Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch date 2013! Seriously

anjealous82anjealous82 Member UncommonPosts: 123
Ok if they are guesstimating a 2013 release date. Does that mean they have been working on this game for several years or id the a half done open beta official launched game. I'm seriously interested in this game, I couldn't play EQ 2 because the graphic pallet had a negative affect on my eyes. So does anyone know?

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Landmark is releasing 2013, not EQN.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    They have been working on this for years. They have said this many times.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    2013 I believe is just for the sandbox editor program basically that lets you create buildings and such. The actual game is 2014.
  • Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

People have been taking things out of context.  EQN is launch late this year, or extremely early in 2014.  EQN Landmark will be out this fall, maybe early winter at the latest.

The game has been in development for years, they just kept their concepts secret until this year's SOE live so they can release it soon and have a large head-start over other companies that would copy their ideas.

But make no mistake, Beta tests will be this year, and a full release of EQN (not landmark) will be here within 6 months.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Gallus85

People have been taking things out of context.  EQN is launch late this year, or extremely early in 2014.  EQN Landmark will be out this fall, maybe early winter at the latest.

The game has been in development for years, they just kept their concepts secret until this year's SOE live so they can release it soon and have a large head-start over other companies that would copy their ideas.

But make no mistake, Beta tests will be this year, and a full release of EQN (not landmark) will be here within 6 months.

Not out of context.. You are just wrong.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

They have already said Landmark will be winter of this year. EQN has not been given a release date but only  hinted at as possibly sometime in 2014. There's no way EQN will be out this year and that's been confirmed. I wish I could find it, but it was in an interview after SOE Live. I think people are quoting Smedley about what he said awhile back about "people will have a playable version later this year, and I don't mean beta." That version is Landmark, and some people took that as EQN.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
  • anjealous82anjealous82 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    That would kind of suck sense all their is left to play is, press a button and sit back and watch mmos. I have Guild Wars to but all I do is die in that one. Which is why I lost interest in that one. Would have been fun if it played a lil more action based. Guess i'll have to wait and see.
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    2013 I believe is just for the sandbox editor program basically that lets you create buildings and such. The actual game is 2014.

NO ONE from SOE is saying 2014.. That is only wishful thinking from fans..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Late 2014, early 2015 is a more realistic expectation for delivery of the actual game, if we're trying to be realistic and not live in a fantasy ourselves.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

You know that winter starts on December 21., right?

EQN won't release this year. EQ:Landmark will, maybe.

I said this in another post, but winter itself is a subjective term.  Take Southern California where the EQN team is working.  They don't have a winter.  So for them winter could mean anytime after Thanksgiving. 

Georgeson also said that they are focusing 100% on getting Landmark out.  Only then will they start the information flood one are at a time.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Winter is not subjective term. Winter begins at the winter solstice (dec 21st) and ends at the vernal equinox.

Btw the title of the thread is misleading. No actual proof was given. Seriously...
  • KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    Winter is not subjective term. Winter begins at the winter solstice (dec 21st) and ends at the vernal equinox.

Btw the title of the thread is misleading. No actual proof was given. Seriously...

Not subjective?  When does winter start in Michigan?  Most people associate winter to when there is snow on the ground.  While we have no idea yet when Landmark or EQN is launched I am just saying that releasing Landmark in time for the long thanksgiving weekend makes a lot of sense.  And since all the Christmas shopping starts (or already started) that weekend it can be concidered winter. 

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

Donpopuki is correct, there are set rules for when winter begins, those rules might be out of a subjective culture though, Im from scandinavia so winter for me begins november 1st, ancient tradition.

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/winter-solstice.html

Spring is not a subjective form either.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/riteofspring1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox

However, in the United Kingdom and Ireland the winter solstice is traditionally considered as midwinter, the winter season beginning November 1 on All Hallows or Samhain. Winter ends and spring begins on Imbolc or Candlemas, which is February 1 or 2. This system of seasons is based on the length of days exclusively. The three-month period of the shortest days and weakest solar radiation occurs during November, December and January in the Northern Hemisphere (May-July in the Southern).

In Chinese astronomy (and other East Asian calendars), winter is taken to commence on or around November 7, with the Jiéqì known as (?? lì d?ng, literally "establishment of winter".)

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Kyllien

Not subjective?  When does winter start in Michigan?  Most people associate winter to when there is snow on the ground.  While we have no idea yet when Landmark or EQN is launched I am just saying that releasing Landmark in time for the long thanksgiving weekend makes a lot of sense.  And since all the Christmas shopping starts (or already started) that weekend it can be concidered winter. 

