Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrong about the LoL community? Yep

meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Great read.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/05/the-summoners-guidebook-youre-wrong-about-the-lol-community/

I've always had a great experience with the LoL community, so it got me thinking about the vocal minority regurgitating the "community is horrible" message: I have to wonder what attitude THEY enter the game with. Maybe they just were getting back what they were giving out.

Some of the nicest people I've encountered in games have been in LoL. It certainly encourages me to keep playing.

Comments

• SteelDemon09SteelDemon09 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Great read.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/05/the-summoners-guidebook-youre-wrong-about-the-lol-community/

I've always had a great experience with the LoL community, so it got me thinking about the vocal minority regurgitating the "community is horrible" message: I have to wonder what attitude THEY enter the game with. Maybe they just were getting back what they were giving out.

Some of the nicest people I've encountered in games have been in LoL. It certainly encourages me to keep playing.

I actually just got out of a ranked match. The way I see it, the lower elo/rank you are shows people stupidity and ignorance. People in Bronze or unranked and most silvers seem to be more of the ragers and shit talkers. right now im at 1700 Elo Gold 3, and the teams i have are amazing. Theres always teamwork and EVERYONE has encouraged positive behavior even when losing and if someones doing bad. Where as, in low silver/bronze people rage at champ select lol

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    League community gets much better when school is back in session.
  • SteelDemon09SteelDemon09 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by Utinni
    League community gets much better when school is back in session.

completely agree, summer time was horrible. Bed time and 8/9 hours of school FTW.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    every time I try to play this game, some AFK'ers ruin my fun, until they implement a mechanic that automatically folds up the match (no rewards or little rewards for each side with no imbalance) if someone hasnt moved for 5 minutes, im out. Not too keen on wasting 30 minutes on a guaranteed loss, better things to do, better games to play. Arena based games like this are plagued with this bullshit, pass.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • kalpafkalpaf Member Posts: 4
    I don't know what community you are talking about but LoL community is bad even in platinum. (yes it gets better, but not that better) I haven't been able to reach more than platinum3 and do you know why? Oh I don't know flamers, trolls, leavers/afkers. Yes there are people like that even in higher divisions. I left this game when 6 months ago a player told me that I should get cancer as well as my family and that death will be the easy part of my life and he wants me to burn in acid. I'm sorry to disappoint you but the community doesn't get that much better. One more thing of course there are good and kind people but they are rare like diamonds. It was a fun game at start but it got popular really fast.
  • lawz123lawz123 Member CommonPosts: 5
    The community is pretty much the same in every elo; it doesn't change much. I'll be meeting lots of toxic mofos, and there will be some matches where I have a nice teammate.