Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ode to nintendo...

with recent years of crappy system(I dont liek gamecube but it matter of opnion, however a majoirty of public thinks same way) I have disowned my nintendo steadfast product buyment(word? lol) however today my mom(we are forgein came to america when I was 4) says "were you talking about playing nintendo with your friend"... that brought a smile to my face... she doesnt know antything about video games but she rembers the good old trademark nintendo(I think it was my first system if not sega)... tht brought back a lot of good mermories... this post really has nothing to do with anything or even a conclusion... just like to say "ahhh good old nintendo"...

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

dave u bring up a valid point.

i think nintendo and gaming are two words that will always go together. just like romance and casablanca.

but now the gamecube is easily almost as bad as the n64(really crappy compared to PS1), their problem is there always thinking with their head up their ass.

they werent smart enough to release N64 with memory cards cus they thought that concept would work out. and look now its working out for everyone, well excpet for xbox which has a harddrive.

i hated on N64 renting a game then buying it and having to start all over, reason i preferred playstation.

also n64 really didnt have as many games............ PS1 games are still made........ shows which one is better........

sry if im going ........ too much, its just the crappy mood im in.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

sry for double post .......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Nintendo was awesome back in the day. I loved it only becuase of the Zelda & Mega Man games...... Then I got into sports games and bought a sega. Then My sister got a N64 Zelda and Bond were good.  PSX Kicked its ass though so many good games, I played mostly RPG's on it though.

Then My cuzing Had an Xbox when I lived with him which Is Is pretty sweet, So I got a game cube or as I call it Gay Cube. Animal Crossings was a cool game, The wind waker sucked first time dissapointment in a zelda game.

Nintendo is just trying to much weird stuff they are trying to inivate more than they should.They should have put that money into more online gaming like everyone else is. I think they are mostly geared towards the younger audiances. Oh yeah  the game with the congas looks dumb. Metroid prime was a good game though.

Sorry for rambling and beign sparatic with my thoughts. Anyways, I was very disapointed in nintendo so I sold it and got a PS2 played FFX for a while got bored with it Cuz I started playing FFXI online, which was the first MMORPG that I got to play for more than a few hours.

Online gaming has been around for a while, but its still got along way to go. Its so much more fun to have actuall people in your party than you controling them all or playing against the computer than actuall people. Plus you meet new people and there is always goign to be someone better you every once in a while. 

I love MMORPG's and probobly am never going to buy a new gaming console ever again. Any game that is worth playing will come out on pc and be so much better, and alot of pc games never make it to console's. 

So yeah back to the original topic Nintendo rocked in the 80's early 90's and helped pave the way for the gaming industry but now they suck.

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Originally posted by Vampyr

dave u bring up a valid point.
    i think nintendo and gaming are two words that will always go together. just like romance and casablanca.
    but now the gamecube is easily almost as bad as the n64(really crappy compared to PS1), their problem is there always thinking with their head up their ass.
    they werent smart enough to release N64 with memory cards cus they thought that concept would work out. and look now its working out for everyone, well excpet for xbox which has a harddrive.
    i hated on N64 renting a game then buying it and having to start all over, reason i preferred playstation.
    also n64 really didnt have as many games............ PS1 games are still made........ shows which one is better........
    sry if im going ........ too much, its just the crappy mood im in.

Uuuhhhhh, dude wht do u mean????

I own a N64, and not only has it great game (in terms of quality I would say N64 could well beat PS) as it also has memory card... whats this "N64 didnt have memory cards..." its a complete lieur telling ppl.... Although the majory owns the PS and it has more games, N64 is the best imo....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Since many of you know I am now manager of a gaming store *gee*, I have a pretty hardcore set of financial figures when it comes to Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc, etc

First of all, we sell many many MANY PS2 games, followed by X-box, then PSP, then GBA, then Gamecube and finally, DS games (these are posted in order to the amount of sales we recieve...ps2 games being th emost and DS games being dead last)

In terms of Trades, we give 95-100 bucks to the customer if they give us their Xbox and PS2 and 150 bucks for the PSP. The Gamecube we only offer 19 dollars for them. Why? Because we currently have Gamecubes in our backroom brandnew that's been sitting there for months now (literally over a half a year).

We go through our PS2 about 30 consoles a week and usually have about 3 to 4 in stock, our Xbox consoles sell out the minute the are delivered to us (Microsoft doesn't under the supply and demand theory yet) and well.....we just have a TON of gamecubes sitting around...both old and used.

Our Nintendo SPs are still hot sells. I myself bought one and absolutley love them...for the FF series. We give customers 40 bucks if they trade those to us.

However our Nintendo DS is suffering a lot. Last Christmas we received about 75 of them. We have 53 left since the christmas stock. At the release of PSP, we received over 30 tradeins for DSs. Most of these trade ins were from customers who wanted store credit for a PSP (we were running a deal where if they turned in a DS plus three games from any PS2 or XBox, they got a sweet price for the PSP)

I have to agree on a financial standpoint. Nintendo is suffering horribly in the United States. I have no info on oversees info. But I know in the US they are hurting bad. A frequent customer at our store (who works at Best Buy and trades his games to us) told us BestBuy is experiencing the same thing (in Kansas City at least).....no one wants the Game Cube. They even had a sell; 59 bucks and a free game...the sale did not generate many sales.

