Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking back at Warhammer Online.

Hello, my name is Deadlyspeed i have been playing MMORPGs for about 12 years, I very much enjoyed Warhammer and would like to share my opinions and experiences.  

Lets start with my guild "Elysium",  I met these guys in Warhammer and they were more of a mature guild we cussed a lot (GTA V style) and pissed people off by the droves but no one cared we got stuff done!  We punished PVE content, destroyed hoards of players in RVR, and laughing our ass's while doing it all! This made the gaming  experience SO AWESOME!!!!  In the end we had our ups and downs but everyone kept  in touch for the most part.  I have never had a guild where everyone was so involved with each other playing as a group for fun while keeping it serious.  But in the end time broke everyone up after rift let us down in the pvp section and our guild lead Phane died of a heart attack, at that point things crumbled and now i guild hop around trying to find somthing to give me that feeling of enjoyment playing with a group of friends in a mmo.   But most guilds i play with these days are like  jobs, you log on, you get the raid invite, starting the raid till the time is over, and everyone logs off for the night in the end the guild will break up at the next content patch or  maybe your friend will get subed out because their class is sub par to another.  I still strugle to find a guild and a game that offers this kind of community, (Fingers crossed) FFXIV maybe my remedy but only time will tell.

Now looking at the game itself what made Warhammer so amazing  to me was the total package of PVPVE known as RVR.  RVR was great, we had warbands of players zerging around and small teams ready to snipe spawn points, in the background we had a group of people in que for warfronts trying to win a match to help push our server into the enemy city thus giving us rich spoils!  It was freaking epic!  Even though there was lag, a few bugs where the enemy would place flags so we could not push keeps and the herp derp pugs that would lose warfronts.  Warhammer still felt fresh, a new kind of MMO besides WoW or EQ. Also something to note was the gearing system.  To get decked out it took time, yes it was a very long grind but it was rewarding you felt badass. Every tier of armor was better giving you the advantage! Also with every set the visuals looked more grand and it matched your class very well.

I would like to state that beyond all the hate and bad tastes Warhammer put in others mouths. I still have a soft spot for the game and i would like to thank everyone who supported it.   I leave this post to the forums where it may lie in rest with the game together forever may they be ripped apart by trolls and my post be scrutinized by grammer/english police.

Thank you!

R.I.P Warhammer Online, Phane, and Elysium/Server Police.

Comments

• lilwinslilwins Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by loltacolol

Hello, my name is Deadlyspeed i have been playing MMORPGs for about 12 years, I very much enjoyed Warhammer and would like to share my opinions and experiences.  

Lets start with my guild "Elysium",  I met these guys in Warhammer and they were more of a mature guild we cussed a lot (GTA V style) and pissed people off by the droves but no one cared we got stuff done!  We punished PVE content, destroyed hoards of players in RVR, and laughing our ass's while doing it all! This made the gaming  experience SO AWESOME!!!!  In the end we had our ups and downs but everyone kept  in touch for the most part.  I have never had a guild where everyone was so involved with each other playing as a group for fun while keeping it serious.  But in the end time broke everyone up after rift let us down in the pvp section and our guild lead Phane died of a heart attack, at that point things crumbled and now i guild hop around trying to find somthing to give me that feeling of enjoyment playing with a group of friends in a mmo.   But most guilds i play with these days are like  jobs, you log on, you get the raid invite, starting the raid till the time is over, and everyone logs off for the night in the end the guild will break up at the next content patch or  maybe your friend will get subed out because their class is sub par to another.  I still strugle to find a guild and a game that offers this kind of community, (Fingers crossed) FFXIV maybe my remedy but only time will tell.

Now looking at the game itself what made Warhammer so amazing  to me was the total package of PVPVE known as RVR.  RVR was great, we had warbands of players zerging around and small teams ready to snipe spawn points, in the background we had a group of people in que for warfronts trying to win a match to help push our server into the enemy city thus giving us rich spoils!  It was freaking epic!  Even though there was lag, a few bugs where the enemy would place flags so we could not push keeps and the herp derp pugs that would lose warfronts.  Warhammer still felt fresh, a new kind of MMO besides WoW or EQ. Also something to note was the gearing system.  To get decked out it took time, yes it was a very long grind but it was rewarding you felt badass. Every tier of armor was better giving you the advantage! Also with every set the visuals looked more grand and it matched your class very well.

I would like to state that beyond all the hate and bad tastes Warhammer put in others mouths. I still have a soft spot for the game and i would like to thank everyone who supported it.   I leave this post to the forums where it may lie in rest with the game together forever may they be ripped apart by trolls and my post be scrutinized by grammer/english police.

Thank you!

WTF, Phane died of a heart attack? I was in Elysium at one point early in the game and that is really surprising. Blessful/Empathetic/Distorted were my character names and Chaos was their surname.

• loltacololloltacolol Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Yes he did die of a heart attack. :(
  • zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    i loved warhammer as well and really miss the fun i had in that game

• wsmarwsmar Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by loltacolol

Thank you!

Couldn't agree more! I was a member of Knights of Order, if you know who they were! That guild was extremely tight nit just like how you described Elysium. We started out on Praag and eventually moved to badlands after the server transfers. Elysium sounds familiar I think, do you remember Knights of Order.

KoO and fourhundred's(the BW) constantly teamed up during scenario's and RvR. We wrecked some major face. I can't remember the name of their guild anymore haha...

I was Zakgrin, and I played an Ironbreaker, that might ring some bells. 

• loltacololloltacolol Member UncommonPosts: 26

Elysium was on Azazel, we ended up moving around when server transfers appeared the guild name was changed at some point to The Usual Suspects.

As for badlands i think some of our members kept playing.  But me and a friend came back a few years ago to play War but we ended up rolling destro toons.

• Bandaid47Bandaid47 Member Posts: 38
    So is this the thread where everyone who trashed the game for years can talk about how awesome it was and how they will miss it ect (not saying anyone here did that, just seems this site can only say nice things about a game that hasn't launched yet or has died)
  • Univers0Univers0 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    What may be overlooked is that this was the game with no pressure, you could play as little or as much as you wanted to and still be able to enjoy it.  The challenge was there if you wanted it, simply by attacking and outplaying a warband with far lesser numbers.  Certainly a game that had its flaws, but they were not fatal, and I hope that developers do not get the idea that this type of game cannot succeed just because some ideas were not implemented properly.  If it was done right, this would be the perfect game in my view.