Thats how I recongnized its winter when I was 10. Now I prefer the actual date.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Well the SOE EQN studios are in Austin and California. If we go by cultural reckoning then most American calendars explicitly state winter begins on the 21st of December.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    It's baffling that some of you actually think EQN is launching this year when they have said time and time again EQNext LANDMARK is what is launching in winter of 2013.  And the overwhelming amount of things they have said that make it plain as day they are still extremely early in development.  I mean, you guys can keep believing it's going to launch this year or early next year if you want to, doesn't affect me, but you are 100% setting up your own disappointment.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

To anyone who still thinks EQ:N will be released in 2013, ask yourself this.  How many inventory slots are there?   Ultra basic stuff, but we've not had definitive word yet.   I can understand not releasing information at SOE Live in order to keep themselves (and fans) somewhat focused.   But it's been almost a month since SOE Live, and there hasn't been any more information from SOE concerning the game.  We might as well be listening to turnips.

Great discussion on 'winter is subjective', guys.  I needed a laugh this morning.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278

They haven't said anything about EQN being released this year, or next year.  They said they will talk about a release date sometime next year, but that could mean they announce it in 2015.  It is a ways off. 

Dave Georgeson even said, "Landmark is further developed than EQN" in recent interviews.

I would like to see it released sooner than later, but even more than that, I want to see the game polished and ready to go.  That is the point of landmark (at first), to help polish and finish the game.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by wizardanim
    Originally posted by Gallus85 People have been taking things out of context.  EQN is launch late this year, or extremely early in 2014.  EQN Landmark will be out this fall, maybe early winter at the latest. The game has been in development for years, they just kept their concepts secret until this year's SOE live so they can release it soon and have a large head-start over other companies that would copy their ideas. But make no mistake, Beta tests will be this year, and a full release of EQN (not landmark) will be here within 6 months.
    They haven't said anything about EQN being released this year, or next year.  They said they will talk about a release date sometime next year, but that could mean they announce it in 2015.  It is a ways off. 

Dave Georgeson even said, "Landmark is further developed than EQN" in recent interviews.

I would like to see it released sooner than later, but even more than that, I want to see the game polished and ready to go.  That is the point of landmark (at first), to help polish and finish the game.

Landmark is expected to launch this Winter.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220
    For the people saying they have been working on this for years; I'm sure they would have had a lot more to show at the reveal if this were the case. Everything I've seen or read about this game tells me it's still in early, EARLY alpha. I wouldn't expect a release before Nov/Dec 2015
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Veldekar
    For the people saying they have been working on this for years; I'm sure they would have had a lot more to show at the reveal if this were the case. Everything I've seen or read about this game tells me it's still in early, EARLY alpha. I wouldn't expect a release before Nov/Dec 2015

They have been working on this for years so people are correct in stating that,However they also abandoned the direction they were going in and went back tot he drawing board at sometime int he past so no one really knows how ling they've been working on the game as it's being envisioned now.

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by wizardanim

Originally posted by Gallus85 People have been taking things out of context.  EQN is launch late this year, or extremely early in 2014.  EQN Landmark will be out this fall, maybe early winter at the latest. The game has been in development for years, they just kept their concepts secret until this year's SOE live so they can release it soon and have a large head-start over other companies that would copy their ideas. But make no mistake, Beta tests will be this year, and a full release of EQN (not landmark) will be here within 6 months.

Landmark is expected to launch this Winter.

True, but the person I quoted was saying EQN was going to launch within 6 months.  Landmark will be out this winter, but EQN wont be out at the start of 2014, as they were speculating.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

September 23, 2014 will be the release date.

I don't go in for sappy guesses about what year, quarter or season. I go for the jugular and pick a date. Pre-order head starts will be in the previous Thursday. Login queues will twist panties into bunches. Forums will be lit afire.

People... I bid you to start writing up your "every game has launch day problems" forum posts now in order to save time later. For the rest of you, start penning up your thread about how you've contacted your lawyers and how you'll sue and how you want your money back and... oh wait. Never mind... now you've moved to first in the queue. All's forgiven...

Until the first Saturday.

The login servers will go down the first full weekend after launch. SOE gifts us some in-game happy pills to offset the rage. Forever after, every server hiccup will cause a small demographic of players to flood the forums demanding more happy pills or else they'll call their lawyer and demand that... oh look, happy pills! All's forgiven.

The first round of mass account bannings will be mid-October with an emergency patch to seal up a nasty exploit. The cheaters begin to eye the next MMO on the horizon to move onto so they can feel important again. But not before stopping off on MMORPG.com to announce how EQN is dying, the population is dwindling and that it's being run under a police state mentality by the developer overlords. And it's not fair and...

Oh look! Happy pills!

All's forgiven.