Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously have you guys even PLAYED Guild Wars 2?

2»

Comments

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    If you want a full solo game you shouldn't be playing mmos. Single player rpgs are probably what you're looking for - and they tend to be far better than mmos story and combat wise. 
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     Watching Tim Tebow throwing an incomplete pass is more enjoyable then GW2, sorry for going this deep on it but as others stated before me, GW2 is more of a single player game rather then a MMO.   If I'm playing a MMORPG it's to play with others and have fun, not going through 95% of the content solo.
  • yammy_thoyammy_tho Member UncommonPosts: 14

Sure have. After the first two months of playing, getting to 80, doing map completion, I thought... isn't there anything else to do? 

Nope, there wasn't... at the time!

I just got back into it after a good 9 or 10 month break. It's actually changed A LOT. They've added a lot of new stuff plus new updates every few weeks or so, so that you don't get too bored again ( you already knew that part). My favorite part they've added is the achievement chests. Finally those points are worth something (seriously, they give you gold and other things...lol)

The economy has also become a little more stable. Not perfect, but just throwing that out there as well.

It's not my ideal game, and I wish it had a lot of the things gw1 had, but the fact that it is constantly evolving gives me hope that *maybe* it will be the game I stick with. 

For those of you that have only played the first month or so, give it another shot. It has certainly changed for the better. Maybe not with my personal "wish to see" list, but there is definitely much more to do now. 

:)

• Lowfer69Lowfer69 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420
    Because its fucking amazing.

Yes, amazingly boring......

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by uplink4242
    If you want a full solo game you shouldn't be playing mmos. Single player rpgs are probably what you're looking for - and they tend to be far better than mmos story and combat wise. 

First, it is not mutually exclusive to play SP RPGs and solo MMOs.

Secondly, there are plenty of reasons to do so.

Here are some:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5903519/thread/393247#5903519
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Been playing since release, still having a blast, and got a post in before the thread gets moved to the GW2 section. Go me!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I liked it a lot when I played it, felt unique in terms of going through the world: you could go anywhere and find something to do. Really unique and great ideas with downleveling, weapon skills, global auction house, buff / debuff system, combat etc.

Also a lot of attention to detail with some truly incredible exploration content.

It also had a number of problems though: difficulty in coordinating groups between different overflow servers (definitely at the start), very zerg-like PvE in many cases, no real point in doing certain PvE content after a while, pointless multiple guild system...

The biggest problem with the game is the fact that you're often playing NEXT to people in the open world, instead of playing WITH them. I never had so little contact playing alongside others as I had in GW2.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by uplink4242
    Bread crunb trail game that feels linear with no real purpose other than some wvw arenas and random events for 'fun'. There's no sense of longtime progression and it feels like playing a single player game for the most part. Crafting was also pretty pointless when I played it (a year ago). I didn't like it, because it didn't offer what I was looking for in an mmo. 

While some of your comments are true (lack of long-form progression), calling it "linear" when it has probably the least linear zone progression on the market is a bit odd -- and crafting was impressively useful not just for being able to create the gear with exactly the stats you want but also for the fact that it generates completely ridiculous amounts of XP.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

The biggest problem with the game is the fact that you're often playing NEXT to people in the open world, instead of playing WITH them. I never had so little contact playing alongside others as I had in GW2.

Very astute observation, I also found that by the time I had hit Orr, and spent a number of weeks running around there it all became a huge grind.

Basically running  between the large dragon spawns, farming components and dungeon runs. I played for a number of months from release and then finally just didn't feel like logging in.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this since there's no substance to this or anything for people to discuss.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.