Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just curious

MadaizeMadaize Member Posts: 1

hey there, i was just curious if FF XI is worth it to buy as of now,

i have read alot on this game and it seemed that the game was mostly bots, etc....

how does this game hold up against World of Warcraft and Guild Wars in fun factors, etc.

Thanks in Advance
Matthew

Comments

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Hardcore gaming I guess. Been on a FF forums for like 4 years and the FF XI community there... Well they are really happy, when they get a new armor set and some other ppl said that the game is a time consumer and a big one.

But still... It's Final Fantasy!!!!

• fraudemonaxfraudemonax Member Posts: 25
    I played this game for the first 12 months it was out in the US. Its a solid game and it has held up well through time. It is true that the game is time consuming, which is the only reason I quit it 4 months ago. But if I had more spare time, I would still be playing it, because it is one of the best MMORPGs out there right now (I say its the best). If you like lots of PVP, this is not the game for you. Also, if you like leveling alone, here again, this is not the game for you. There is also alot of long hours of grinding that you need to do, but its rewarding. Simply put, if I were you, and I had extra time and money, I would definitely give it a go.

fraudemonax

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Yeah I love this game but eveyone is right it is time consuming. But if you get in a party with some good pple and something to drink on. lol the time will pass in no time.. Im actually going to start playing again when I get my new computer built. I was playing on my cousins computer and dont live with him anymore.

They should put out a free trial to let some ppl try it out actually im going to email them right now about it maybe it can bring some ppl to the game.

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313
    Can u email me for a trail i want to try this game
  • StrongladyStronglady Member UncommonPosts: 29

Sorry, but you can't. You need to purchase FFXI from a retail store.

• tbirdtbird Member Posts: 18
    U cant compare this 2 any other mmorpg. The battle system is totally different, the pace of the game is different but I think it compares really good. Plus the game only costs $20 so i say get it.