Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something with Orcs!

Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

So what I'm looking for really isn't all that specific, I'm not being especially picky really....

I'm fine with any graphic style or aesthetic, they can shoot for realistic or hyperdeformed/heroic (which I prefer) as long as it's in high quality or fidelity, as in delivered with high resolution and proper bump mapping ect ect

The only specific I'm looking for is Orcs really.....Fantasy/Sci-fi it doesn't matter really...I just want to play an orc in the meantime whilst I wait for EQN: Landmark.

I guess the only other specific that would be nice is that it's a recent release, hence allowing for updated/current graphics. This doesn't mean it has to be ultra realistic, there's a difference between graphical aesthetic and deliverence....You can have a very stylized cartoon like game...but if it has high shadow quality, resolution, texture mapping ect ect it actually has good graphics.

Oh and a list of games I have played over the years....

Age of Wushu, Aion, Allods Online, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Atlantica Online, CABAL Online, Champions Online, Chaos Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Darkfall, Diablo 3, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Entropia Universe, EVE Online, EverQuest, EverQuest II, Final Fantasy XI, Flyff Gold, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Mortal Online, MU Online, Myst Online: URU Live, NeoSteam, Neverwinter, Perfect World International, Perpetuum, Phantasy Star Online 2, Phantasy Star Universe, RF Online, Rift, Second Life, Spiral Knights, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, TERA: Rising and World of Warcraft

If we really want to get picky I prefer Mouse Run, group oriented games, and PvE content over PvP.

Thanks for your time.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
NZXT Phantom 410 Case
Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

Comments

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42
    is like seeing myself on the screen xD we want new games xD 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I don't see LotRO on the list :) while PvMP is very marginal in there, it worths mentioning if you only need "Something with Orcs" until EQN...

It's not fully part of the game, more like a separate minigame. Besides the warg and the spider the other 4 classes are orcs (2 plain orc, 2 Uruk). You have a decent sized map with npc's, outposts, Keeps. There are numerous PvE missions (if you're lucky and there are decent folks online for that... sadly even LotRO couldn't avoid the "typical" pvp players), there's character development (skills, traits, appearances) with builds you can working, etc. It's pretty much like a pvp-heavy smaller rpg with orcs.

I almost never pvp in mmos, but I've spent a decent time in the 'Moors... At the beginning it was a great strategic game with flipping Keeps, doing Fror, questing... nice times. Later the "new" feeling wore off, and with it many people too, mostly left the pvp focused ones.

On my last time there at least 30 creeps pinned 2 freep at Glân Vraig, I kept saying let's go and take back the Keeps, with answers like "if you want pve get the F* out here it's a pvp map", "if they come out we'll kill them", and "storming a Keep is boring" (yep, but camping at GV for an hour is so much fun, right? :) ). And when those 2 left the Moors, and I said "so now we can finally go and flip those Keeps for a better position later?" nope, if no freeps here, then no pvp, so they logged out as well... Lol.

But even with the above, if you seek a short timed "Mouse Run, group oriented games, and PvE content over PvP." it's free, group oriented, and there's PvE as well. The siege of a Keep is awesome, when a huge group of monsters swarming into the courtyard... epic :)

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Hi, Lotro is a great game BUT if you roll a creep i.e. Roll an Orc and pvp with it, you will die so many times as a new creep you will probably get sick of it. I havent played mpvp for about a year though , so best check if the battleground is rank capped etc. I would like to recommend WoW just to pass the time away, and you did mention pve over pvp.
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

LOTRO is already quite dated graphically...And don't even get me started on WoW, which has stretched textures that look horrid and low resolution at best. Then the character models are terrible, in that they're boxy eyesores.....

TERA and it's Shark/Dragon race are pretty cool and I was thinking of giving that a shot but people warned me otherwise....Even though I made an awesome shark dude...

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Electro057

LOTRO is already quite dated graphically...

Actually it's pretty good with the last graphic update, on DX11...

I just checked back, here's a shot of my reaver in Grams (which you'll probably have if you choose to play, it's the only free orc class)

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1970/4nk6.jpg

I admit it starts to show its age, (6.5 years old game...), and there's no smoke or wind visible on a still pic - and it's dreary since orcs are no gardeners :) but it's not that bad.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301

LOTRO is already quite dated graphically...And don't even get me started on WoW, which has stretched textures that look horrid and low resolution at best. Then the character models are terrible, in that they're boxy eyesores.....

TERA and it's Shark/Dragon race are pretty cool and I was thinking of giving that a shot but people warned me otherwise....Even though I made an awesome shark dude...

You are speaking of the Amani.  They are not sharks lol.  They are dragon people.  You should give Tera a shot.  Its pretty standard mmo, except for the combat.  I wish more MMOs would take a look at Tera's combat system.  

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin

You are speaking of the Amani.  They are not sharks lol.  They are dragon people.  You should give Tera a shot.  Its pretty standard mmo, except for the combat.  I wish more MMOs would take a look at Tera's combat system.  

Dah, but I gave my Amani a shark face...making him like 600% cooler! But I think I'll do just that and give it a shot!

NZXT Phantom 410 Case