My opinion?? Nintendo really bombed when they decided to make their GCube games mostly for children....or have them looked like games a child would play. Now, I know there are Gcube games that aren't for kids, but the majority of them are. And...well...in the U.S., the average age of gamers are 28 years old.

So I have to agree. Nintendo is suffering pretty badly in the U.S. Did you know the original GCube Zelda was supposed to be adult oriented? They opted for the cute look with their GCube release. Well, they regretted that. The GCube Zelda sales were second lowest than any other Zelda game they had produced (dead last was Zelda 2...the NES Zelda side scrolling game)

Now, they have created "Legend of Zelda" for GCube thats due out in amonth or two. This one looks like the real deal. Nice, clean cut, adult oriented and Link looks badass. Imagine a cross between Link in Ocarina of time (grown up) combine with the Prince in Prince of Persia: A warrior within; so it looks like GCube is trying to correct the problem.

And, of course the resident evil series....

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

man I dont think it was cosmetic though(the kid feel of gamcube), when I first saw images of it I still tried to support it... I seriously tried convincing all my friends that nintendo what not leave the generation of gamers that grew up on itl... I was so wrong... I was so sad.... the games that came out for it were so crappy.... nothing good that was exclusive with the exception of Metriod and Link... and even they got bashed by communites.... I am sorry nintendo I tried, but in the end you let me down...

PS En can you do me a favor... do you sell video cards at you store?.... screw that could I just get the psp with employee discount :)

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

At first I laughed at the gamecube and called it the gay cube. Then.... I remember out of no where I got the sudden urge to get a gamecube. I thought to myself wtfzorz d00d j00r t3h c00l f0rz g4y cube (translation: what the hell? I am too cool for gamecube).

Well, i ended up getting it (luckly it was $100 dollars at the time). To my suprise they only had one left and i was able to get it. The lady there said they where selling them pretty fast at that time. (game store people arn't trustworth though lol [this included enigma :P])

Ever since then my library grew to around 12 games including resident evil 0 and 4, metroid prime 1 and 2, a bunch of sonic games (I was a sega fanboi when i was young thanks to sonic and mortal kombat) and some others. I yet have to regret getting the games and the gamecube. I do wish that they (the developers) had more trust in gc and make more games for it. That is what i believe made GC not be top, because the devs and publishers thought like most of the other kiddy console gamers, and that is "gamecube is for kiddies".

Originally posted by Zepee

I own a N64, and not only has it great game (in terms of quality I would say N64 could well beat PS) as it also has memory card... whats this "N64 didnt have memory cards..." its a complete lieur telling ppl.... Although the majory owns the PS and it has more games, N64 is the best imo....

DIDNT RELEASE N64 WITH  they made one after that didnt have a quarter of the memory space, doesnt fit in my pocket. and only useful purpose is to convert Gameboy games into N64 with just as bad graphics.

they made their really bad memory card like a 1year after the n64 was released.

and tell me if n64 games are so great compared to PS1 games. why are they still MANUFACTURING PS1 games like resident evil and final fantasy.

when the n64 games have died???

History always decides the winner and since one is still essentially around and getting games still made for it. then playstation wins hands down.

anyway i feel sorry for microsoft, cus xbox sold all of 300 units in japan it just didnt catch on for some reason.

PS en1gma good info and facts, another reason why you are my second favorite mod.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Ogre Battle for the N64 was perhaps one of my favorate games of all time. The story beat the hell out of FFXII and any Xenogear game. I still play it today and it remains my favorate RPG of all time.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Eng summed it up perfectly. I don't know where that other guy got 18 million Gcubes sold but you are way off. There have been more xboxs sold worldwide then Gcubes and MS just recently broke 15mil xbox's sold. Nintendo went from being number one console maker to number three. PS2 > Xbox > Gamecube. They really can't blame anyone but themselves. They asked for the pounding they are taking now when they decided to flat out ignore online gaming. A part of gaming industry that accounts for a couple hundred million of the 40 billion or so that games generate.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

Originally posted by Zepee

DIDNT RELEASE N64 WITH  they made one after that didnt have a quarter of the memory space, doesnt fit in my pocket. and only useful purpose is to convert Gameboy games into N64 with just as bad graphics.

they made their really bad memory card like a 1year after the n64 was released.

and tell me if n64 games are so great compared to PS1 games. why are they still MANUFACTURING PS1 games like resident evil and final fantasy.

when the n64 games have died???

History always decides the winner and since one is still essentially around and getting games still made for it. then playstation wins hands down.

anyway i feel sorry for microsoft, cus xbox sold all of 300 units in japan it just didnt catch on for some reason.

PS en1gma good info and facts, another reason why you are my second favorite mod.

The memory card is below the game cartridge.

Man, if that cant fit in your pocket, stop wearing goddamn tights.

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

well u see that memory card there? I have one that costed 10$ and it can store all the games u own and a few more... its a memory card with 4 different storage parts, its really huge. I have like 13 games stored into it and I still got empty space....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld