Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm apprehensive...so far unimpressed.

SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

As many people have expressed disappointment with the graphic style, I can say that I agree.  I didn't think EQ1 EQ2 were cartoony so not sure why they went this route. I think it is off putting to all the old vets.

As for combat...I haven't seen any videos but from descriptions it sounds like action combat a la GW2.  Moving and positioning, weapon/class skills, questionable trinity tactics...

I was hoping for slower combat, less cartoony...all in all...I am not hyped about this game anymore.  I'm not saying it doesn't have potential...we will have to wait and see....but so far......just...meh.

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Oh whats that SOE, you're characters have the exact number of abilities as the number of buttons on the standard Sony playstation 4 controller?  Oh, and there will never be more than 8 abilities you can use at one time?

Surely its just a coincidence.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

I hear both of you and I think the thing that explains this is...

The entire genre and the people playing MMO's are stuck in a massive, 10 year rut where people are constantly moaning, complaining, dissatisfied, angry, frustrated, mean, aggressive, argumentative, rude...the list goes on. And all the while you hear the chorus "we Need change but we want it to be exactly the same as the games we love".

You are all Addicts. Self harming, unable to see the truth, unwilling to realise just how bad things are, refusing to see what has to be done.

You either need to change yourself by accepting this change or you will die because of not embracing the change.

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359
    Whoosh!
  • PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by Dullahan

Oh whats that SOE, you're characters have the exact number of abilities as the number of buttons on the standard Sony playstation 4 controller?  Oh, and there will never be more than 8 abilities you can use at one time?

Indeed!

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852
    Originally posted by Markusrind

The entire genre and the people playing MMO's are stuck in a massive, 10 year rut where people are constantly moaning, complaining, dissatisfied, angry, frustrated, mean, aggressive, argumentative, rude...the list goes on. And all the while you hear the chorus "we Need change but we want it to be exactly the same as the games we love".

You are all Addicts. Self harming, unable to see the truth, unwilling to realise just how bad things are, refusing to see what has to be done.

You either need to change yourself by accepting this change or you will die because of not embracing the change.

All I am waiting for is more information about EQN gameplay possibilities. My choice for a next MMO stand now betweeen ArchAge and EQN. I have bo issues with the graophic style.

All I want is a Sandbox game where players can establish their own Destinies in the Virtual World in relatve Freedom without the constraints of a Themepark. Where players can make their own in game, small or big, communities have a corner of the world to themselves to call home, develop it, protect it and interact with other such communities and players in that virtual world.

I am tired to run from game to game, funding an industry that is unwilling or incapable of offering what many seek. And if the answer to our wants has to come across the ocean, then so be it.

I ant a game that I can play for years and not get bored of the AI routine gameplay in 1-3 months and hope to the next big Hype...

All I hope is that SOE release more on their intended Goals and Gameplay fro EQN so it can help make a Decision.

The announced systems sound cool and nifty, but they do express a PVE centric Game nevertheless thus far.

And a PVE game with Battlegrounds on the side for PvP or whatever PvP lands in some separate instance for Points badges and Gear is not what I seek to play ... again...

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    one day a game will come along.  one game to rule them all...one game to pulverize the 800lbs gorilla.  one game to set new standards...one game to bring back the magic...it has to. it's just a matter of time....but how many years/decades will we have to wait?
  • noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Markusrind

LOL. You seem to be describing yourself

We're asking: 'Give us a game that retains the good things about MMORPGs and changes the bad things'.

You're saying: 'I am happy with whatever the multi-million dollar companies wants me to buy, even if it is progressively worse after each generation because all change is good even if it is for the worst'.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I see where all of you are coming from but to me in order to change some features they might of seen to change the core fo the game and try something new because even if they did as you all say when the game launched in a year or less most player would be back on this site saying they could of done it much better if they did X or Y change and it happens with every release in the last 10 years or more. Even games like LOTRO, TSW,  AoC, hell any game they promised us change and what we got was the same game we had already been playing before which was ethier EQ, AC, DaOC, EQ2, WoW, or UO thats it from the so called golden age beside some like Myridian 59 and The Realm Online if I missed some sorry. So we ethier go play what made the genre or we move forward with the times. I say move forward not stand still and this is my feeling on everything not just gaming.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• wizardanimwizardanim Member Posts: 278

Darn. They missed the opportunity to bring EQ1 to Playstation ... that had 8 spells too.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    The upshot to showing off concepts and ideas is they're just that. The game isn't so far along that it would force a major redesign to smooth things over.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by wizardanim

Darn. They missed the opportunity to bring EQ1 to Playstation ... that had 8 spells too.

I may be wrong but wasn't EQOA on the PS2 basically EQ for the console.