Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oculus rift + 8 buttons = viable

technineztechninez Member Posts: 77
i think if eqn take on the oculus as a full way of playing the game pvp dungeons exploring ect would make the whole experience so much more personal and just a great way to play remember these vr headsets only going to get better and cheaper... anyone with me? 

Comments

• JedidiahTheadoreJedidiahTheadore Member Posts: 48
    An mmorpg is the killer app with regards to the Occulus Rift for me. I would buy a Rift in a heartbeat if EQN supported it out of the box.
  • MetrobiusMetrobius Member UncommonPosts: 96
    My only problem with the oculus rift and MMOs is that MMOs aren't designed to be played in first person view any more. To me this ruins the potential immersion of such a device. EQ N looks like a game that would gimp you for playing in first person view.
  • JedidiahTheadoreJedidiahTheadore Member Posts: 48
    If it had Rift support built in then the perspective would be accounted for from the beginning. The UI is another aspect that would greatly suffer from a lack of native Rift support.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    In the black box video it was clear that EQN will support oculus rift.
  • Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by tkreep

Or they just use it for development purposes.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Personally not interested....Viable?  Sure.

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I could really go for this as well. Also Star Citizen will be awesome on the Rift.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Sunnyguy46

purposes like developing EQN to support oculus rift, otherwise what other purposes would there be for using the oculus rift in EQNs development.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i cant speak for EQN but here's a PS2 interview 

EQN and PS2 use the same game engine, ForgeLight

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-05-sony-explains-lack-of-planetside-2-pc-and-ps4-cross-platform-play-teases-character-transfers

you may one day be able to play Planetside 2 with the virtual reality headset Oculus Rift.

Higby said the development team has added compatibility for the eye-catching device, but right now, with the consumer version of OC without a release window, this functionality may not come to market.

"We have it implemented at work and we've used it - it's actually pretty amazing to be flying around a big-ass battle in Planetside and looking around like this in your cockpit," Higby said.

"So I mean, we've got it, and it works. It needs a lot of tweaks, you have to change a lot of things about the way your UI works, and right now the versions that we have are running at pretty low resolutions, so it's hard for us to figure out what we need to do to optimise for the final hardware that comes out."

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by Sunnyguy46

purposes like developing EQN to support oculus rift, otherwise what other purposes would there be for using the oculus rift in EQNs development.

To wear during the 2:30 nap time so Smedley thinks you're still working?

• technineztechninez Member Posts: 77
    i fully think it is the future of gaming fps mmo moba ect as in the end result no matter how many years it takes to develop is VR.