Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome Dragons? Character Customization?

Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

I was just wondering about two things, since there is very little information to go on.....

How awesome are these dragons? I bet they're just pansy little pets, nothing actually cool...When I think dragons I think ten story behemoths of destruction and wickedness....Not little whelps and things my cat could take on, that are disproportionately powerful. 

Also seeing as there is only one race in this game, human and it's various flavors of boring...is there atleast considerable character customization to make your bland a bit spicier? 

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

Comments

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

"Dragon's" come in a pretty wide variety, they're more like jumbo pokemon, as some of them are like dragon-kin and have little to do with what comes to mind when you hear 'dragon'. Others are pretty much just big scaly fire breathing dragons like you'd think.

Humans come in many forms of ugly, and you have the freedom to tweak the manner in which they are ugly. The base models are unavoidably awkward though.

Just mah opinion.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Boring and Ugly! The whole package, what more can a man ask for? 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

The dragons are big and varied. They get bigger when your ride them as opposed to fighting with them, but some are still massive in combat.

The customisation is fairly standard MMO fare. Not bad, not great. There is lots of appearances for armour though, they did well in that regard.

Dragon scale example:

http://dragons-prophet.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Flame?file=DragonsProphet_20130621_214319.jpg

For character customisation just log in and check for yourself, its F2P.

Originally posted by evilastro

The dragons are big and varied. They get bigger when your ride them as opposed to fighting with them, but some are still massive in combat.

The customisation is fairly standard MMO fare. Not bad, not great. There is lots of appearances for armour though, they did well in that regard.

Dragon scale example:

http://dragons-prophet.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Flame?file=DragonsProphet_20130621_214319.jpg

For character customisation just log in and check for yourself, its F2P.

I wish it was that simple, as a Canadian though I have bandwidth caps and it costs money for me to download the client. So I wanted to make a fair judgement before I logged in....Since the client itself, if it is anything like Tera (34 of my 50 allowed monthly GB) will likely cost me at least 50 dollars :/

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

As of right now I would say hold off on downloading.  The game itself is not bad.  Same old basic go here kill that stuff.  But they are currently having major crashing issues.  They had to delay the launch of the game because of this.   They are a decent company and will continue to improve the game over time.  I would say look at their forums and see what others have said. 

As far as the dragon question.  The dragons vary a good bit.  The lower level ones are pretty boring but the higher levels have better graphics.  They do lose their size when you capture them as someone has already stated.  There are different types such as flying, ground mount, and water.

Character creation is not horrible but nothing special.  You can do standard things like hair etc...

It is a good game for killing 30 mins here and there right now.  Hopefully they can get there issues worked out. 

The game is looking like it is not running to great on Nvidia systems right now.  Saw a post that they are talking with Nvidia about the issue now.

Hope that helps.

• mammalammmammalamm Member Posts: 2

there are extra skillpoints for dragons. you could ignore your own stats and just skilling the dragon releated stuff. you could be a beastmaster.

the dragons have also a own trainingrange, they can collect various crafting releated items for the owner, they have their own gear (armors), every dragon has their own unique spells. there are 3 main types: flying, ground (glider), water. some are tanks, some are spellcasters, some are into dd-meele. 

for the character customization: there are many various options. there are also templates. the best thing is:  you won't be disconnected after 10 minutes. just because you need more than 10 minutes for creating your unique look... 

+1 for item variety. you find a lot of different looking stuff in the world. its not all about crafting or quest items. this makes exploring fun.  

the game is somewhat boob-heavy. maybe the taiwenese devs watching too much japanese ecchi stuff. well. this means you shouldn't be shocked when you see characters wearing only a brief-sized pant. 

Originally posted by mammalamm

there are extra skillpoints for dragons. you could ignore your own stats and just skilling the dragon releated stuff. you could be a beastmaster.

the dragons have also a own trainingrange, they can collect various crafting releated items for the owner, they have their own gear (armors), every dragon has their own unique spells. there are 3 main types: flying, ground (glider), water. some are tanks, some are spellcasters, some are into dd-meele. 

for the character customization: there are many various options. there are also templates. the best thing is:  you won't be disconnected after 10 minutes. just because you need more than 10 minutes for creating your unique look... 

the game is somewhat boob-heavy. maybe the taiwenese devs watching too much japanese ecchi stuff. well. this means you shouldn't be shocked when you see characters wearing only a brief-sized pant. 

If only we had equal treatment, a bulge slider for the male character's loins and gut jigglephysics..... I mean if I have to look at breasts the size of beach balls they should have...I mean get to look at my exaggerated man bits and beer gut! 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

• mammalammmammalamm Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Electro057

If only we had equal treatment, a bulge slider for the male character's loins and gut jigglephysics..... I mean if I have to look at breasts the size of beach balls they should have...I mean get to look at my exaggerated man bits and beer gut! 

this is me. 

this is me. 

Oh! That isn't so bad actually, I mean it's a bit obscene and less protective than one would want in reality but it's no tittywanking highheel stupidity like SOME games. Ugh, that is so....Does anyone else get frustrated with the high heel combat and traversing incredibly difficult terrain and mountainsides? It's just....ARGGGHH!

But this looks nice, I approve highly of this. 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case