Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    I don't know why, but this made me want to get the game so much more now.  DAMMIT SQUARE ENIX, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    couldnt the rest of you just have disbanded and then reformed without him?
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

My thoughts exactly.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

My thoughts exactly.

Not if they Qued seperately. Chances are they were all on different servers.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

My thoughts exactly.

Not if they Qued seperately. Chances are they were all on different servers.

Can't 'friend' cross server? 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Ah, the joys of pugging with the modern day MMO player. Yeah no wonder I won't do it anymore.

Also a kick feature brings it's own issues, such as group leaders kicking other classes simply because they might roll on the same gear.

Or some old guy just isn't moving fast enough.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Ah, the joys of pugging with the modern day MMO player. Yeah no wonder I won't do it anymore.

Also a kick feature brings it's own issues, such as group leaders kicking other classes simply because they might roll on the same gear.

I had a discussion with some friends about this very thing, because I'm generally against the idea of a Kick system in dungeons... for the reasons you've cited and others. That kind of "power" in the hands of someone with the wrong ego/attitude for it can (and has, and will) lead to aggravation and misery for others. I'm a firm believer that no one person should ever have that kind of power over another player's experience.

Example: You're in a dungeon, it's going fine. No one's dying. Bosses are going down, but you happen to have that "One Guy" who just isn't satisfied with that, because someone's DPS just isn't "up to his standards" according to his parsers. It's not at all unheard of to see that person - given the ability - to kick the "offending player", even though that person has been doing just fine, and the run has been going smoothly. So now the person is kicked and has to sit in queue - potentially for a long time - just so they can get to play the content they're paying to enjoy. No one should ever have that kind of power over another player.

However it was suggested by one of my friends that it should be implemented... but only for someone being AFK or otherwise not actively engaged in any actual combat-related activity for some set time period (this way they can't just run or walk into a wall to bypass it).

Funny how in all these "auto-kick" discussions, "someone being AFK for a long time" seems to be the common denominator...

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    3-to-1 vote kick system, problem solved.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• asmadeousasmadeous Member Posts: 70
    I assume Mr.Sky is supposed to be DPS?

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by gessekai332

Not necessarily.

If you end up in a group where it's people in the same LS/FC, as long as there's 3... you're just as screwed.

I've seen it happen.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Ahhh, the demon wall... Watched a group on Twitch last night wipe around 20 times before finally giving up.
  • notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39
    A fine example that p2p communities are superior to f2p. I cant wait for dps meter to show up for their beauty to shine :)
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Ayulin

I had a discussion with some friends about this very thing, because I'm generally against the idea of a Kick system in dungeons... for the reasons you've cited and others. That kind of "power" in the hands of someone with the wrong ego/attitude for it can (and has, and will) lead to aggravation and misery for others. I'm a firm believer that no one person should ever have that kind of power over another player's experience.

Example: You're in a dungeon, it's going fine. No one's dying. Bosses are going down, but you happen to have that "One Guy" who just isn't satisfied with that, because someone's DPS just isn't "up to his standards" according to his parsers. It's not at all unheard of to see that person - given the ability - to kick the "offending player", even though that person has been doing just fine, and the run has been going smoothly. So now the person is kicked and has to sit in queue - potentially for a long time - just so they can get to play the content they're paying to enjoy. No one should ever have that kind of power over another player.

However it was suggested by one of my friends that it should be implemented... but only for someone being AFK or otherwise not actively engaged in any actual combat-related activity for some set time period (this way they can't just run or walk into a wall to bypass it).

Funny how in all these "auto-kick" discussions, "someone being AFK for a long time" seems to be the common denominator...

That's the thing though. That very thing I highlighted that you said, is happening to the other 3 players because there is no kick feature. One person is causing aggravation and misery because he know he can. So what's the lesser of two evils here? Risk alienating one person per group or 3? Trust me, after playing so many mmorpgs over the years I've had my fair share of elitist douchbachery by being kicked because it's Monday instead of Wednesday. You learn to deal with it and move on. But making a majority of the group suffer because of fear of someone kicking players for the wrong reason is the same as disabling chat because someone might say something stupid. It has more pros than cons.

