Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't handle MMO launches?

2»

Comments

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Chattaway

I think most of these new age mmo players have not yet realized what it is to be an mmo played and what it involved, community spirit is the greatest thing we have, but nowadays people have no patience and are increasingly  raging over matters not of peoples doing or choosing.

Another thing is people spam for more servers, a lot of people do quit mmos after the first 1-3 months and then we will be left with normal pop servers, if we add more and more now in 3 months we will have server merge galore.

I agree 100%, WoW opened the flood gate to a kind of player teh MMO genre didn't need at all and the consequences are here to stay. It's the same with every MMO, even F2P. It's not worth getting upset about it really.

• Originally posted by Mako482
    Originally posted by Elfahiar

GW2 doesn't even compare. Must be a joke. Very smooth launch for what I can remember (at least here in Europe).

However, FF14 Reborn keeps telling "server full" / all kind of errors. I have yet to succeed to see my character in game. We are August 28.

You must understand some people have paid for the game with early access, they have the right to be in anger. All they've been able to do in the game so far is staring at a "You can't connect" window.

"OH SHUTTAP it's just an MMO real life exists outside"

No.

I am getting tired of this excuse. It's not because it's an MMO that people should accept being *** and pay for stuff that doesn't work as advertised. A lot of MMO's with names "lesser known" than Final Fantasy launched without (much) issues. Not being able to connect/play for two full days is unacceptable.a

Sorry pal thats bull, how can you not log in for to days? my friend jsut made his char on odin last night, was full 1 hour earlier, now he has made his char, ive been able to play all day every day, and relog at primetime, if you get an error you retry till you get in the queue, wtf are you talking about? you cannot play for days?

It is called a 1017 error that thousands are getting. If you are not then you are one of the lucky ones. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter before calling people out. I have tried logging in several times over and over without success to even get into the queue. One time I got into the queue and was kicked from it 20 seconds later immediately getting the 1017 error again.

Yes? ive had that error and the others plenty of times, keep trying to log in like me and ALL my friends did and it eventually works.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Mako482

GW2 doesn't even compare. Must be a joke. Very smooth launch for what I can remember (at least here in Europe).

However, FF14 Reborn keeps telling "server full" / all kind of errors. I have yet to succeed to see my character in game. We are August 28.

You must understand some people have paid for the game with early access, they have the right to be in anger. All they've been able to do in the game so far is staring at a "You can't connect" window.

"OH SHUTTAP it's just an MMO real life exists outside"

No.

I am getting tired of this excuse. It's not because it's an MMO that people should accept being *** and pay for stuff that doesn't work as advertised. A lot of MMO's with names "lesser known" than Final Fantasy launched without (much) issues. Not being able to connect/play for two full days is unacceptable.a

Sorry pal thats bull, how can you not log in for to days? my friend jsut made his char on odin last night, was full 1 hour earlier, now he has made his char, ive been able to play all day every day, and relog at primetime, if you get an error you retry till you get in the queue, wtf are you talking about? you cannot play for days?

It is called a 1017 error that thousands are getting. If you are not then you are one of the lucky ones. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter before calling people out. I have tried logging in several times over and over without success to even get into the queue. One time I got into the queue and was kicked from it 20 seconds later immediately getting the 1017 error again.

Yes? ive had that error and the others plenty of times, keep trying to log in like me and ALL my friends did and it eventually works.

Eventually huh? After what? 30 minutes? An hour? How long do I have to spam it to get in? And have you emailed SE to thank them for allowing you into their game yet?

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Sorry pal thats bull, how can you not log in for to days?
    wtf are you talking about? you cannot play for days?

Are you obliged to speak like this? You're kind of a smartass, aren't you?

It's been like this for my wife and me so far (no counter here). I didn't complain, I just said that I understand why customers are complaining. Which you don't, apparently - since you're making a topic to make them look bad...

Nobody said the game sucks - we all loved the BETA and would love to play. But you're living in delusion if you think Square/Enix handle this perfectly. It's OK for people to be angry at the issues. You don't have to stand in between.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

The amount of trolling this game is recieving for problems every mmo has at launch, needi remind you all of gw2? how about you go get laid and come back in a few days.

TBH is this is the respect you show the game and the devs for such pathetic issues you should not be playing mmos let alone EVER EVER call yourself an mmo gamer and fan, its outright disgusting the way some of you guys are behaving, 30 days free with the box was a gift, they did not have to give us 30 days, be happy you even got it and not to mention the fact the game costs £15.99, how much did i pay for swtor? £50 GW2? £40

I couldn't agree more, too many people QQ and it's these people who shouldn't be allowed to touch MMOs. I paid £47 pounds for the collectors box set, cheapest collectors edition of any MMO that I paid for and still people complain about how bad the launch is. Many people expect every thing on a plate because they think it's their god given right. Its like when we see people QQing that they got banned from the forums it was likely due to complaining and demanding this and that.

