Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: Brad McQuaid at GU

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Woody Hearn, perhaps better known for his fabled GUComics than his interviews has conducted a good length interview with Brad McQuaid, the pointman for the upcoming MMORPG Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

I guess that's the real catch-22. The fundamental advancement mechanism in these games, unlike say an FPS, RTS, etc., is time invested. You advance primarily by the time you invest into playing the game (although there are certainly other factors -- who your friends are, how well you socialize and maintain relationships, your general knowledge of the world, gameplay strategy, etc.). And as long other games in the genre really do seem to have created a product that promotes the selection of "group mates" based entirely on the items they carry.

Click here to read the full interview over at GUComics.

Remember, you can also take a peek at Woody and other comics from around the web in our Cool Comics section!

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Brad is a GREAT guy.

However, if peoples ENJOY the process, buying and seling would almost be non-existant.  Group uberness to groupers.  Raiding uberness to raiders.  As long as grouping uberness would be given to raiders, the problem will be rampant and, I will be happy to be blessing Yantis in the IGE holy crusade!

As a side note, solo uberness to soloers would be a top priority, but getting Vanguard to accept this is something I dont even dream off, not even when I am drunk!  Peoples want to ACHIEVE and EARN their stuff...and the MAJORITY, the community, what is good for the many, is what is good for solo as well, if the simple little soloer cant be happy, then the majority cant be happy.

If peoples care more for the Baseball winners, then the peoples in the streets, the kids and everyone will focus around Baseball, even if it is the lamest sport ever.  If you give Baseball players Hockey uberness, then what would be the point to even play Hockey?  Because you like it?  But it need it self reward to be healty!  Baseball is the lamest sport I ever see, and I dont care if other peoples like it or not, as long as you dont remove the Stanley cup and leave it to hockey!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren