again or just uninstall?
  • Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330

Hmm, ive only had a single crash that was random while i was flying, guess im lucky. The game itself feels mediocre anyways...while you can tame dragons there's not many different kinds atm, many are just reskins and very very few retextures. its generic quest hub to quest hub questing, slight lack of population, and bland artwork are not worth the trouble you guys are going through, wait for a stable client to be released, maybe in a couple months it will run fine.

Edit: i think its worth noting that i used steam to install the game, maybe you guys aren't using the steam client and instead the default launcher from their site?

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Sad to say I bought one of the expensive accounts back when this was first announced and have regretted it ever since.

Honestly should have known not to invest time or money in anything SOE hosts that they didnt actually create.

Every project they have ever bought has turned out badly.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

just wanted to say i finally got it to work, tried 2 more times before it worked.  made it in game made my character was stuck in some story thing right away. after killing some zombie things i was teleported to the first " quest hub " saw a bunch of people with little green things above their head and uninstalled.

This is why i dont buy MMOs anymore, when i log in and the first thing i see is little shiny things above NPCs wanting me to go fetch something or kill 10 something or go talk to so and so its uninstall time. been there done that a million times, im over it.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    if you keep having trouble crashing ... you should stop driving drunk on your dragon.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    hate to say this but the game is bad..good idea on paper..bad execution.......it was released way to early..to many glitches to many things that needed to be ironed out...or re-done...way to soon out of beta.....they need to pull it and go over it tooth and comb to redo alot of it...it can be really good..but right now its really bad..!
  • CoriolanusCoriolanus Member Posts: 9

It is so full of bugs I cannot even see my hotbars -- the edges peep up above the bottom of the screen and no way to move the damn thing.

I had trouble even getting the game to run. I had to manually edit the config file and set windowed mode to 1 to even get past the character creation screen.

This is is hardly what I would call FINAL - seems more like BETA than a final produc.t Do they ever plan to fix it? It is a good thing it is free as it sure is not worth paying for.

It really was released way to soon. And to make it worse you have SOE involved . Tried to play on the EU servers and it worked for awhile but started getting loads of lag. Great idea for a mmo but if its still around in 6 months maybe it will get better.
  • HestkukHestkuk Member Posts: 1

In regards to Dragons Prophet and Crashing. I too had this issue, and I believe I have solved it, at least for me.

I use chrome & firefox a lot, and I opened task manager and killed all running chrome & firefox processes, as it appears some of the widgets & plugins continue to run even if I do not have a browser window open. I also killed the java auto updater process. I then proceeded to play about 5 hours straight with zero crashes. Also, I ran a file check of the game files via the setup menu  in the Dragons Prophet Launcher. Prior to this I would randomly crash at any given time, anything from the character selection screen up to mid-game, 30 minutes in.

I tried updating video drivers, and that did not fix the crashes for me.

Quick rundown of my system specs: Win-7 64-bit, 32 gigs RAM, Radeon 6870, and a bunch of  SSD's. All windows updates applied as of the date of this post and running active anti-virus.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case it can help anyone else, as this game is pretty fun and has some rather interesting features. I'm only level 12, but so far the capturing, training & cross-training of dragons, in addition to being able to send your dragons out to collect crafting resources for you, have proven to be pretty fun. I also like the combat system, pretty action oriented, although I do have a habit of aggroing everything around me with spin attacks.

Anyway, hope this proves helpful if your one of the many people having crashing issues.

• komarrkomarr Member UncommonPosts: 214
    The crash issues appear to be server side (at least for me) as when I crash and relog i am in the exact same spot i was in when I crashed. Even crashing mid-fight the mobs never kill me, as in games where I D/C and log in to a corpse.

The Moving Finger writes, and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

~Omar Khayyam