Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch of any *NEXT GEN* mmorpg ever?

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219
I think so.

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    What exactly is meant by "next gen"?
  • PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by nomatics856
    I think so.

Nope. Far from the worst. Far from the best. Take this time to appreciate the finer things in life, go have some social time, relax. Life is not about obsessions.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Yea I wouldn't call this next gen, it brings almost nothing new to the table that I experienced. Also it's been said that the game hasn't officially launched yet.. if that matters.

• nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by Pandrax
    I think so.

Nope. Far from the worst. Far from the best. Take this time to appreciate the finer things in life, go have some social time, relax. Life is not about obsessions.

First off I pre ordered for early access I did not pre order just so I can go out side. Thats not an excuse. Matter fact you have the worst excuse ever.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Probably have to wait for Tuesday's launch to determine this question.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Considering the game itself is fantastic and the issues are ALL being caused by the servers... no, this is far from the worst launch. The worst launch would be a game with horrific server issues that also wasn't worth playing. FFXIV is very much worth playing which is precisely why we're having the server issues; SE misjudged how many players would be logging in this weekend.

It'll take some time but it will eventually ease up, especially if they open new servers tomorrow (which I expect they will).

Originally posted by Maelzrael
    Yea I wouldn't call this next gen, it brings almost nothing new to the table that I experienced. Also it's been said that the game hasn't officially launched yet.. if that matters.

This isnt a beta.

This isnt a beta.

And neither has it launched. When it launches then you can come back and say it's the worst launch and no one is going to debate whether it's launched or not.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Pandrax
    I think so.

That's what you do every day of the week, unless of course you purchase something to do on a certain day.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Well its technically a re-launch of an already failed game.

In that sense, yes it is easily the worst re-launch of a game.

Originally posted by Torcip

This isnt a beta.

And neither has it launched. When it launches then you can come back and say it's the worst launch and no one is going to debate whether it's launched or not.

It is a launch, early access is a launch. Theres no other way to justify that.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

1. This game is the exact opposite of "next gen" it is catered to "old style" players who wish some of the old feeling of classical MMOs back.

2. Never preorder an MMO and never play one at launch. All of these stupid failure threads are exaggerating. But hey it happens every time ;)

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

Originally posted by Torcip

This isnt a beta.

It is a launch, early access is a launch. Theres no other way to justify that.

I just did justify it. It's early access not launch. See how it goes both ways?

If you want a reason it's because these 3 days are not a part of the 30 days you get when buying the game.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Yep it's a shit show.
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    I guess they could have worked on their advertising a little more. I had no idea it existed let alone that it was launching.

Originally posted by Laserwolf
    I guess they could have worked on their advertising a little more. I had no idea it existed let alone that it was launching.

That's because they had no clue anyone other than die hard Final Fantasy fans in NA/EU were interested until it was too late. I'm sure if you lived in Japan you'd see advertisements everywhere.

• KilltaskKilltask Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Having a bad launch is part of the whole Old School package, DON'T YOU GET IT?  =P
  • Chief021Chief021 Member Posts: 107
    It's not a "next gen" MMO.  It's pretty much the same old gameplay mechanics we've known for years.  Not stating it's a bad game...

A PS4 ESO guild accepting applications at http://lowlyknights.enjin.com

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

1. This game is the exact opposite of "next gen" it is catered to "old style" players who wish some of the old feeling of classical MMOs back.

2. Never preorder an MMO and never play one at launch. All of these stupid failure threads are exaggerating. But hey it happens every time ;)

Actually, they aren't... for myself the game has been unplayable for 70+ out of the last 93 hours... and was plagued by problems the rest of the time...

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

OP...game's not even launched yet so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcdTZ2qcB8

• RattsRatts Member Posts: 48
    I think so.

In the sense that I can't think of another launch where I've been almost completely prevented from logging in during early access, absolutely.  Not to mention the issues with instances and duty finder when I was able to get in.

I have long-term hopes, but definitely this is a bad, bad, bad launch.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

I agree 13 years ago and this would be expected. Today its just asinine.

..and the games not even new new its a reboot.

Shrug it will work out eventually....but there is almost no excuse for the state of affairs atm.

• KappaKingKappaKing Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Nihilist

Well its technically a re-launch of an already failed game.

In that sense, yes it is easily the worst re-launch of a game.

Kappa

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

The game is technically not launched yet, they aren't charging for it. Good thing too, because if they deny people the chance to login and play, after they have launched and are charging those people, then that will be unacceptable.

They had better fix it so that people who paid, get to play.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

OP...game's not even launched yet so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcdTZ2qcB8

Can you imagine when it does "Officially launch"  ROFL

This comical watching this all go down.   I can't wait until "launch day" when the real drama and excitement will begin.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

This discussion has been closed.