Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF complex MMO

TheSlitherTheSlither Member Posts: 59

Hello,

I am looking for new MMO game to play.

Here are some points what game should have:

PVP and PVE content like vanilla WoW had. It was great.

Lot of players in game, open world. I prefer too meet someone in open env.

Here are some points what game should NOT have:

I didnt like GW idea that players can only meet at hometown or instances. I preffer open world.

Should not be arena like or moba like, World of Tanks, or LoL or dota where players meet only in some scenario.

I dont like very much when game have crossed genres much anime  like: We fightin some poseidon boss in game with paladin with hammer and next to me is some bunny with 2 ak47s. Or girl with big boobs with some laser gun. If its scifi laser guns ok, if its fantasy fantasy guns please.

------------------

I am considering to go back EVE online. I have like 120hours in game, was never rly deep in this game, maybe I give second try because I also like space and scifi. I dont have any friends to play this but community in this game looks good.

Second adept is Neverwinter, I dont know much about this game, if its have good pvp and pve content but on videos it looks OK. But perfect world company I dont really like this company its like yay lets make a tons of mmo.

Third Starwars the old republic. Is it worth to play?

Or maybe some other game...

Is there any game out which can compete with complexity/fun/gameplay of vanilla WoW?

I dont mind to pay for game. So subs is ok too.

Comments

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

If you want open world PvP you could try Darkfall. It is fantasy based, but I have not tried it.

Star Wars:TOR doesn't really have open world PvP.  Most PvP happens in warzones...which are like arenas.  The one planet that is supposed to be open world, Ilum, was not working the last time I played. Not sure if they fixed it.

• PorkNailsPorkNails Member UncommonPosts: 65

Tera (F2P)

Guild Wars 2 (B2P) -> unlike gw this game has an open world.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR (P2P)

If you want something harder (GW2 is piece of cake easy) :

Lineage 2 (F2P)

• TheSlitherTheSlither Member Posts: 59

Hmm maybe I give a try for Final Fantasy, I like P2P model.

Hope the game is ok. Good think is I can get it for about 20 euros.

Game now faces a issues cos of start so maybe I will wait a week. Btw I heard that there are already lvl 50 there. So its look like no mature lvling? Hope so there will be good end game content then.

• PorkNailsPorkNails Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by TheSlither

Hmm maybe I give a try for Final Fantasy, I like P2P model.

Hope the game is ok. Good think is I can get it for about 20 euros.

Game now faces a issues cos of start so maybe I will wait a week. Btw I heard that there are already lvl 50 there. So its look like no mature lvling? Hope so there will be good end game content then.

So far i like the game, reminds me of the old school mmo's.

But if you have not bought the game i would say give it some time, now its hard to begin playing. After the launch goes by people will stop playing 24/7 and things will go smoother.

Edit:

You can have all classes with one character and then there are subclasses, etc. 

getting level 50 with the class you begin is not the end of the game (though it doesn't take long if you focus on leveling).

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    I did a trial of EVE. Game is complex to start  but once you get past it it can be a bit boring if you intend to do PvE only. I didn’t find it to suit my play style but it may be for you so why not give it a free trial since you’re also interested in PvP.

I decided to give SW:TOR a go with a free account. The starting area is jammed with new players. I was surprised at the amount of group content because lots of comments about this game being a solo players game.  Good story line to follow if you like that kind of thing also.  Once you get your ship you have additional space combat. There is a PvP server and on a PvE server there is duels. I like the game better than EVE as it fits my preference of play better so I subbed to it for awhile.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

Tera

Guildwars 2 but it doesn't have open pvp in the main world, just in the mists and World vs World

Lineage 2 for sure.

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager