Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Concept - Reviving Dungoen Hack in modern era

joonkp1976joonkp1976 Member Posts: 93

Dungeon hack...  If you have played it you will remember the goodness.  Random seed generated dungeon for you to hack and slash and cast through.  But if this was to be revived in modern era, things need updating majorly.

Same old unlimited replayability focused random seed generated dungeons as well this time around turn based combat, well how about that.  Same old good first person perspective dungeon crawling and turn base combat mode to allow deeper combat mechanics then just click slash andd/or cast missiles.  i was thinking about good old square boxes horizontal and vertial for characters and enemies allowing for moves, attacks, etc.  Presetting formation for your characters would be top priority in this sense.

Combat...  Physical and magic.  Physical be melees and ranged shots, and magic be casts of bolts and clouds.  Since I said Dungeon Hack which was based on D&D 2.0 I am now meaning combat like D&D.  Combat and magic more as Master of Magic would suffice needless to say.  It is just that good of a game that I still play almost every day over modern games like Warlock : Master of Arcane and Elemental : Fallen Enchantress.  Search google for 'master of magic gog download' and you will see the genre defining master piece for yourself.  Anyways...

Good old D&D 286/386/486 days...  I still think about how Neverwinter Nights on AOL that charged $1.99 an hour was so successfull.  Well there were no others so.  Even with the industry nowadays going up over the hill with the newer and other concepts D&D will always be in the hearts of many, like me...  Well enough for now.  DO CHECK OUT 'MASTER OF MAGIC GOG DOWNLOAD' on google...  You will be glad you did.  Well thanks and happy gaming, folks~!

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by joonkp1976

Dungeon hack...  If you have played it you will remember the goodness.  Random seed generated dungeon for you to hack and slash and cast through.  But if this was to be revived in modern era, things need updating majorly.

Same old unlimited replayability focused random seed generated dungeons as well this time around turn based combat, well how about that.  Same old good first person perspective dungeon crawling and turn base combat mode to allow deeper combat mechanics then just click slash andd/or cast missiles.  i was thinking about good old square boxes horizontal and vertial for characters and enemies allowing for moves, attacks, etc.  Presetting formation for your characters would be top priority in this sense.

Combat...  Physical and magic.  Physical be melees and ranged shots, and magic be casts of bolts and clouds.  Since I said Dungeon Hack which was based on D&D 2.0 I am now meaning combat like D&D.  Combat and magic more as Master of Magic would suffice needless to say.  It is just that good of a game that I still play almost every day over modern games like Warlock : Master of Arcane and Elemental : Fallen Enchantress.  Search google for 'master of magic gog download' and you will see the genre defining master piece for yourself.  Anyways...

Good old D&D 286/386/486 days...  I still think about how Neverwinter Nights on AOL that charged $1.99 an hour was so successfull.  Well there were no others so.  Even with the industry nowadays going up over the hill with the newer and other concepts D&D will always be in the hearts of many, like me...  Well enough for now.  DO CHECK OUT 'MASTER OF MAGIC GOG DOWNLOAD' on google...  You will be glad you did.  Well thanks and happy gaming, folks~!

Some other good old school hack and slash games to check out while there are:

The Wizardry series

Legend of Grimrock

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre