Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stone & Steel - [Dwarf/Gnome RP guild]

WarfieldWarfield Member UncommonPosts: 15

.::] STONE & STEEL [::.
www.stoneandsteelguild.com
- Server: Telon (well, there's only one ye know!)
- Type: Roleplaying
- Races: Dwarf and Gnome
- Classes: All
- Alignment: Lawful-Good
- Recruiter(s): Warfeild

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The Dwarfs of Bordinar's Cleft and the Gnomes of Mekalia have formed an alliance of the deep dark! This alliance of STONE & STEEL is recruiting Dwarf and Gnome adventurers, tradefolk and emissaries of any beard length to become champions of the underhalls and deep realms of Telon!

Speak with one of our Thanes for more information or visit our halls at www.stoneandsteelguild.com to learn more about us.

Out of Character (ooc):

Stone and Steel is a well established roleplaying guild made up of older gamers in the EST-PST time zones. The guild atmosphere is family-friendly and fun. We are one of the oldest Dwarf-only guilds in existence today and one of the most successful with a long and proven track record in several games. Still lead today by its founder, Warfield Goblincleaver, Stone and Steel originated as the Champions of Brell in Everquest on the Bertoxxulous server in August of 1999.

We welcome folks who enjoy playing Dwarfs or Gnomes as their primary character and seek to build long-lasting friendships in our Dwarf/Gnome-themed roleplay environment. If you too seek the camaraderie of like-minded players, then stop by our Beardlings Barracks and submit an application to join.

REQUIREMENTS
In order to join Stone and Steel you must meet the following requirements:

- Must be a Dwarf or Gnome!
- Have an appropriate name.
- Be respectful of others.

VALUES
The member of Stone and Steel value the following:

- Honor: Being respectful of others and keeping your word.
- Valor: Standing our ground when others flee.
- Friendship: Building longstanding relationships while gaming together.
- Roleplaying: Remaining in character and not using "leet speak" in guild chat.

BENEFITS
While on your journey to becoming a battle-hardened Longbeard...

- Discover all of Vanguards facets in a low-pressure environment alongside those still learning the game.
- Build long-lasting friendships with gamers just like you, some of which who have been with the guild for 10+ years!
- Participate in weekly guild events, from dungeon crawls, socializing, and building a town, to dueling and grudge settling.

HOW DO I JOIN?
If Stone and Steel sounds like your next home...

Visit our Beardlings Barracks at http://stoneandsteel.yuku.com/forums/5/Beardlings-Barracks and submit an application to join.

Warfield Runeaxe
Dwarf Lord of < Stone and Steel >

Comments

• WarfieldWarfield Member UncommonPosts: 15

Greetings all,

We're off to a great start here in Telon so far. The world is exceptionally challenging, but that's how we like it! Last weekend we headed into Khegor's End, it was very dark and hard to see, with dangerous groups of creatures at every turn!

As for the status on Dread Knights and Necromancers, we finished putting the matter to a vote and it has been decided to allow them into the guild so long as they are not roleplayed as evil characters.

See you in Telon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oIswELQPWU

Warfield Runeaxe

Greetings all,

We are still very active in the lands of Telon! If you are a Dwarf or Gnome looking for a home, then look no further than Stone & Steel! Until then, feel free to take a gander at our latest excursion into the dungeon known as Khegor's End.

Cheers!
    Warfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslyN4ikfQU

Warfield Runeaxe

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

Vanguard is a game on lifesupport with barely a pulse. and you're being so exclusive  to only accept 2 races, enforcing class restrictions and they must be RP'ers?  ummm good luck with that.

And not being a jerk but maybe make a video showing some more guild activity other than 2minutes in a dungeon group killing a small group of trash mobs.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Reehay

Vanguard is a game on lifesupport with barely a pulse. and you're being so exclusive  to only accept 2 races, enforcing class restrictions and they must be RP'ers?  ummm good luck with that.

And not being a jerk but maybe make a video showing some more guild activity other than 2minutes in a dungeon group killing a small group of trash mobs.

No, you are being a jerk. Also, who the fuck are you to tell them how they should play? They are actually doing quite well in Vanguard.

So ummm good luck being a tool. But it doesn't look like you need any luck in that department.

Originally posted by Reehay

I have to disagree about Vanguard being "on lifesupport with barely a pulse". I met with the devs in Vegas at SOE Live this year (a really engaging group of folks, by the way) and they are working very hard at fixing the networking backend and some of the core features of the game. This is supposed to reduce "lag" and help them add new content to the game. I am told they barely had a presence at last year's SOE Live event. This year SOE spent more money promoting Vanguard and they quadrupled the attendance at their booths over last year (and that's in light of the world release of Everquest Next). So they are definitely getting support from SOE.

As for the exclusivity of the guild, I agree, and I knew it was going to be a major challenge. Fortunately, our guild has been active since 1999 and because of the bonds we've built over the years, many have joined us in Vanguard. What is surprising (actually shocking) is the number of NEW members we've gathered. We are doing much, much better than I have expected.

We have recruited significantly more members in Vanguard than we did in Rift or Darkfall (which were the last two games we actually tried to recruit for). It might be due to the fact that Vanguard's atmosphere really lends itself to roleplaying, and both Dwarfs and Gnomes can play any class. I really don't know the reasons, but I'm very pleased with how things are going so far.

As for nature of the videos, there isn't a whole lot of Vanguard videos on YouTube, let alone ones of lower level dungeons, and certainly none of all dwarf/gnome roleplaying guilds. I think the fact we aren't downing a boss mob in any of them isn't really important. We have slain several of the bosses in these dungeons, we just haven't put them on YouTube yet.

Warfield Runeaxe