Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for true PvP GAME, very specific.

LapukaLapuka Member Posts: 3

Hello, 

I'm looking for pvp game it could be mmorpg, fps or any other type.

What I expect:

1. PvP (could be factions, free for all, flag system etc, if I can gank I'm ok)

2. Open world > sandbox, but everything is acceptable  if game fit into 1st and 3th cases.

3. Dynamic combat system - for example (Aion, Raiderz..) , fast and dynamic 30k hp while you hit 1-2k each hit is not for me, I want to see 1hit kills or at least combat  shouldn't last longer than 1min against strong opponent and 10s against weakling.

4. Top/Reward system, there should be some ranking system and pvp gear or at least some king of reward for killing (not that important but would be nice)

5. Community - huge player base worst thing what can happen  is deserted pvp server.

So basically this is it.

I played Aion (4 years), Lineage2 (5 years), Raiderz (2 months) I love those games,

Tera - too slow, too much farm, too messed up pvp system 

GW2 - tried for few days when it was free didn't liked maybe with more effort but it's not free so no

RIFT, SWTOR, Neverwinter, etc -- All those games are cheap with wooden combat system fight feels like you cut the tree with summo costume...

LoL, Smite, Dota2 - farm 20min to pvp 5min , repeat. If there is any moba with perment items like normal mmo I would like to try.

Firefall - no solo pvp ? buuuuuuuu!!!

about fps I don't know it would be last hope to find something .. fantasy mmorpg still 1st for me :)

I don't want to be pushed into old game, so I'm looking for beta or recently released F2P games if you know any that would fit at least at some point into my description post it, thank you :)

Comments

• OldTimeGamerOldTimeGamer Member Posts: 87

One game you might want to consider is Salem.

However the PvP does involves permanent death, it is focus seems to be on building settlements and I believe point 4 won't be satisfied for you by the game.

• RashmeindRashmeind Member Posts: 18

I have a similar gaming history and would like a game like that as well.  I love the feeling of progression up a PvP ladder like in Aion when I got my 3rd piece of e40 PvP armor.  Everyone knew I meant business and I knew I could pretty much match anyone out there blow for blow with my temp.

I'm curious to see if something exists!

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

Check out Wurm Online... Now you might feel like its a slow start, and actually it is, but playing the game and hard work pays off... so yes veteran players have the toons that will 1 or 2 shot kill you... and you will leave all your inventory to them.

Chaos is the true pvp server, but they have Epic as well which is a x7 skill bonus and there is also a curve set in which allows you to improve higher then your skill.

If you happen to check it out feel free to contact me here or in game. Our group can show you the ropes.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Well for quick and furious PVP I was going to say SMITE, but you said you already tried it.  Does that include Assault and/or Arena modes?  Those modes do away with the 3 lanes and let you focus on the PVP part.  Those are the only modes I play becuase I can't stand typical moba lane style gameplay.  Other than that I think the best pvp game hands down is Planetside 2.  Anything else is just tab targeting, poorly implemented "paper, rock, scissors", or watching cooldowns on a hotbar or combination of those.  Yeh Smite has cooldowns on a hotbar as you already know, but at least the combat is fast and fun in that game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Based on your criteria you should try both Planetside 2 and Darkfall Unholy Wars. They arent for everyone, but they meet a lot of the criteria you specify.
  • BaiameBaiame Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Darkfall....right up until you said huge population:)  I would still try DF or Mortal Online (if you can stand the bugs).  
  • LapukaLapuka Member Posts: 3

I played planet side 2 for a while, yes it is great game little bit repetitive but still best fps so far for me, wurm online sorry but I won't even try it, it is some student project for 1st semester or what ?

unholy wars well I heard a lot bad stuff about that game visually it looks like 2004-2005 game If I wont find anything I will give a try for it :)

For now I give my hopes on EverQuest next, Bless maybe TES online/Wildstar if they'll have private servers o maybe even buy/subscribe the game , but well ... for now I have nothing to play :(

What do you think about c9 guys ?  

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

C9 has some nice action combat. I'd say it's better than TERA combat wise, but it's very stiff and unpolished. I've heard the PvP side is very P2W.

I can't think of a real MMO that would fit your criteria, so how about less massive games? Dark Souls and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare have great action combat. Dark Souls has some problems with hackers, exploiters and using GFWL, but Dark Souls 2 is coming soon enough and should fix many of those issues.

To be honest, I've yet to see an MMORPG with good action combat. Some praise TERA, but it's too slow and easy compared to non-MMO action games IMO.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

EverQuest Next hasn't confirmed any plans for PvP yet, so it's too early to say anything about that yet.

In general, the more open the PvP in a game is, the less it tends to have players.

• LapukaLapuka Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by tom_gore

EverQuest Next hasn't confirmed any plans for PvP yet, so it's too early to say anything about that yet.

In general, the more open the PvP in a game is, the less it tends to have players.

I would disagree with you, planetside 2, aion, guidwars 1/2, lineage2 .. etc etc majority of most popular games have deep implemented pvp systems, well what do I expect ? Find unknown mmorpg with perfect pvp and huge players base ? I'm silly :( I will download lol and gank people from bushes and wait until some epic game will come out :), Anyway thanks guys for suggestions :) 

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    I'm also looking for this type of game.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Give Vendetta Online a try.

Here's a feature I wrote about it on this website.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• KalendosKalendos Member CommonPosts: 7
    Forge PvP, give it a try ;)
  • PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

I don't play it anymore, but Knight Online has unmatched PvP.

Beware.... if you play it. You will become addicted and probably spend a lot of money buying items and characters.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

maby try Age of Wulin

open world pvp, the combat is very fun,

abit of a unique system tho, i think its fun but it can be hard to learn

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• CyRoxxCyRoxx Member Posts: 5

http://www.myth-of-soma.com

for the very hardcore pvpers there is open world player killin, but with consequences. 

For others you have guild wars, race wars, every couple of days. 

best pvp system around if u ask me

myth of soma is a very good game, but back in the day, i personaly think its too old.. its gotta be a good 12years old now, tho back in the day it was the best

Currently Playing:

• CyRoxxCyRoxx Member Posts: 5
    Yeah old game and graphics slightly dated but by no means bad. Games these days tho are so far odd par when it comes to pvp and gameplay.

MoS above link is a new server (1 month old) very healthy user count. The server has been in development and bug testing for over 2 years. Worth a go to anyone who knows the game ^^
  • MichaelAlexanderMichaelAlexander Member UncommonPosts: 17

Dragons prophet pvp is becoming an underdog story i enjoy pvp the more i play

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Planetside 2?
  • _rch_rch Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Not an Mmorpg but i find it greate fun and it's a good pvp fix for me : http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/
  • Daniela123Daniela123 Member Posts: 8
    Try  Rosh Online NA Server it is pvp/pk game.
    been some talk around about Dragons Prophet pvp being pritty cool, not tried it myself, but i am currently downloading it lol

Currently Playing:

• DarrendilDarrendil Member UncommonPosts: 12
    As a guy already stated, Knight Online had the best freaking incredible PvP any game has ever had. I've never found a game with that kind of PvP, all other games fail in comparison and none seems to feel the void left by KO. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Age of Wushu. Watch some videos. Check out massively.com articles. Hell it makes you check a box that says "You are entering a pvp world are you ready?" before you log in. Best thing going until the next thing.

/thread

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"