My suggestion, SE should develop a 'activity" log like the one seen in NWO. If a player isn't showing any combat activity within an allotted time frame, a message should pop up for the remaining 3 players asking them if they would like to continue grouping with the player in question. Three no's and you're replaced. The system keeping track can be generous with the stipulations. It already keeps track of what players are fulfilling what roles so tagging on a dps/healing monitor wouldn't be hard. I just think it's shameful that we'd rather accept punishing more players in this situation.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Or a majority FC run when halfway through, the 4th member becomes available from the FC so they just kick the pug.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Yes, and the attitude has been to blame the old guy moving too slowly or the potential gear rival. In reality, it's usually the guy (young or old) who's so ADHD no one can figure out what the fuck he's trying to accomplish. You certainly can't tell given the lack of communication skills or social awareness present in many MMO players these days.

These are the people with poor impulse control who kick other players just because they can't keep up with their particular brand of bullshit. Getting kicked from a pug like that should be viewed as a positive achievement.

My pug days are over also. I'd rather play solo than deal with those losers. Unfortunately, being a member of a guild provides no insulation from douchebags either.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Uhh, just leave the group.  Why in the WORLD would you talk to an idiot that long?
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Jokes aside, the ability for someone to be kicked if everyone else in the group votes to kick the person would be EXTREMELY welcomed.

Currently, if someone refuses to follow directions repeatedly, ignores the group, or even just goes AFK unannounced for an extended period (The most common thing I want the kick for)  there's nothing you can do about it except leave and start from the beginning in another group. 

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    All I got to say is don't pug Garuda, she is unforgiving.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by gessekai332

Not necessarily.

If you end up in a group where it's people in the same LS/FC, as long as there's 3... you're just as screwed.

I've seen it happen.

True.

However for every 1 time this would happen to me (It happens to me like...1-2 times per MMO I play total) I'd be able to get rid of someone that went AFK probably 200 times.

It's a bit like saying you might as well jump out of a plane without a parachute, because even with a parachute, it might malfunction.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I'm pretty sure the party leader can kick.

If your trying to kick the party leader, you just have to drop.

I'll put that dude on my blacklist either way. Superior attitude and a class act all around.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

What is the point of this thread?  I guess it gives one something to do while NOT being able to login, as usual.

If you PUG, you sometimes get bad groups.  Welcome to MMORPG pugging and the negative side to fast food grouping via dungeon finder/duty finder.

Get in a guild/free company or even a link shell if those are ever of quality.  Make some friends (unless you're so bad at playing or unpleasant that nobody wants to be your friend, sniff).  If you group with people you know, this kind of crap generally doesn't happen, and there is no pseudo teen age drama to post about.

Play a class other than dps so at the least you have faster queue times and the bad groups are less of an issue since you're not having to wait 30+ minutes to get them.

I don't have these problems since I usually play tanks and have a clue.  I also happen to either play with, or make friends, such that I don't pug a whole lot.  It makes for zero drama and very smooth runs.  Shocking how that all works.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Voqar

What is the point of this thread?  I guess it gives one something to do while NOT being able to login, as usual.

If you PUG, you sometimes get bad groups.  Welcome to MMORPG pugging and the negative side to fast food grouping via dungeon finder/duty finder.

Get in a guild/free company or even a link shell if those are ever of quality.  Make some friends (unless you're so bad at playing or unpleasant that nobody wants to be your friend, sniff).  If you group with people you know, this kind of crap generally doesn't happen, and there is no pseudo teen age drama to post about.

Play a class other than dps so at the least you have faster queue times and the bad groups are less of an issue since you're not having to wait 30+ minutes to get them.

I don't have these problems since I usually play tanks and have a clue.  I also happen to either play with, or make friends, such that I don't pug a whole lot.  It makes for zero drama and very smooth runs.  Shocking how that all works.

I was originally thinking this as well, until I decided to click the link and read the discussion.  Then it came to mind that this game is still building up in the community, and people want to keep / make it a good one.  Therefore anyone who has bad manners should be called on it in some way.  The precedence of this would come from FFXI where players were blacklisted from parties early on if they were rude; you needed six people with no auto group finding feature, so names went around pretty quickly on reliable people and ones with bad attitudes and the latter could never get past Valkurn if they weren't a healer or some such.

Though as a whole if the duty finder groups you with people on your blacklist (or if you can't place them when on a different server), it might just be knowing they're around and expecting it if you see their name.  I've only been partied with one bad mannered person, and the odd thing was he was nice until we started to wipe on a boss.  He then called the DPS names despite making mistakes himself (I being the healer at the time and watching the fight closely).

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.