Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOLD THE BOSS

2»

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by simplius

ive looked at the different builds etc

the builds, that i enjoy playing must be abysmal, cos theyre not even on the lists

im fine with the fact , that it excludes me from any dungeon and end game

i can even live without story missions (though i would prefer an easy mode with reduced rewards)

but the low level content should be enjoyable for ALL classes/builds /playstyles

and it isnt

It is. All of my pre-40 characters use random gear from drops or the cheapest level-appropriate gear from the TP, coupled with builds that consisted of putting random stuff on my skill bar. They work well enough and can solo effortlessly.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by jammerben87
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    If an event is tagged as "group event", don't try to solo it.

Pretty much every event tagged as 'group' outside of the dragons and Arah is soloable if you know how to play your class. But thats fair advice to new players.

Regarding the OP:

1) Its fairly obvious based on mob indicators / dynamic event indicators if you are tackling something designed for a group. Champions very rarely spawn without warning and its quite easy to escape. Even if you die, the penalty isnt really enough to warrant rage quitting.

2) Classes are about as balanced as you are going to get in a MMO. Every class has viable builds.

3) Storyline quests range from very easy to easy. I can't even begin to understand how you would fail one.

I hate to say it, but its a learn to play thing. GW2 has a lot of faults, none of the things that you mentioned are included in that list.  

ive looked at the different builds etc

the builds, that i enjoy playing must be abysmal, cos theyre not even on the lists

im fine with the fact , that it excludes me from any dungeon and end game

i can even live without story missions (though i would prefer an easy mode with reduced rewards)

but the low level content should be enjoyable for ALL classes/builds /playstyles

and it isnt

wow is still light years ahead in that respect

they keep their bosses in dungeons, or in special zones

There is NOTHING in the beginner zones that constitutes a boss that isn't a group event. EVERYTHING else can be solo'd.

Seriously stop complaining about the game and learn to dodge. If you can't do that then go play another game. It really is that simple.

it really is

enjoy the EXPANSION

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

you clearly dont know , what im talking about

if there was a boss , i wouldnt have entered the area in the first place

what pisses me off, is the fact, that even at low level ORDINARY quests, they spawn some of those bosses

hold the sugar doesnt mean put in twice as much milk

does that compute?

Can't or don't want to beat the boss? Leg it. If you want to keep fighting pushover mobs, stay out of events. If you're just after the rewards, hit him twice, then leg it.

There are no quests in the open world that are mandatory. You're free to do or ignore them at your leisure.

I drink my coffee without either.

does that compute? 

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Locate_and_kill_the_transformed_krait_witch

Dude lemme explain. You encountered the Krait Witch, which is one of the FEW GROUP events in that area, a Champion NPC, one of the big strong ones, meant for GROUP play (All written in big and orange on the top right of your screen). So yes, you wait little for some people to come and u can take it down or if you don't want you can leave that it won' t follow you.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    another powerleveler complaining he cant kill a level 15 boss as a level 3 and farm it to sell gold I presume!rofl!good for you op!keep having fun!
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Most of the Naga Witches Champion bosses are a bit overtuned.

The one that OP talks about has a grab skill similar to Lieutenant Kholer in AC explorable mode that is much harder to see. Like all the other Naga Witches Champions it also deals a ridiculous amount of poison damage,

Low level and/or frail characters should focus on using the hylek poison canons outside.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders