Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no less than 30 armor slots

rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

I want to see no less than 30 armor slots. As follows

armor slots: Helmet, neck, chest, torso, shoulders, arms, leggings,  glove left, glove right, boot left, boot right, sheild

Clothing: hood, shirt, pants, stockings, belt, cloak

Jewelry: Earing left, earing right, ring1, ring2, ring 3, ring 4, ring 5, ring 6, necklace

Other: magic tattoo, magic scar magic other (glass eye/spectacles/magic gold tooth, magic splinter etc)

no wasting time with 10 slots. 30 slots minimum.

Comments

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by rungard

armor slots: Helmet, neck, chest, torso, shoulders, arms, leggings,  glove left, glove right, boot left, boot right, sheild

Jewelry: Earing left, earing right, ring1, ring2, ring 3, ring 4, ring 5, ring 6, necklace

Other: magic tattoo, magic scar magic other (glass eye/spectacles/magic gold tooth, magic splinter etc)

Unfortunately it appears they're cloning GW2 and MOBA's as much as physically possible.

So we'll probably see:

Head

Sleeves

Chest

Gloves

Legs

Boots

Earrings

Rings

Sorry to disappoint you :(

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Personally I feel the OP is a poser as his glaring omission of slots for

Jewellery :brooches,cufflinks,bracelets,anklets,waist chains and non ear piercings

Clothing :underwear,spats,insoles,armbands,wristbands,leg bands,leg warmers,waistbands,hair bands and ribbons

Armor: cup(probably the most important armor of all!!!),mouth guard,elbow pads/guards,knee pads/guards and pocket protector

show he is not hardcore or even serious about this subject!!!!

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by BearKnight

Unfortunately it appears they're cloning GW2 and MOBA's as much as physically possible.

So we'll probably see:

Head

Sleeves

Chest

Gloves

Legs

Boots

Earrings

Rings

I assume the OP is being sarcastic and if so, i agree with the sarcasm.  Gear based games bore me.  10 slots is doable but I could go for even less.  Less slots with more options for visuals.  When chest includes sleeves, instead of making 3 chests and 3 sleeves, you can make 6 completely chest/sleeves combined that will in the end, look much better. I mean seriously tho, why do sleeves need to be separate...

• Yyrkoon_PoMYyrkoon_PoM Member Posts: 150
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah
    Originally posted by BearKnight

So we'll probably see:

Head

Sleeves

Chest

Gloves

Legs

Boots

Earrings

Rings

I assume the OP is being sarcastic and if so, i agree with the sarcasm.  Gear based games bore me.  10 slots is doable but I could go for even less.  Less slots with more options for visuals.  When chest includes sleeves, instead of making 3 chests and 3 sleeves, you can make 6 completely chest/sleeves combined that will in the end, look much better. I mean seriously tho, why do sleeves need to be separate...

If you thought about how plate armor is made, it would make sense to have the "sleeve" be separate. I mean depending on the style you are going for you could theoretically have 4 to 5 pieces of armor make up the "sleeve" (EX. starting at the shoulder working towards the hands you could have the following parts: Pauldron, Rerebrace, Cowter, Vambrace, Gauntlets). Granted that with chainmail the sleeves would be included in the Hauberk.  In most games they more or less go with the somewhere in the middle when planning the number of armor slots.

I agree that the OP was probably being sarcastic,  but I would love to see a game where the number of armor slots depended on what type of armor was being worn. Not all slots need to be stat bearing, but could be ornamental (Platemail wearers could have a Spiked Cowter (elbow guard) vs plain, or have faulds attached to the cuirass or  not). The more options you give the player the more unique they can make their avatar.  You could have 30 base slots but once you put on some armor other slots might cover up.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Actually the OP may not be far off. SOE did say armor would be customizable in parts ie the chest piece would be made of 3 or 4 parts. Will the individual parts have their own stats?
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

didn't soe already say something about the few number of slots there would be? 4 or 5 if I recall.

but that is 30 give or take 25.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    I'd actually like to see fewer slots than usual, with a wide horizontal choice of gear. Grinding 10+ slots worth of gear is just not fun, IMO.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    30 slots is so casual! Back in my day...

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Don't know if anyone else noticed but the OP only has 6 fingers

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332

I'd just go with 16 or 17 depending on what you're wielding. Pathfinderstyle(http://paizo.com/prd/magicItems.html)

Armor: suits of armor.

Belts: belts and girdles.

Body: robes and vestments.

Chest: mantles, shirts, and vests.

Eyes: eyes, glasses, and goggles.

Feet: boots, shoes, and slippers.

Hands: gauntlets and gloves.

Head: circlets, crowns, hats, helms, and masks.

Headband: headbands and phylacteries.

Neck: amulets, brooches, medallions, necklaces, periapts, and scarabs.

Ring (up to two): rings.

Shield: shields.

Shoulders: capes and cloaks.

Weapon (up to two): weapons, scepters and spellbooks etc

Wrist: bracelets and bracers.

Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • EeksEeks Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak

didn't soe already say something about the few number of slots there would be? 4 or 5 if I recall.

but that is 30 give or take 25.

I recall them saying 5 slots as well.  They talked about the components of each slot being very highly customizable.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I don't think this would be a good game to have a ton of different gear slots.

Then you're talking about switching between classes and having massive amounts of gear for each one.   It's a lot to keep track of even if you only have an ordinary amount of gear slots.   Having a huge amount of them would mean toting around hundreds of items later on.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Then you're talking about switching between classes and having massive amounts of gear for each one.   It's a lot to keep track of even if you only have an ordinary amount of gear slots.   Having a huge amount of them would mean toting around hundreds of items later on.

That's exactly why you need it. It wont be viable to be toting around massive quantities of gear so you will have to make choices.

if its only 5 items everyone will have 8 sets of gear.

• NadiliNadili Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

That's exactly why you need it. It wont be viable to be toting around massive quantities of gear so you will have to make choices.

if its only 5 items everyone will have 8 sets of gear.

They did mention that they would be multi slottable.  So a chest piece might have 4 slots for runes/enchants whatever they end up calling it which is where I think crafting will come in.  Plus as you said mutiple sets for each class.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Don't forget left shoulder and right shoulder. And left shoulder topping and right shoulder topping. As far as I know, no other game has shoulder topping slots (they just have the visuals), so thats next gen right there.

• dwarfkinglordsdwarfkinglords Member UncommonPosts: 75

with a game with no levels, this wouldn't be a bad idea..

and every piece be super customizable and upgradable with slots

• solarbear88solarbear88 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I heard 5 slots too. Did that include accessories?

Even if it is a limited number of slots there might be ways to greatly enhance each piece.