Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow down the end game sucks

13»

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by mithrillion
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

name 1 mmo that releases with end game totally fleshed out or with massive amounts of awesome endgame content that will satisfy the "rush to the end" crowd

I'll wait.

I agree, slow down enjoy the journey, the endgame will still be there and be better and more abundant if you do.

Option 1: EVE, obviously.

Option 2: Any old school Korean MMOs with 400+ levels, because you don't reach endgame.

It's not endemic to Korean MMO's, many old school MMO's had long progression paths which I really want to see again.  Hopefully TESO fulfills that niche for me.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    The "problem" is that people are choosing to level way too fast and SE lets them.

Ftfy.

I'm sure everything would be much better if SE forced everyone to take ages to get anywhere. Nothing to bitch about. Endless parties at Costa del Sol for everyone.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Nicephorus
    Originally posted by Zalmon
    Originally posted by Shatter30
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

MMO veteran here.

FFXIV's endgame right now is above par, but hardly entertaining. I can't think of a single MMO that had a good endgame at launch, and FFXIV continues that sad heritage. It has a couple great experiences dipped in some god awful ones such as running CM 52 times with it having no drops, just currency, and a lack of anything to do besides dungeons. I mean, come on, give me a reason to explore the world or something.

And its sad that as a veteran(like me) you still havent realized that the best part of most MMO's is getting to end game, not end game itself.  In case you havent noticed, the people who raced to end game are the complainers, the ones who love it are the ones taking their time.

People who focus only one class don't even need to 'race'. Play game casually and you will be 50 in couple of weeks..granted you are focused and not leveling multiple classes. Stop telling people they rushed...not everyone fate grinded on their very first class. 

Sorry, but if you hit 50 in a couple of weeks, you rushed. It may not be your idea of RUSHED, but even a month after release, the vast majority of the player base is not at level cap yet. Its really pretty sad that such a small minority thinks the game is supposed to cater to them.

I played 2 to 3 hours a day. Started from early access. Only played Lancer, did all the dungeons, story quests, class quests, guildhests, side quests, hunting logs mixed it up with FATES and leves whenever i had content gaps and i was lvl 50 in 15 days.

There is plenty of XP to level your first class. Keep telling people who focused only on one class that they rushed. It won't make it true though. If leveling is fast it is not players fault that they are hitting 50 in couple of weeks.

Not everyone is into leveling multiple classes simultaneously, some like me only focus on one class at a time.

• TreespiderTreespider Member Posts: 28

I see how they got it set up, it is a ok balance for now since. It  allows new players to the genre and there FF fans to enjoy the game. It allow the japanese that do not got much exp in mmos to keep up to us also. Plus the game runs great not much bugs, just there customer service and servers lag sucks. 

Also another point , Since it easy sauce for some. They will not need to go back and waste time and money trying to nerf stuff in a year to get more players caught up to were the majority at.

The way they got it set up right now for endgame is like a journey can solo for awhile and get PuG groups, But in time at level 50 you are going to need to be in a Free company and by then hopefully you learn the game and been in enough PuG dungeons or shouts and ran in to some cool friends doing the relic weapon quests. For when the next stages of endgame starts. Like Coil of behemoth. 

Now as a person who spent yrs on ffxi , I think they can and will be adding some of there many true endgames elements and cause a lot of drama to free companies. Were the FC going to need point systems and what not just so your best players get the gear first. And even then will take about six months or more to get what they need or you need. 

Remember these are the same people that had boss fight that use to take 12 hrs to 36hrs just to take out a boss. With about 75 people dropping in and out of the alliainces all night. Who knows if there going bring that back. 

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Grailer

If you just got the game and are trying to get end game asap trust me , you aren't missing out on anything at end game .

My first character I farmed FATES all day long and basically got to 50 in a week . Then I farmed the same 8 man dungeon about 37 times which took a few days to get enough seals to get my darklight armor .  I then proceeded to farm hardmode primal to get my weapon which didn't take too long since I was only warrior that could roll on the weapon.

There is 1 end game raid dungeon but I never got to that because guild is taking their time which is good .

Also if you are healer or a tank you can gear up super fast compared to dps .  You can pretty much run dungeons and do primals  all day long non stop .

So basically the best part of the game is levelling from about 15- 50   .  If you didn't do a single fate you would actually have a lot more content .

Healer/Tank gearing up faster then anyone is a given, since those two roles are less common then DPS in any MMO.  It just helps with this game is you can gear up for the other while you play.

After you level one job to level 50 you are not left with many quests to do without constant leve's or fates.  So I'm not seeing where you say you would have a lot more content.

With a level game you are left to farm and farm and farm which gets boring (unless you either make a new character or like to PvP).  You sped through to the end by doing fates so you fell into that trap of not pacing yourself to enjoy the game and found out what happens with most MMO's.  Lack of content at the end for players.  It happens, and with a new expansion those same people speed through to the new max level and complete the raids with-in a week and then demand more because of that reason.

Amazingly I'm finding Harvesting and some Crafting to be more fun then the other part.  Maybe it's just more to it then the previous MMO's I've played (just a little).

• LoopsLoops Member Posts: 100

Well excuse me for all to those who are complaining about the game, especially about its' non-existing end-game.

Have any of you played FFXI before the first expansion, oh wait, it's been years, what was it's name again? Rise of the Zilart, yes. May you compare the actual FFXIV with that state of FFXI? 

Was there any end-game, besides camping NMs for better loot and crap? no there was none. And then, slowly but steady FFXI became, or at least in my honest opinion, one of the best creations of MMOs as of yet, with an end game content that, again, in my opinion, up till today, can not beat any other MMO, content-wise. 

So, give it some time people... play other games until expansions are available. 2.1 is already a good start for it, altough not much added for end-game wise, but it is at least SOMETHING...

and overall, stop complaining, why bothering, like, seriously...

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Loops

Well excuse me for all to those who are complaining about the game, especially about its' non-existing end-game.

Have any of you played FFXI before the first expansion, oh wait, it's been years, what was it's name again? Rise of the Zilart, yes. May you compare the actual FFXIV with that state of FFXI? 

Was there any end-game, besides camping NMs for better loot and crap? no there was none. And then, slowly but steady FFXI became, or at least in my honest opinion, one of the best creations of MMOs as of yet, with an end game content that, again, in my opinion, up till today, can not beat any other MMO, content-wise. 

So, give it some time people... play other games until expansions are available. 2.1 is already a good start for it, altough not much added for end-game wise, but it is at least SOMETHING...

So, buy it, play until max level and leave, until some expansions are available...Hmmm nice plan...Nty

• LoopsLoops Member Posts: 100
    well then come up with better ideas, perhaps, besides, let's be realistic, that is really all you can do for now.
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    well then come up with better ideas, perhaps, besides, let's be realistic, that is really all you can do for now.

then i prefer to keep my money in my pocket. sounds even better option to me :)

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Aroukos

So, buy it, play until max level and leave, until some expansions are available...Hmmm nice plan...Nty

Who has suggested to anyone that they purchase this game with the intent to hold on to it and not play until patches are released? Your reply is taking the above post out of context. This thread is discussing why some players (who already own the game) are bored.