Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Super Secret Space Project revealed, Yes is real!!

2»

Comments

• THEchad88THEchad88 Member Posts: 38

Most disappointing thing of SWTOR wasn't the ship gameplay things for me but the lack of immersive use of the ship. Sure it got you around but the static animations for docking, the lack of actually controlling flight and being able to do creative and fun things like landing in open spaces etc. was so not cool. My co-pilot never even sat down in the ship when we were in it. What is that?! I wished there was more controll over them like a flight sim complete with actual fluid landing and deboarding / boarding.

Alas maybe Star Citizen will have them i'm sure ;)

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

http://youtu.be/mKvZ1U-T2kQ

I'd like to have features from XR, that would be a great space expansiom

http://youtu.be/U_jvRmRMWdE

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Interesting datamining.....

3D model of Tutorial for space pvp combat

http://imgur.com/NyoXkMh

See post on SWTOR Forum

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=677480

bwahaa...THAT's IT?

I WAS right, the worst possible case to think off, instanced warzones, they have been doing Moonbreakers after all!

No open universe, dumbed down three button controls, no cockpit, keyboard mode.

Well, time to give Chris Roberts some more money which I saved up for a proper Jump to Lightspeed type expansion. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody with an ounce of intelligence ever thought Swtor would have open universe space exploration. That sort of game would be entirely unto itself as it should be. Swtor is a story based RPG so expect story/objective based missions for the space sim just like flashpoints but the pvp conflict adds a great dynamic.

It isn't cockpit because this isn't a space sim. It is action movie style space combat. The majority of space combat scenes in the movies are 3rd person view. It would be nice to have the option though perhaps but it would limit your perspective greatly and put you at a disadvantage.

You expect a different genre. This is not he genre you are looking for. Move along ... move along.

The reddit data mining was interesting though. I wonder how new companions work if you can't see inside ship. I wonder what the single player options are compared to the warzone style options. I wonder if capital ships can be controlled by players or if guild ships can come into play.

The issue with smaller objective based instancing is repetitive play ... will it keep our interest over time? There is not doubt that everyone would love bigger and better but this should be a wonderful addition to the game if as long as they don't simply launch it and forget it.

I see this as little more than setting up the key conflict space battles. Star Wars stories (movies) has NEVER been about main characters gathering their own fleets, administrating their own politics at national or universal levels. The stories are told from the human level where main characters are subject of the greater powers that be. These space battles are the front line, grunt warfare and individual accomplishment stories that Star Wars has always been about. The opening scene are always about ships hypering in where instant action ensues and the areas of action is never more than a single area of battle, a single moon, planet or system in the distance. Just like the movies, Swtor will likely always be about that (even if the engine were better).

I would also love to see a truly sim-style, Star Wars space game where you have cockpit view, internal systems and launch and land from capital ships. This needs to be an entirely new game though and not a themepark mmo like Swtor. It can do it's own thing and EA under the Disney license can do their own thing with different games.

You stay sassy!

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by nachofoot

Believe it when I see it.

The most accurate SWTOR trailer to date.

Lmao!! That trailer was great. Thanks for posting.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by sneakerz007
    Originally posted by nachofoot

Believe it when I see it.

The most accurate SWTOR trailer to date.

Lmao!! That trailer was great. Thanks for posting.

Best trailer ever :D Well done. Thx for posting

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Interesting datamining.....

3D model of Tutorial for space pvp combat

http://imgur.com/NyoXkMh

See post on SWTOR Forum

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=677480

bwahaa...THAT's IT?

I WAS right, the worst possible case to think off, instanced warzones, they have been doing Moonbreakers after all!

No open universe, dumbed down three button controls, no cockpit, keyboard mode.

Well, time to give Chris Roberts some more money which I saved up for a proper Jump to Lightspeed type expansion. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody with an ounce of intelligence ever thought Swtor would have open universe space exploration. That sort of game would be entirely unto itself as it should be. Swtor is a story based RPG so expect story/objective based missions for the space sim just like flashpoints but the pvp conflict adds a great dynamic.

It isn't cockpit because this isn't a space sim. It is action movie style space combat. The majority of space combat scenes in the movies are 3rd person view. It would be nice to have the option though perhaps but it would limit your perspective greatly and put you at a disadvantage.

You expect a different genre. This is not he genre you are looking for. Move along ... move along.

The reddit data mining was interesting though. I wonder how new companions work if you can't see inside ship. I wonder what the single player options are compared to the warzone style options. I wonder if capital ships can be controlled by players or if guild ships can come into play.

The issue with smaller objective based instancing is repetitive play ... will it keep our interest over time? There is not doubt that everyone would love bigger and better but this should be a wonderful addition to the game if as long as they don't simply launch it and forget it.

I see this as little more than setting up the key conflict space battles. Star Wars stories (movies) has NEVER been about main characters gathering their own fleets, administrating their own politics at national or universal levels. The stories are told from the human level where main characters are subject of the greater powers that be. These space battles are the front line, grunt warfare and individual accomplishment stories that Star Wars has always been about. The opening scene are always about ships hypering in where instant action ensues and the areas of action is never more than a single area of battle, a single moon, planet or system in the distance. Just like the movies, Swtor will likely always be about that (even if the engine were better).

I would also love to see a truly sim-style, Star Wars space game where you have cockpit view, internal systems and launch and land from capital ships. This needs to be an entirely new game though and not a themepark mmo like Swtor. It can do it's own thing and EA under the Disney license can do their own thing with different games.

I was expecting it to be a lot more open as it is a MMO, or at least multiplayer - That is is what a MMO is. If this was KOTOR 3 made as a single player game for consoles and PCs with multiplayer modes then I would expect something like what you say.

The game should have been designed with open exploartion in mind, with the story fitting around the open worlds, like GTA. GTA is more of a MMO than SWTOR is, yet GTA is a single player game with multiplayer.

When you see what EVE, SWG, and STO brought to the MMO table, then see what they did for SWTOR, it is pathetic. STO was developed with a lot less financing (the same with SWG and EVE), and I was expecting SWTOR to be at least similar to STO, or better by leaps and bounds with the money they had for the game

In STO you explore the space, and come across battles which you are given the option to participate or not. Many players auto group together to take out enemy NPCs.  SWG had something similar near the end with Space Battles every hour with PVE and PVP options, but made the game very laggy.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by rojo6934

You know what i would consider a real SSS Project?

If i can get on my ship at Dromund Kaas and manually fly it myself to space within the same persistent world. Fly to the fleet, from planet to planet, have pvp, do PvE and exploration in space, then come back to Dromund Kaas and land my ship and continue my ground journey. All  in the persistent universe.

Never gonna happen so.... SSSP wont be as good as it should. But im looking forward to it. Depending on how good and persistent it is i could get it or stay away.

what you want is waaaay to advanced oooh wait, Star Wars Galaxies had that 9y ago.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by rojo6934

You know what i would consider a real SSS Project?

If i can get on my ship at Dromund Kaas and manually fly it myself to space within the same persistent world. Fly to the fleet, from planet to planet, have pvp, do PvE and exploration in space, then come back to Dromund Kaas and land my ship and continue my ground journey. All  in the persistent universe.

Never gonna happen so.... SSSP wont be as good as it should. But im looking forward to it. Depending on how good and persistent it is i could get it or stay away.

what you want is waaaay to advanced oooh wait, Star Wars Galaxies had that 9y ago.

Yep. It's an incredible shame that technology is crawling backwards, especially with a monster budget of 200 M $

SWTOR remains to me the biggest WTF mystery in MMO history