• Originally posted by Elfahiar

It's been like this for my wife and me so far (no counter here). I didn't complain, I just said that I understand why customers are complaining. Which you don't, apparently - since you're making a topic to make them look bad...

Nobody said the game sucks - we all loved the BETA and would love to play. But you're living in delusion if you think Square/Enix handle this perfectly. It's OK for people to be angry at the issues. You don't have to stand in between.

But that is my point, have you seen the forums? the reviews? the amount of people saying its the worst game ever etc, 2 people i knew refused to get the game after reading mmorpg forums. there is nothing wrong with getting frustrated but some of the stuff people are coming out with... im still looking for the post oh the guy saying " i will eat your firstborn child SE "

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

But that is my point, have you seen the forums? the reviews? the amount of people saying its the worst game ever etc, 2 people i knew refused to get the game after reading mmorpg forums. there is nothing wrong with getting frustrated but some of the stuff people are coming out with... im still looking for the post oh the guy saying " i will eat your firstborn child SE "

Well, threatening to eat SE's firstborn child is more of a joke/exaggerated display of imitated outrage. Considering SE isn't alive and can't actually have children, it's a company.

Just let people complain, who cares? The only reason they're complaining is because they like the game and want to play it. It doesn't matter what you say, the people experiencing problems are going to continue experiencing them until they're resolved. Then they'll shut up and play. The people who overreact and demand refunds will just re-purchase the game in a week or two when they've calmed down and still want to play it. All you're doing is baiting trolls.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Hey OP send me 50 bucks and I will send you a free gift.......The 30 days isnt free, you paid for it......When people pay good money and dont get services rendered they have a right to complain.....Would you pay 50 bucks for a raw steak in a restaurant?.....This is one major difference between p2p and f2p...Once people start paying expectations increase dramatically...You are correct though that too many people still have to be the first....Its almost a gaming decree......They have to play the first second the game launches or they are going to throw a temper tantrum.....Many of them will pay whatever the price is for this by the way......If it was 1 million dollars to have a week's early access to a new MMO there are gamers out there that would pay it.
  • TjedTjed Member Posts: 162

how about you go get laid and come back in a few days.

I am glad that you have such confidence in me!  Truthfuly, I will probably go get laid and come back and try to log in..in about... oh, I'd say 30-45 minutes.  A couple days though... something to work for I suppose. 

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    In no way is this comparable to GW2s launch. Unless you are willing to sit there and spam the thing for quite some time you can't get in during the evening prime time EST. Can't even get into a queue because the queues are obviously also very small. It's oversubscribed in terms of the in infrastructure, and adding new servers will not help because people will not want to reroll on new servers next week. What SE could do better is both kick afk people and improve the queues so that everyone gets put in a queue so that they don't have to sit there and spam.
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by udon

The amount of trolling this game is recieving for problems every mmo has at launch, needi remind you all of gw2? how about you go get laid and come back in a few days.

TBH is this is the respect you show the game and the devs for such pathetic issues you should not be playing mmos let alone EVER EVER call yourself an mmo gamer and fan, its outright disgusting the way some of you guys are behaving, 30 days free with the box was a gift, they did not have to give us 30 days, be happy you even got it.

30 days isn't a gift it's part of the purchase price of the MMO.  If a company released a MMO without that and made you pay a sub day 1 they would be asking you to pay $10 - $15 dollars more than every other MMO released for the game and anyone who purchased the game would have to make a personal decision on if the game was worth commanding a higher premium or not.

I don't own FF XIV so can't say one way or another if the launch was good or bad but I don't think it's to much to ask for a company to have their act together when they launch a product.  Giving them flack for a poor launch is just as justified as giving Microsoft flack for selling overheating XBOX 360's because they rushed them to market without proper testing.  If a company wants my business I expect them to deliver on what they are promising and am not afraid to speak up if they don't.

Stop trying to defend large multinational companies for poor planning and execution.  They don't need your help.

^This

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Your friends are smart then, because who in their right mind would buy this game right now knowing what the issues are? These are legit complaints, you belittling them as if we should bow down and thank SE for taking our money is ridiculous.

Originally posted by Jorl

TBH is this is the respect you show the game and the devs for such pathetic issues you should not be playing mmos let alone EVER EVER call yourself an mmo gamer and fan, its outright disgusting the way some of you guys are behaving, 30 days free with the box was a gift, they did not have to give us 30 days, be happy you even got it and not to mention the fact the game costs £15.99, how much did i pay for swtor? £50 GW2? £40

I couldn't agree more, too many people QQ and it's these people who shouldn't be allowed to touch MMOs. I paid £47 pounds for the collectors box set, cheapest collectors edition of any MMO that I paid for and still people complain about how bad the launch is. Many people expect every thing on a plate because they think it's their god given right. Its like when we see people QQing that they got banned from the forums it was likely due to complaining and demanding this and that.

