Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Culling gone from game - PERIOD!!

13»

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Volkon

Four live teams, don't know what the total is. However that doesn't mean idle people... other groups are working on other things. There's an sPvP team, a balance team, a WvW team, and teams working on larger things to be added. Living Story isn't the only thing I'm saying is being worked on, sorry if that came across wrong. But when something large is built odds are it'll be added with a Living Story release instead of bundled up in a future expansion.

When they announced it, they said 50 peeps for the live team, split in many groups.

The living world won;t be the 50 peeps exclusively.

Anet had for a great part of GW2 development was under 150 peeps.

They are working in an expansion. They said they were, then they weren't but they were, etc.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359
    Too late but glad you have a working game now.
    Originally posted by Markusrind
    Too late but glad you have a working game now.

And one of the few with a projectile physic engine online that allows for more than 32 04 64 players at that.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Yea with Culling gone I realize just how many people play this game. I thought WoW would get crowded in the main cities. I was in LA last night around 8pm and my god, it was shoulder to shoulder. Just between the Trading Post and the Bank there were hundreds.. hundreds of players there.

I haven't done a world boss yet but I bet they are crazy.

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by caetftl

People can just look at post history where I quote your posts and they will see you dodge every time you misconstrue something and are called on it. 

Still waiting for you to show me where I said all of gw2's sales are from cash shop, since you accused me of saying such a thing. 

Uh no.

This demonstrates the basic problem.

You don't understand what I just said.  Just like you don't understand and think GW2 servers have a 1500 person limit (Hahaha), or that culling = phasing.

When I was suggesting that you thought all of GW2s sales were from cash shop, it was to explain that was one of the only ways what you said made any sense.

Because you kept arguing that 20% drop in sales is directly correlated to a 20% drop in interest.  And I said even THEN, that's shaky.  20% drop in subscription (A P2P model) would show 20% less people, but a 20% drop where a large portion of their profit model involves box sales?  That's different.

But.

You won't understand what I just said now, either.  Everybody else understands what I'm saying.  You don't.  I get it.  Don't worry about it.  Just be satisfied knowing I didn't accuse you of that, I was coming up with helpful wild crazy theories you could be pushing that would make your statements make more sense.   :)  (Mostly as a method of showing the problem with the logic you were using)

I've explained that SEVERAL times, but you keep going back and saying 'prove I said that'

Which I can't.  Because you didn't say that, it's just that if you HAD say that, you would be showing a better grasp of economics.    (You would just be really confused about GW2 pricing) 

Don't know what to tell you bud... post history says it all... you blatantly misconstrue what people say, then you refuse to answer when called on it to prove how what they said translates to what you misconstrue it as.  Try to twist and skew previous discussions as much as you want, it's in my history where I quote you, everytime you do it, and you never address it. 

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Use the block function :) makes the conversation MUCH more sane.

On topic: They need to separate WvW and PvE culling in the options. Don't know how they missed that.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

You don't understand what I just said.  Just like you don't understand and think GW2 servers have a 1500 person limit (Hahaha), or that culling = phasing.

Don't know what to tell you bud... post history says it all... you blatantly misconstrue what people say, then you refuse to answer when called on it to prove how what they said translates to what you misconstrue it as.  Try to twist and skew previous discussions as much as you want, it's in my history where I quote you, everytime you do it, and you never address it. 

Hey caef you have been called on the 1500 person limit per server ....it's pretty simple put up or shut up ,once you stray away from opinions and start trying to use real numbers  you actually need proof

Originally posted by Bad.dog

Hey caef you have been called on the 1500 person limit per server ....it's pretty simple put up or shut up ,once you stray away from opinions and start trying to use real numbers  you actually need proof

Why would I feel obligated to do that when earnings reports and official gw2 wikis aren't enough evidence for other things?  You guys just don't seem to want to accept the cold hard facts... but here's the thing... what I say is true... I've provided evidence, it has been proven... what meowhead does is simply misconstrue what others are saying, I myself do not do that, i'll let people say whatever they want, and i'll treat it exactly as they intend it to mean, I won't twist it on them, because that is tacky and a sign of being on the losing sign... anyway... when people can graciously admit they were dead wrong about the china numbers, the earnings report, and gw2 culling/phasing wiki... then you can demand more proof, until then proof doesn't seem to matter in your minds. 

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Why would I feel obligated to do that when earnings reports and official gw2 wikis aren't enough evidence for other things?  You guys just don't seem to want to accept the cold hard facts... but here's the thing... what I say is true... I've provided evidence, it has been proven... what meowhead does is simply misconstrue what others are saying, I myself do not do that, i'll let people say whatever they want, and i'll treat it exactly as they intend it to mean, I won't twist it on them, because that is tacky and a sign of being on the losing sign... anyway... when people can graciously admit they were dead wrong about the china numbers, the earnings report, and gw2 culling/phasing wiki... then you can demand more proof, until then proof doesn't seem to matter in your minds. 

LOL as I thought instead of a long winded bullshit statement just show me where it states a 1500 player per server cap ? Once a proven liar always thought of as a liar I'm afraid ....but don't worry I don't need facts "I'll take your word for it "

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Guys  - ANY BULLSHIT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AS I AM THE OP.

I asked for opinions on what people thought about culling no longer being used. Instead I get shit like ' the servers only support 1500 peoples' - BLAH BLAH BLAH.

That is not what I asked for. I have flagged any response that is about anything but that.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Why do you guys keep making these threads only to tell the haters not to post? What did you think would happen? Are you doing this on purpose?

I own the game. I log in. When I do I see people. Lots of people. Always lots of people running around. Never once did i ever feel the game was in trouble in terms of an active population. And that was when there was culling. But there are still players in GW2. Always, lots and lots of players. We all know this is true.

So why? Why bait these arguments?

I wanted people's assessment OUTSIDE  of the 'official forums'. What is hard to understand about that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Distopia

Why do you guys keep making these threads only to tell the haters not to post? What did you think would happen? Are you doing this on purpose?

I own the game. I log in. When I do I see people. Lots of people. Always lots of people running around. Never once did i ever feel the game was in trouble in terms of an active population. And that was when there was culling. But there are still players in GW2. Always, lots and lots of players. We all know this is true.

I was going to ask the same thing and changed my mind, I'm glad someone did, many GW2 threads seem to be a call to come troll the game.

It is a forum about GW2.

Apparently writing a fact - culling was removed and you can see more players now - coupled with an opinion - it is impressive how many people play this game - is a bait thread now.

I guess for some people the only good thread about GW2 will be "GW2 closed is servers".

People, just let it go. You will be happier.

Let what go?  I have no opinion one way or another about GW2, I'm certainly not "negative nancy" about it... This is what I'm referring to; as well as this "negative Nancy's please go elsewhere." Or the age old "usual suspects" lead in to posts about information.... It's unnecessary, all it does is invite that type of behavior and feed it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

I was going to ask the same thing and changed my mind, I'm glad someone did, many GW2 threads seem to be a call to come troll the game.

It is a forum about GW2.

Apparently writing a fact - culling was removed and you can see more players now - coupled with an opinion - it is impressive how many people play this game - is a bait thread now.

I guess for some people the only good thread about GW2 will be "GW2 closed is servers".

Let what go?  I have no opinion one way or another about GW2, I'm certainly not "negative nancy" about it... This is what I'm referring to; as well as this "negative Nancy's please go elsewhere." Or the age old "usual suspects" lead in to posts about information.... It's unnecessary, all it does is invite that type of behavior and feed it.

Yep it is in extremely poor taste when people can't absorb or respond to what is actually said, and instead just throw out ad hominem attacks to try and discredit any post in their mind. 

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I have been enjoying the no culling alot lately. Me and some players were waiting on Tequatil and ended up running a bunch of the DE's while we waited and we all started chatting it up talking about well anything then when the dragon spawned all went silent till the fight was over we all got in a group to go into Orr and clear some of the major DE's like the shrines its was fun.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

It is a forum about GW2.

If people read "culling is gone. It is impressive to really see how many people are in the game" and feel it is a bait thread, they do have a problem.

If someone write "it is impressive how many players are in x place in SWTOR" or in EVE or in WOW or in FFXIV or in EQ, etc, in each of its own game forums, I certainly don't feel baited to go and post there.

I won't even read it in the first place because I don't care about games I'm not playing.

Apparently you don't even have an opinion about GW2, just about those that play it and post about it.

Geezergamer post and yours are actually much more flame bait than anything in the OP.

So if you don't play GW2, you don't have an opinion about it, what are you doing around?

Or was it just because you don't play GW2 you thought the OP was saying "GW2 has no culling opposed to all other games out there and look at how many players the game has compared to all other games"?

If you played the game you would know that if you arrived at the bank in Lion's Arch (or at World Boss location) you would see 5 people, 2 seconds later you would see 20 people appearing (they were already there just not being shown on your screen). Now you see 40 or 50 people (that were there before, but due to culling weren't being drawn).