Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

well, that game is doing well

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

So, when FE was new, four years ago, I started that Lets Play series about the game. After a while I stopped for a longer time, and recently continued. I fought my way through the tunnels of a remote bunker, hundreds of metres beneath the ground, at a remove region of the huge open game world. Dozens of mutants, thanks to the fast respawn rate, between me and the entrance. And then I heard shots. Other players in this area? What for a coincidence! And then I saw more players. And then I met players again and again. And I was susprised about that, because it's not some sort of dungeon you just jump into, but because you actually have to get into this remote region and fight your way into that dungeon.

And today, out of curiosity, I created a level 1 character. When the game started, there were like 8 starting zones, they shrank them down to three (one for crafters, one for supports, and one for the rest or something). I think you can still play in the others, you just have to walk/ride/drive there.

And the moment I entered the crafter starting zone, standing with my character in that tiny bunker, I saw other players around me. And the minimap looked like a buzzing ant hill, with player icons moving here and there. The auction,  help and global chats scrolling by due to their activity.

And it's nice, that an indie niche game is still that alive after four years. I'm glad about that. I guess it simply found it's niche: people who love crafting, open worlds and realitic graphics. And the F2P system seems fair as well.

For a while I feared that FE would die a slow death, as many MMORPGs do, but now it seems to be quite the opposite.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

I too was surprised at how busy the game was last I logged in a couple days ago.   I was joking about different games, a handful of people all replied "Try Fallen Earth" having bought and played it at release, it's funny I didn't really even consider in all this time how it was holding out.  

Quite happy the game has endured so far! 

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• TaoravenTaoraven Member Posts: 2

I just started playing this game again myself. I am really impressed with the population, and the game seems to be doing really well. 

I happily re-subbed (I hate f2p limitations) and am looking forward to playing for the forseeable future.

Now, if only they would implement hair stylists, and more clothing options for females ;)

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I haven't played for about a year, but Fallen Earth is a good game.