Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error 3 when putting in my early access code

SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Decided to activate my code from the ShopTo website just now and tried entering my early access code only to get an "error 3: there was a problem, please try again later"

Is anyone else getting this problem? It's pretty vague so I don't have a clue if it's a problem with the code or the servers themselves or something. 

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    If you spent FIVE SECONDS looking at the first 5 threads in the FFXIV ARR forum you would easily know that many people are having the issue you are having and you would also know what to do and when to expect your code.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    It's a widespread problem, SE are aware of the issue and said they are working on the problem.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Sephiroso
    If you spent FIVE SECONDS looking at the first 5 threads in the FFXIV ARR forum you would easily know that many people are having the issue you are having and you would also know what to do and when to expect your code.

Instead I spent FIVE SECONDS making this topic.  The threads I checked out seem to be people having problems receiving their early access codes.. seeing as I already have mine, I didn't figure it was worth spending TEN SECONDS looking any further and went for the faster option. 

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Senden

Instead I spent FIVE SECONDS making this topic.  The threads I checked out seem to be people having problems receiving their early access codes.. seeing as I already have mine, I didn't figure it was worth spending TEN SECONDS looking any further and went for the faster option. 

Pay no attention to him, he seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today. As I said the problem is widespread and SE are aware and working on the issue :)

No signature, I don't have a pen

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kqpcc/preorder_site_not_currently_working_as_intended/

Keep an eye on this thread, should receive emails within the next few days as to when you can enter your code.

Originally posted by Lazarus71
    Originally posted by Senden

Pay no attention to him, he seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today. As I said the problem is widespread and SE are aware and working on the issue :)

i didn't get up on the wrong side of the bed today, it's a major pet peeve of mine when people come here and post a new thread for a question when literally there's a thread detailing what they want to know within the first 5 topics if he just deigned to look he would have had his answer.

personally i see it as a direct correlation to why most of our games are easy mode now. people just want shit handed to them nowadays(in this example, he wanted information just handed to him when it was already easily accessible.)

• tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40
    it happened to me, but i still received my 20 digit code a few hours later by email
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    I just registered my 2 early access codes, didnt get any issues, might be up and running now.
  • XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

Early Access information will be available to all on the 27th

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70

Little more complicated than that.

There are people who have received codes but they don't work, there are others who received codes but for the wrong region, the FF14 Twitter says they shut down code registration, but then there is another more recent Tweet that they fixed the issue for some people. The NA people may have a different code system than the EU people, and people who pre oredered through Amazon or third party are getting codes in a different manner than people who ordered through SE and got an 18 digit code immediately. There was some confusion over which account to log into when trying to register codes, and confusion in general because some are having an issue with an 18 digit code while others are having issues with a 20 digit code.

I really can't blame people for being confused. 

Regardless, his thread title says he got Error 3 when he put in his early access code. At the time he made this thread, there was a topic goign on already about Error code 3. So my complaint/point/rant still stands

Regardless, his thread title says he got Error 3 when he put in his early access code. At the time he made this thread, there was a topic goign on already about Error code 3. So my complaint/point/rant still stands

Congratulations, you win!

Originally posted by ZeroPointNRG

Thanks *tears up* thats all i wanted.

Wait, where's my medal. It doesn't count if there isn't a medal. And a ceremony. And a carriage to carry me out.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Technically, you were supposed to wait for the email telling you to go input your code.  Those emails havent gone out yet, I dont think.  That said, it might have worked even if it didnt seem to.  You can check at na.square-enix.com/us/home, or eu.square-enix.com/en/home if you are in europe.  Login and click My Profile.  If it registered you then it will show the game and a current registration date.

Wait, where's my medal. It doesn't count if there isn't a medal. And a ceremony. And a carriage to carry me out.

Being right on the internet is very important.

Your advice actually isn't that great, there are multiple threads about error 3 on the FF14 beta forums, all saying different things. Some relating it to congestion, some like the guy above me saying it's because the codes haven't gone out yet, (error 3 is related to the 18 digit code some of us have already gotten). Some were getting error 3 before they disabled the ability to enter codes, you will probably get error 3 now too, so it really is just a generic error code. One tech savvy guy made a post that error 3 was related to the website behaving abnormally and not logging you in correctly. So, if he went to the official forums he would see that others are indeed having the issue, but really it's not like there are definitive answers there. The best source of info is probably the FF14 Twitter, that's where the devs are sharing the latest info, not the forums. 

Your advice actually isn't that great, there are multiple threads about error 3 on the FF14 beta forums, all saying different things. Some relating it to congestion, some like the guy above me saying it's because the codes haven't gone out yet, (error 3 is related to the 18 digit code some of us have already gotten). Some were getting error 3 before they disabled the ability to enter codes, you will probably get error 3 now too, so it really is just a generic error code. One tech savvy guy made a post that error 3 was related to the website behaving abnormally and not logging you in correctly. So, if he went to the official forums he would see that others are indeed having the issue, but really it's not like there are definitive answers there. The best source of info is probably the FF14 Twitter, that's where the devs are sharing the latest info, not the forums. 

1 thing, when did i ever mention the ff14 beta forums? I believe we're on mmorpg.com forums soo....why would you assume i was talking about ff14 beta forums? And as i said...you know what, no im not even gonna repeat myself lol.

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

Just a headsup from a 1.0 CE user, I entered my 18 digit code from Amazon onto the early access site, it finally worked just now(12:30 EST). It brought me to another webpage that had a 20 character code, that I then was instructed to enter into one of the square enix accounting site.

edit: Still no focking idea if I have enabled Early Access.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

1 thing, when did i ever mention the ff14 beta forums? I believe we're on mmorpg.com forums soo....why would you assume i was talking about ff14 beta forums? And as i said...you know what, no im not even gonna repeat myself lol.

"FF14 ARR forums" is a rather ambiguous term. Generally speaking, unless they specifically indicate otherwise, when someone mentions a game's forum by name, I'm going to assume they mean the official forums. I think that's standard practice. 

Also, you seem to be under the impression that the OP is having issues because the codes haven't gone out yet. Many of us have our 18 digit code, some have already successfully entered them and posted screenshots to prove it. 

"FF14 ARR forums" is a rather ambiguous term. Generally speaking, unless they specifically indicate otherwise, when someone mentions a game's forum by name, I'm going to assume they mean the official forums. I think that's standard practice. 

this post, this thread, the forums we are currently speaking in is the ff14 ARR forums on the website mmorpg.com. also the fact that i said in the time it took him to make this post if he just spent 5 seconds he would have found the thread that had his answers should also suggest i meant on this website.

if i meant beta forums i would have simply said beta forums or said ff14 arr beta forums.

its okay though, it was your misunderstanding and its clarified now. i forgive you

this post, this thread, the forums we are currently speaking in is the ff14 ARR forums on the website mmorpg.com. also the fact that i said in the time it took him to make this post if he just spent 5 seconds he would have found the thread that had his answers should also suggest i meant on this website.

if i meant beta forums i would have simply said beta forums or said ff14 arr beta forums.

its okay though, it was your misunderstanding and its clarified now. i forgive you

What thread would that be? I'm looking through what would have been the first 5 threads on this forum when the OP posted his thread. I don't see any that are specifically labeled error 3, nor do i see any that definitively answer what error 3 is about. I see it mentioned maybe once in threads that were trending at the time he posted, with no real answers. 

Either way, I just think you were going out of your way to run your mouth to him, for whatever reason. What you posted wasn't even correct about these forums or the codes.

Have a good one dude. 

This discussion has been closed.