Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

So I saw some brief information/videos about housing.  How it all will be in one zone (ALA Dark age of Camelot, with houses being visible to everyone, basically you walk down a road and houses are everywhere to be seen) which I think is a great idea, versus say the Everquest2 version of "you all walk through the same door to an instanced version of your house."

------------

So with that all in mind, my questions:

1) Will housing be limited?  Are there only a certain amount of plots that are available?  Basically first come first serve, if you don't get a "plot" soon enough, you just won't be able to have a house? (Or are there lots of "districts" with plenty of housing for everyone?)

2) I assume there will be rent of some sort?

3) Selling your house.  I wonder if I claim one of the more premium "spots" in the district, if I can somehow transfer my deed to someone else for coin?  (Not that I WANT this in, I don't know, I am just curious.)

4) Can you own multiple houses?  Or can you own a house in every city?  Or just limited to 1 house per account? Or 1 house per character?

5) I know there are the crafting jobs, I assume one of them, the carpenter? will make furniture for the houses?

6) With the crafting in mind...do houses come as is?  (as in all houses are pre-built you just choose your house.) or do you buy your plot so to speak, then choose the type of house you want to be placed on that plot?

------------

If there is a link to a similar post already made, feel free to link it!  I looked through a couple pages of posts and couldn't find a post about housing.

Or perhaps if this information is on the web somewhere, link me that!

Or...just add your own questions/opinions about housing!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I know this is asking way to much and it will never happen but..... I want to be able to setup a shop at my house. I'm getting to think I will never see this in a mmo again. :(
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

1. Housing is done in instanced neighborhoods consisting of 3 large, 7 medium, and 20 small for a total of 30 houses per instance.

2. no rent

3. you can sell your plot

4. tentatively yes

5. yes

6. there is a premade house on a plot. you can change interiors and exteriors including roof,wall,floor,yard, types colors textures etc

I made a video, but I took it down because I didnt want a banham ;P

Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    I know this is asking way to much and it will never happen but..... I want to be able to setup a shop at my house. I'm getting to think I will never see this in a mmo again. :(
    Yes your retainers (vendors) can be setup at your house. They can also be placed in the neighborhood shopping disctricts
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Zeppelin4

Yes your retainers (vendors) can be setup at your house. They can also be placed in the neighborhood shopping disctricts

0_0 ........ falls over and passes out. :P

• yellowozyellowoz Member Posts: 16
    I don't quite understand why you would want your retainer selling in the housing area.  With so many different instances, it seems like you would get dramatically more business having them sell on the regional market.  If I am missing something please elighten me because I am very interested in the housing.

Originally posted by yellowoz
    I don't quite understand why you would want your retainer selling in the housing area.  With so many different instances, it seems like you would get dramatically more business having them sell on the regional market.  If I am missing something please elighten me because I am very interested in the housing.

In the game world, theres a market board. Looks like a cork board. You can browse retainers from all neighborhoods there. This is similar to swg bazaar terminals where you could see player's vendors then travel to their house to buy the items. At the entrance to each neighborhood, there is a local market board for that particular neighborhood so you can quickly see what that whole place has at a glance.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

Maybe for role playing purposes, or maybe they are allowing free companies to create there own neighborhoods and so they sell stuff between themselves and give guild mates good deals, that would make the most sense.

Another thing to note, Yoshi had said that housing will actually be pretty expensive. I think somewhere I read it will require at least 3 lvl 50 characters life savings.

In the game world, theres a market board. Looks like a cork board. You can browse retainers from all neighborhoods there. This is similar to swg bazaar terminals where you could see player's vendors then travel to their house to buy the items. At the entrance to each neighborhood, there is a local market board for that particular neighborhood so you can quickly see what that whole place has at a glance.

I guess I wasn't really clear.  As it stands right now, there are market boards in each of the main cities.  If those boards are not linked to the boards in the housing areas, it puts you at a disadvantage.  For example if I am in LL, and I see someone has something for sale there, and there is another for sale in Myst for a little cheaper, I am not going to run all the way out to Myst to save a few gil.  On the other hand, if Myst is part of LL's market boards, then you are not really setting up your own shop in the sense of what the other poster would like to do.

Originally posted by Torcip

Maybe for role playing purposes, or maybe they are allowing free companies to create there own neighborhoods and so they sell stuff between themselves and give guild mates good deals, that would make the most sense.

Another thing to note, Yoshi had said that housing will actually be pretty expensive. I think somewhere I read it will require at least 3 lvl 50 characters life savings.

The actual quote by Yoshi was to get a medium sized house, it would be the equivalent cost of all of the quests rewards for leveling 3 characters to 50.

omg I"m sold... I'm going to pre order now thanks for the info!

The one thing that the Devs have said about housing that troubles me is with the opening of new instances.  It sounds like the largest 3 plots are going to be insanely expensive.   If they don't open a new instance till the 1st is completley full, what if I want a small house but everything is taken except for the huge, could I be waiting for months for a new instance to open?
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    The one thing that the Devs have said about housing that troubles me is with the opening of new instances.  It sounds like the largest 3 plots are going to be insanely expensive.   If they don't open a new instance till the 1st is completley full, what if I want a small house but everything is taken except for the huge, could I be waiting for months for a new instance to open?

They'll probably create new instances every time the small houses fill up.  The medium and large will probably stay open for a while.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Torcip

They'll probably create new instances every time the small houses fill up.  The medium and large will probably stay open for a while.

I wonder if you will be able to have "guild instances"...or if they will have that option.

Not that I mind so much having random strangers as my neighbors, I know some people..guilds or just friends, will want their houses near each other, rather than in separate instances.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Other thing I'm curious about is how easy would it be to have your house in the same neighborhood as friends or if it's not really possible.
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by striderbob
    Other thing I'm curious about is how easy would it be to have your house in the same neighborhood as friends or if it's not really possible.

Hah! I was just wondering this myself!  And thanks everyone so far for all the great information!

Originally posted by Dragim

Hah! I was just wondering this myself!  And thanks everyone so far for all the great information!

While I am not sure, I would imagine when you enter there will be some kind of list as to which instance to enter, otherwise you would not be able to shop around at peoples retainers.  If not, going in as a gorup should work.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

It seems like the smart approach would be to give players tradable ownership deeds.  So, if you friend has a house in one spot you could trade houses with his next door neighbor(assuming they were willing) to live next to them.

Otherwise, I guess you'd have to go house shopping together in a new instance or something.  Does anyone know if you get deeds or anything like that?

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Lokero

It seems like the smart approach would be to give players tradable ownership deeds.  So, if you friend has a house in one spot you could trade houses with his next door neighbor(assuming they were willing) to live next to them.

Otherwise, I guess you'd have to go house shopping together in a new instance or something.  Does anyone know if you get deeds or anything like that?

Since the plots of land are sellable it could theoretically work, the neighbor could sell you his for  1 gil and you sell yours to the neighbor for 1 gil. Might make it too easy to get ripped off though if they keeps yours and don't sell theres. I'm sure there must be an easier way.