Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group game play looks too easy!

2»

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by jesusjuice69

#1 Even the devs said it isn't a true MMO.  

And then they said the reason they "said" that was not to scare non mmo players away. The game is an mmo but the feel is of a multi-player ES game.

Which is fine by me because the game play in Elder Srolls games trumps most mmo's.

I have no idea if this game is goign to be good or great (or bad or horrid) but I think I'll see for myself in this next iteration instead of crying the sky is falling.

They are making an MMo that feels and plays like an elder scrolls game... if you liked Skyrim, chances are you will like TESO.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

Actually, Matt Firor just said Dungeons will have difficulty settings from Medium up to "Crazy Hard".

But don't let the truth get in the way of your negative propaganda.

Details here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cwsc_VknApg

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

LOL the OP seems to always come here and say non sense. -.-

I saw this thread yesterday, looked at it, read some of it, and left. You constantly rag on things in the game that are to be expected. 

Imagine if they decided to make a Sonic the Hedgehog MMO, and I went on the forums and complained that the Character sonic moved to fast. I complained that Tails was flying and it shouldn't be possible. I complained about collecting rings. I complained that there shouldn't be any loops. I complained they are doing everything wrong.

Sounds stupid right?

That is pretty much what you are doing in some of your arguments. A lot of the things you have argued about are part of TES.

As for it being to easy? Difficulty isn't fine tuned until open beta usually. So you fail at this entire argument right from the start. 

On top of that, you argue that TESO isn't an MMO, when clearly it is to anyone who isn't blind. Your so called proof is that the DEVs said it themselves, even though that really isn't proof. You failed at understanding what that statement actually meant. You took that statement at face value, instead of realizing they stated that to split themselves from the rest of the MMO Market. They said that to clarify, that it is a TES before it's an MMO.

I admit, the way they said it, was dumb. But you are even worse for actually using it in your arguments. If they told you it wasn't an MMO, and it wasn't a single player game, and it wasn't a TES game ...they told you it was real life. Would you believe them, just because they said so? NO .. you wouldn't. Because you cean clearly see what it is. Words don't mean crap.

Someone can tell me a pacman game isn't pacman because they changed the color of pacman to blue, but I know still that it is pacman because it is. I can clearly see it with my eyes.

Someone can tell me a kite isn't a kite because they attached a wire instead of a string to it. However, I still know it's a kite. I don't need a person telling me what it is that I can clearly see with my own eyes. Anyone who says it isn't a kite because the person said it wasn't is an idiot.

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by keithian

Thats the thing, most Skyrim fans dont want to be locked into the trinity. AGAIN, if they did that to this game they would alienate most of that user base.

One would think having a subscription would alienate their user base. ;)

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Pandamin
    Originally posted by keithian

Thats the thing, most Skyrim fans dont want to be locked into the trinity. AGAIN, if they did that to this game they would alienate most of that user base.

One would think having a subscription would alienate their user base. ;)

I agree, it's why I am always so shocked they chose that. I really don't know what they where thinking. Very, very risky of them. So far most of all my game industry buds have agreed that it is going to have trouble keeping the P2P model. Though there are a few, and when I say few, I mean like 3 or 4 of my buds don't mind the P2P model. Though they didn't specifically say they feel it was the right choice. Actually I find most of the game industry professional are kind of shocked by the P2P choice, as the majority of us believe the model is practically dead. Don't just take my word for it, you can look at videos and articles. Many of which are a bit skeptical or believe they did it full well knowing they would have to go F2P eventually.

Anyway, that was slightly off topic. Sorry.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by HoiPoloi

Actually, Matt Firor just said Dungeons will have difficulty settings from Medium up to "Crazy Hard".

But don't let the truth get in the way of your negative propaganda.

Details here:

And this is common knowledge, but these guys act like they don't know, they seem to have a flare for melodramatics.

The Devs have been very clear that the dungeons would be insanely hard, all the demo videos were set to "easy mode" to showcase the game.

While you guys are in the dungeons however, I will be knee deep in PvP!!

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Actually the subscription model they have chosen should behoove them to make the game more challenging while they work on content updates, fixes, etc...which they will have to constantly deliver to subscribers to keep them playing before they have to take the steady or immediate decline to being just another F2P MMO

I personally want to fight tough MOBs in real time and experience very challenging and rewarding fights alongside my teammates and even solo. I want to hear/see stories and videos of battles against formidible opponents wherein players wipe repeatedly until they realize they got to pay attention and focus on what their role is in situational combat scenerios and overcome their assailants and share those stories and videos as well. This is simply said, awesome marketing strategy at its finest in this genre.

Remember watching beta videos of World of Warcraft PvE/PvP? I sure do and consider this is real time combat where skill plays much more of a role then even the best battles ever would in previous MMORPGs.

I want to utilize voice communication while grouping with my fellow guild members as there isn't any other way to be truly effective in a game utilizing real time combat.

All the so called Elder Scrolls game fans shouldn't bring this MMO to its knees cuz they want a casual players wetdream where they are the main character/Hero as was the case in this single player franchise. Time to embrace the fact your playing alongside/with/against/for other players in an MMORPG and wake the freak up already...

Subscription model demands long term viability.

Uh just viewed this and that is why I edited this post; Looks like difficulty levels can be adjusted for certain instanced dungeons and this should please alot of interested people. Also, looks like you can solo in the game to max level so that should please single player elder scrolls fans as well.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by Voqar

Um, TESO is a single player game like GW2.  There are no roles, there is no trinity, there will be no structured grouping, just zergs of various sizes.

A group of 5 soloists sharing a chat and instance isn't much of a group - just like in GW2.  TESO will be the same.  You can artificially induce difficulty in this style but it can never match the strategic sophistication of truly cooperative, structured, and role-based grouping.

Zerg harder, damn yas!

Yep well said...ESO specializes in single player games.....Expecting them to come up with challenging multiplayer material is going to be difficult.