Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beginner tips for playing LoL

1. This is not World of Warcraft.

If you try to play this game like you play pvp in most other mmo games, aka World of Warcraft, you'll never get anywhere and will probably end up on the business end of a banhammer. Doing "your thing" and ignoring your team gets you nowhere. If there are already 2 people on top or bottom, don't follow them, go be useful elsewhere. afking and/or Ragequitting  will also lead you to a grim fate.

The thing i LOVE about this game is troublemakers are not rewarded, they are dealt with.

2. Minions are your friends.

Minions take turret hits so you don't have to. They also fight others minions so you can kill them without taking damage. Try to stay with some minions as much as you can.

3. suicide rushing is a bad idea / don't be afraid to run

Remember what I said about not playing like you're playing World of Warcraft? rushing into a pile of enemy champions by yourself trying to score that 1 kill before you die only sets you back and makes your enemies stronger. you get a nice little gold boost by killing minions, turrets, and champions. So do they. every time you let the enemy kill you, THEY get stronger. Also, as your level rises the respawn timer gets longer and longer, so don't die if you can avoid it.

4. Learn your role

Each champ plays in its own way. learn how to operate your champ and learn what items that champ needs. Piling ability power on a champion that doesn't use it is pointless. Support characters are just that, support. some combinations of a specific support and specific other champ can be outright insane.

5. shut your mouth

If you got nothing positive to say, keep your piehole closed. no one wants to hear how you're "so awesome and everyone else sucks" That'll actually get you reported and eventually you'll be kissing the banhammer. Although if you have a plan, don't be afraid to share it. I've won a couple of game by proposing a plan and got others on board. It involved one person defending our base while the others assaulted the enemy.

6. don't be afraid to try new champions.

When I first started playing, i got annoyed and quit. when I decided to try again, I tried a different champion, got annoyed, and quit. Then I came back, did it again and quit. came back the 4th time, found a champion that i LOVE to play and now I'm doing much better. it's a matter of finding the champion(s) for you.

7. bring a friend (or 4)

organizing with other people and everyone following a plan will beat out 5 pugs a about 7 times out of 10.

8. Study

there are guides everywhere for this game, just google the character you want to play and you can find a guide on it.

9. It's just a game.

seriously.