Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Valve controller

RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
What do you think? Personally if it's responsive enough, I can actually see myself with one. I'm on the cautious side though, I have yet to see a touch screen as responsive as traditional controllers or keyboard and mouse.

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    So far Valve hasn't given me much reason to doubt them. They're consistently good at what they do. I have pretty high hopes for this.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Valve might have only delved into the PC realm so far, but they have shown countless times that they know exactly how to corner markets, and develop for the players. They have proven if you make a game how players want it to be made the money will follow. Plus look at Steam, they developed a digital platform that works almost flawlessly and has insane sales. I have no doubts that this controller will work wonders simply because Valve has never released anything that wasn't exactly what they wanted it to be. I'm really excited to be able to get my hands on one.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by Rusque
    So far Valve hasn't given me much reason to doubt them. They're consistently good at what they do. I have pretty high hopes for this.

What hardware has valve produced that has impressed you.

Right now I see no reason to care about this at all.  I don't understand the idea behind the steambox.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    They say you'll be able to play RTS games comfortably with it. That alone has me skeptical. Other than that, I guess we'll see. If it proves to be better than a standard 360 controller, then I'll use it.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

For mmorpgs the number of buttons/keys is the *cough* key apart from what the mouse does. They did not mention mmorpgs but the touchscreen might turn out to be the equivalent here?

I have to admit playing games on on iOS device I really like tactile control - it's not as accurate as a gamepad but it's closer to the action as it were.