Omg what planet am I on in which I pay for something, do not get to use it, then am called out by people like you because I "expect everything on a plate (it is "handed to you on a platter" btw) because it is my God given right"???

You can't be serious, come on. I paid $50 for a game I have yet to be able to play due  to these issues and you treat my discontent as some type of entitlement syndrome? You bet your arse I am entitled to use a product I paid for.

Again....what planet are you people from with this thinking? Please tell me you don't treat "real-life" issues in this manner. I would love to do business with you, I will take your money for nothing...obviously you are cool with that.

• AyadoriAyadori Member Posts: 12
    Not sure if the OP is for real or the post is subtle irony. I hope the latter :)
  • So like the other guy said its like getting the wrong meal, well do you a) ask nicely for another meal because it was wrong or B) go off your nut raging the entire shop down screaming to see the manager and demanding a meal instantly.

This is the difference and most people are doing the latter, by shouting at the developers are you going to get on the server faster? news flash they don't speak English cept that 1 guy who can speak a bit on the interview so they can’t hear your rage anyway, but really does a) saying a game is the worst game ever because of a few servers problems make it right? And b) hope the devs in japan really can’t understand you, because they would be ashamed of America and Europe if they could...

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Stay away from Metacritic... the crap people are writing there is pathetic.

Everything is a 10 or a 0.

So far the 10s are really out weighing the zeroes.

Isn't it sad?

The people who like the game and want to give it a fair representation have to rate a 10 on metacritic or MMORPG.com in order to offset the folks who rate a 0 out of nerd rage.

When in actuality, most of those that like the game would probably realistically give a 7-9 and those who dislike would do a 4-6 if they were being truly honest.

And like all things, the real average would be in the 7-8.5 range.

Which is probably what the real critics at sites like IGN and MMO etc. will end up giving the game.

It's all so pointless...

So like the other guy said its like getting the wrong meal, well do you a) ask nicely for another meal because it was wrong or B) go off your nut raging the entire shop down screaming to see the manager and demanding a meal instantly.

This is the difference and most people are doing the latter, by shouting at the developers are you going to get on the server faster? news flash they don't speak English cept that 1 guy who can speak a bit on the interview so they can’t hear your rage anyway, but really does a) saying a game is the worst game ever because of a few servers problems make it right? And b) hope the devs in japan really can’t understand you, because they would be ashamed of America and Europe if they could...

Terrible analogy....

A better one would be you order your food, pay up front, and they don't bring it at all. Seriously dude, you're trying too hard.

• Originally posted by Mako482

So like the other guy said its like getting the wrong meal, well do you a) ask nicely for another meal because it was wrong or B) go off your nut raging the entire shop down screaming to see the manager and demanding a meal instantly.

Terrible analogy....

A better one would be you order your food, pay up front, and they don't bring it at all. Seriously dude, you're trying too hard.

EVERYONE with a brain knows what an MMO is like at launch, tell me... if these people were so stressed and vile and angry about not getting into a game they knew would have certain issues arise why did they not wait? did SE hold a gun to their head to buy the game? nope, like i said any smart mmo player knows what they get themselves into, right or wrong if not their fault they did not make you buy the game that's your own fault and nobody choice but your own.

Originally posted by Mako482

Terrible analogy....

EVERYONE with a brain knows what an MMO is like at launch, tell me... if these people were so stressed and vile and angry about not getting into a game they knew would have certain issues arise why did they not wait? did SE hold a gun to their head to buy the game? nope, like i said any smart mmo player knows what they get themselves into, right or wrong if not their fault they did not make you buy the game that's your own fault and nobody choice but your own.

You're a real piece of work lol. Tell me...why aren't you playing instead of on the board vehemently defending SE?

Starting a sentence with "everyone with a brain" is a simple attempt to discredit anyone who disagrees with you. But you know what, you are correct. MMO's notoriously are known for having issues at launch. Typically your gameplay is interupted constantly for hot fixes, you get bugs, you have to wait in queues....yep, always those issues. These are issues most of us were well prepared for.

What we were NOT prepared for however, was not being able to play at all for days due to no viable login queue function. The majority are left to spam login until they are lucky enough to get in the queue. Some have claimed to not have any issues, good for them...they are the lucky ones.

Once again....because you either are not listening or you just don't get it....WE CANNOT PLAY. There is a huge difference between tolerating issues during a launch and being completely denied a chance to even play. 

In the end, your "blame the consumer" mentality is getting tiring. My only guess here is you are either not an adult yet or you are an adult who has never had to do anything for himself as a consumer outside of buying a slurpee at 7/11 while mom pumps gas.

This discussion has been closed.