Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PCKeeper?

laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
I kept getting redirect to a page called pckeeper from mmorpg.com.  Is it only me?  Think I might have some virus or something.

Comments

• ValkanisarValkanisar Member UncommonPosts: 494

this has happened to me several times now..it redirects me to some site then tries to install some exe file...

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I've received one redirect for PCKeeper too. It happened yesterday and might have been associated with an ad. I do know I had clicked on nothing when it happened. It happened for me on the Hardware forum page. Since I didn't select it I immediately closed the browser and restarted it. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Just opened up the forums on MMORPG.com and got a page asking me to download api_Downloader.exe.

Not sure if it's related or not. Currently scanning my system.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DerangedcowbrainDerangedcowbrain Member UncommonPosts: 56

Same here with the api_Downloader.exe. I didn't click anything, btw. It just downloaded it. Running Norton and certainly not opening it.

By the way, I found this thread by searching Google, not looking on the forums even though I got it from this site. Weirdness.