Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview with Gaute Godager the original AoC visionary!

LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Something to read while the servers are down for the merge ( but NOT down for the count! ).

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/09/interview-with-gaute-godager.html

Great interview! I thought Gaute would be bitter about the game, but he is not at all! Great guy, a talented visionary. My hat is off to Gaute and all those who worked with him to bring this truly great MMO into our lives.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

The merge is finished :) and just wow...

Crom is cramped with people. OT and Khemi are a lagfest in the first few minutes until they're loaded completely, and even then the game stutters occasionally. Haven't seen this many folks in there since years... :)

Luckily (maybe because I was on Crom originally, though the faq says it doesn't matter) all of my characters kept their names, same goes to the majority of the friend list - there are a few unlucky ones among them who got renamed in the process...

Edit: sorry for the merging off above.

The interview is great, he's a REH fan like myself, I still like the original Hyborian Adventures part the most... And I love the "I wonder what the tumbled down ruins of the Tower of the Elephant would look like?" idea. Too bad there are no session plays of the past like in LotRO, that'd be awesome to break into the Tower as the young Conan :)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    I still have a signed by Gaute piece of AoC artwork from back in the day. I told him there should of been a harder server ruleset option but he dismissed the flavour for one back then.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Well, Shadowlands in AO was the expansion that alienated me with that mmorpg. Plus, the lack of end content at launch was what affected the future of AoC beyond anything else. It's the very reason Tera and other games suffered at launch, the place where gamers spend most of their time in a level based mmorpg was vacant compared to the rest.