Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQnext homosexual community

will there be a community for the homosexual community  too meet up role play.. all other mmos have not had this and if this and too be a next gen mmo i think this needs implementation.

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    i would imagine that would be up to the LGBTQ community to create for themselves. as to whether they will be welcome or not, i can't see SoE being opposed to such a thing.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

ive seen all sorts of specialized guilds in many mmos

be it religion or sexuality -- guilds go a long way to foster community

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

You say they arent any gay communities in other MMOs. Thats a strange statement, since they probably do exist as a guild.

Not sure what else you are asking for more than what other MMOs have using social tools to allow people group up.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Umm what exactly do you need SOE to do for you?  Just make a guild and roleplay.  Use your imagination.  I highly doubt they will add items like rainbow t-shirts for you ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by techninez
    will there be a community for the homosexual community  too meet up role play.. all other mmos have not had this and if this and too be a next gen mmo i think this needs implementation.

Dude, it's a video game.  Play it and have fun.

It is not their job as a game developer to decide the community that takes part in their game.

• ZorlofeZorlofe Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Dude, it's a video game.  Play it and have fun.

It is not their job as a game developer to decide the community that takes part in their game.

This...

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

If you are asking them to make content specifically for homosexuals, then no, they arent going to do that.  You are, however, free to associate with other LGBT individuals in guilds or as friends and roleplay to your heart's content.

You will have to search though.  Roleplayers are a minority group in MMOs, traditionally, and I can only imagine LGBT focused ones are a minority of that.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Dont worry, there will be plenty of gay stuff in EQN just like in most modern MMOs.

Yeah.. Just look at some of the FF14 ARR outfits and armors for guys lol.  It's the reason I rolled a girl toon.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

mods should consider the possibility this is a troll, and lock/del

been in plenty of mmos with lgbt groups, they don't ask for 'implementation'.

• ArielyAriely Member Posts: 68

Im honestly against it, as a gay person myself i see no need for something this, it's a game, in games it doesn't matter if you're gay or male/female the point of games is that u have fun.

So i see no need to put/create a group for LBGT.

althought this is my view, u are however free to do as u please

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

So much for equality and making it as normal as possible....

As long as people like the OP exist, society will always see other people as different.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

If you're talking about guilds and such... uh, yeah dude. Every MMO has a few LGBT focused guilds in there, so it shouldn't be hard to find one in EQNext.

If you're asking about lore... I was playing during EQ2's Valentine's day event, and I was able to flirt with any NPC I wanted regardless of gender. So I highly doubt that homosexuality is a hot button issue in Norrath.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

And i thought mmo's ( or games basically ) where made to play and not discuss sexual prefference's, how fool of me!

/sarcasm

• MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84
    all other mmos have not had this

I've been playing MMOs since they've been around, and I helped create the first known GLBT guild in EQ1 (Nameless Love on The Nameless server).  I know many games have had GLBT guilds because I've participated in them.  I assume that every large game has their own GLBT community organized within it.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I was wondering if there will be a community for ex-smokers.  As an ex-smoker i would like to have a group of people i can roleplay that we all dont smoke anymore.  We would actually be a large chunk of the playerbase so i think they should cater me.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    I could see a preferred server for LGBT, similar to WoW's Proudmoore server..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

Probably.  People make LBGT guilds in every other game. 

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I'm not sure what you're wanting ? Do you want like..a LGBT server or something ? That would seem exclusionary..just saying. In every game I've played there are guilds and the like. It sounds more like you want something sanctioned by SOE though, not a player-made community.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Incomparable
    You say they arent any gay communities in other MMOs. Thats a strange statement, since they probably do exist as a guild.Not sure what else you are asking for more than what other MMOs have using social tools to allow people group up.  

At least one LGBTA guild can and probably does exist in every MMORPG that exists in the U.S. or Europe. There are likely LGBTA guilds that encompass several games too.

How would a developer even implement LBGTA tools? Does that even make sense?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I am all for equality but short of guild tools, I don't see what else could/should be done.

Really, sexual orientation, religion, or ideologies in the realworld should take a backseat in gaming accommodation from the dev side since its a video game and not a dating site. As long as the devs do not exlude any group that does not infringe on others it should be ok...I don't like when people bash on others way of life but the reverse is also true, I don't like it when other peoples way of life is given special attention over others.

So let there be some homosexual NPC relations, heterosexual NPC relations, Bi-sexual NPC relations, religious NPCs (Not real world religion but in game lore context ones), and all other forms of represenation of NPC or communities in game as long as it does not bring down the production value or seem like a cheesy plug.

• grifjgrifj Member Posts: 110

Oh good lord.

Where's my heterosexual community at?  Can we get one of those?

Oh wait.  No, we don't run around yelling that we're heterosexual, never mind.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Ariely

Im honestly against it, as a gay person myself i see no need for something this, it's a game, in games it doesn't matter if you're gay or male/female the point of games is that u have fun.

So i see no need to put/create a group for LBGT.

althought this is my view, u are however free to do as u please

Good points.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I don't see why there wouldn't.  I've seen at least one (usually multiple) guild advertising as LGBT or similar in every major MMO I've played.   Shouldn't be hard to find.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The purpose of this is questionable, so I am going to lock it since we're already getting the types of answers and comments that similar discussions in the past have been locked over.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.