Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

oh its ON in about an hour lol

watch this game tank so fast..... it will be epic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn

Comments

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Why are you so happy a game will tank seems the more obvious question.
    Kinda mean spirited, really. , :(

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179
    I get that this game isn't for everyone but it seems like the servers are packed with plenty of us that are enjoying it, myself included. I haven't reached end-game yet so I can't predict the staying power but I can say that I'm really enjoying leveling so far.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by killahh
    Why are you so happy a game will tank seems the more obvious question. Kinda mean spirited, really. , :(

i'm logged in playing FFARR...... i just know this game is going down like a 2 dolla hooker on that site...

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Metacritic is a terrible place to go for user reviews. A majority of the people reviewing do so very uniformed about the game reviewed and another good portion just sensationalize games in either a positive or negative way.

Plenty of games that are reasonably in the 6-10 zone get a ton of 0 reviews. Most games do not warrant a 0 for a score, even the really bad ones.

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by denshing

Metacritic is a terrible place to go for user reviews. A majority of the people reviewing do so very uniformed about the game reviewed and another good portion just sensationalize games in either a positive or negative way.

Plenty of games that are reasonably in the 6-10 zone get a ton of 0 reviews. Most games do not warrant a 0 for a score, even the really bad ones.

Terrible or not, many people do look for to it for a first opinion when deciding whether to buy a game.

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Elegance92
    Originally posted by denshing

Terrible or not, many people do look for to it for a first opinion when deciding whether to buy a game.

Those people are called idiots.

Unless they look for the 6s, 7s, and 8s.  Anyone calling it a 0-5, or a 9-10, has a terrible bias.  Reviews of 6,7 or 8 will likely consider both the good and the bad and may be worth reading.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Op is pretty mean spirited - wanting a game that was rebuilt from top to bottom as a direct result of customer feedback is a classic case of chewing own nose off to spite face.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• raas1337raas1337 Member Posts: 39

Why this site is still online? its like worst place to see if game is worth playing ever. Most rewiew are done by kids who can score 10 or 0 and everything is black and white for them.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by killahh
    Why are you so happy a game will tank seems the more obvious question. Kinda mean spirited, really. , :(

It´s not about being happy, but more like being sad to see this game tank so quickly YET AGAIN!

SE brought this all to themselves! And the way they are handling these problems only makes matters worse.

Just posting an empty appology at the end of Early Access without any explanation nor telling any actions they gonna take to fix these problems might work in Japan, but not here in the West.

They should just shut Down the duty finder system and unlock the content from it, so it´s no longer dependend on it and take the duty finder back to the drawing Board!

It was a huge design flaw to tie all the personal Story and Group content to the Duty finder and make it mandatory to use! That´s what is causing all these problems and why the insane login restrictions are put in Place! Because it´s the Duty finder / Lobby servers that are constantly overloading and crashing!

The Duty finder should be an optional helper tool to form PUG Groups, like the Dungeon / Group finder in other games.

It´s an utter shame how they are handling this! As the game is great and I love it!

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Well look what we have here. The very first two reviews are a 10 and a 0. I think this validates the point I made.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by mysticalspam

8.6 Score. Only 1 negative. What is your point exactly?

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by mysticalspam

8.6 Score. Only 1 negative. What is your point exactly?

It seems to believe that a user accredited review site somehow affirms it's stance on the game's wellbeing. Though when the reviews tend to be highly biased, leaning towards one side without ever giving though to the other...It seems more like childish prattle. A true review finds both positives and negatives, for nothing is ever perfect and there is always room for improvement.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• DragonMyth88DragonMyth88 Member UncommonPosts: 245

like donkey kong ?

This discussion has been closed.