Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little help?

MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I've had TSW since launch. I've struggled this whole time attempting to find a build that would accommodate my solo playstyle.

I've tried many a build from some websites, but none have really 'click' with me.

Anyone got a 'fun' solo build?

Thanks!

Comments

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Have you noticed that in the "skill wheel" interface, there's a section for "decks" off to the left. There are some basic starter decks that help you work towards some functional (and often fun) builds. A deck - by definition - shows you what attributes to buy into.

Don't forget about your skills, too. Those will allow you to increase (inherently) your health and resistances, and allows you to equip higher levels of gear (your talismans).

Swords are a lot of fun for melee. I'm partial to assault rifles for the range. I haven't tried everything yet, but there's a lot of fun builds. The starter decks are easy to unlock - and once you unlock them, you have them. So you can swap and exchange to your hearts content.

Have fun.

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post. For some reason I thought you said you had just installed, but you've had it since launch. So I'm probably no help at all on my post. Well, I stand by my statement: swords is a lot of fun. So look for a deck that uses those and see if that is to your liking.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Thanks much for your reply. I've tried just about everything but swords. I shall try that now. =)
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Good luck and have fun. I normally prefer range DPS, but there's something about swords (at least with the Templar builds) that makes you feel powerful. Lots of area damage!

I usually keep a couple sets of talismans with me: one for full on DPS and another for full on survivability. I mix-and-match as needed. I like to play solo, or with my wife. So when solo, I'll add a few more "survivability" talismans in.