Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of Eve-Online is before our eyes

DirossDiross Member Posts: 179

Well, I went back to Eve-Online for a month and just found out that it's turned into a total gankfest. The PvP is now gangs of ppl against a solo player. There is not any one person against another person, it's now all gang related. New players are being killed in Empire space with the highest police security by players who do suicide hits on them. Mining corporations who have no police forces and stay in secure space are being attacked by mercenary and pirate corporations just for the fun of it and they always say that they've had a contract for the war. The game developers, CCP, has endorsed border-line game exploits and player harassment have turned their backs to in-game petitions from new players wanting to enjoy the game in high security space. Just read the Eve-Online forums and you will see that the PvP crowd is being catered to and the craftiing community (miners) are being killed off and forced into non-consentual PvP and economic starvation. The game is now centered around who can destroy the most ships and kill people since the new site called http://www.Eve-kills.com came out.

I seriously believe that we are seeing  the final hours for Eve-Online if CCP does not do something to make the game entertainment and enjoyable to new players who want to craft. The playerbase has been decreasing since the Exodus expansion. CCP has failed in their efforts to help boost their playerbase so now they only cater to the PvP crowd.

Eve-Online, EQ2, DnL, SWG (Dead), Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, EQ, DAoC, Planet Side, WoW, LOTR, Tabula Rasa.

Comments

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 855

Then don't be so stupid to go into -0.4 or below :S There you will be killed :P

The game was made to allow you to do what you want!

Corp theft, scamming people, being a pirate and killing anyone in low space or to be good if you want to be and stop those people :)

The game isn't a gankfest :S It's just how the game was made! If you die it's your own fault :P You shouldn't be in low sec space if your not ready for it

PVP has always been part of the game! It's a heavy party of the game infact :P TBH i think the game is the best it's ever been and it's not losing players :S 12k people on at one time was more than it had b4

• RadmuzRadmuz Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Veiled_light

Then don't be so stupid to go into -0.4 or below :S There you will be killed :P
    The game was made to allow you to do what you want!

Corp theft, scamming people, being a pirate and killing anyone in low space or to be good if you want to be and stop those people :)
    The game isn't a gankfest :S It's just how the game was made! If you die it's your own fault :P You shouldn't be in low sec space if your not ready for it

PVP has always been part of the game! It's a heavy party of the game infact :P TBH i think the game is the best it's ever been and it's not losing players :S 12k people on at one time was more than it had b4

The specifics of what took place were that in high security space >0.5 groups of players have been attacking and killing newbie miners. Sure Concord finally comes out and kills them. But the newbies are dead just the same.

Get the facts straight please before flaming someone.

lol noone would bother attacking sumone in 0.5 or higher unless they don't give a damn! They're probally noobs anyways :

The good thing about eve is it allows you to do what you want :S Why ruin it?

Plus only main corps attack people they are at war with : if people want to go round risking their ship to blow upa  noob then what does that say about them :S

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Actually, Eve is getting more and more players. They're routinely pushing 13k online everyday and its only a matter of time until they break that barrier. You'd be surprised how many people are sick of carebears. I for one love the fact that nowhere in the eve universe are you totally safe. If you die because you think you're safe well that should end your delusion. Just because you think you should be pvp free in 1.0 space doesnt make it a fact. Fact is in 1.0 if someone attacks you they die. Nowhere does it say you wont die too.

On another note i'm a player who chooses to wear a white hat and fight the bad guys aka pirates/mercs at every turn. It seems today the trend is to go merc because for some reason people think mercs are better than pirates lol. Well let me say that to me they're both the same - future dead pods.

How do you know you've won a war? When the alliance you're fighting loses 1000+ members and can only fight through hired guns LOL .. BLOW ME FOE!

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

::::01::

Alright, January 31, 2005 I started a new character and abandoned my old one. I trained up learning skills, corp management skills and trading skills. To this day I am a cruddy frigate pilot and a even worse destroyer pilot. I started, yesterday, training the skills I need to get into a cruiser. I am not a PvP player that is catered to. I run an RP corp.

Now, all that being said. Since day 1 I have worked for a DuVolle agent in the Heydieles solar system. 0.4 secruity level. Most of the systems in that constellation are 0.2 to 0.5. I have been in 6 PvP fights. I lost 4 frigates and 1 destroyer and took down one frigate (I think the person had less flying skills than me). I had fun every time and none of it was expected. It added a sense of danger and depth.

So, where are all these new people that are getting ganked? I sometimes think that someone gets in the game, goes through part of the tutorial, makes some ISK and gets their "Uber" frigate, loads a couple decent guns and goes to shoot some NPC rats. "Wow, that was easy!" Then they start the smack talk and even try to engage someone. They get their butts blown away in a few seconds and WHAM!, they cry "I was ganked." or.....someone new accidently locks a cruiser their first few days in, BAM! they die because the other person took it as an aggresive action. Whatever.

The above is totally misleading and I have never seen it in EVE and I am over 18 months into this game, so take it for what it is worth and add a grain of salt.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

My corporation has done some suicide ganks in 0.6+ security systems. We generally don't touch newbies unless they tick us off in open space and furthermore, taking the security hit you get from killing in empire isn't worth the while most of the time. However, some of these "newbs" who get ganked are just plane stupid. We once spotted and scanned a hauler stopped in our system with a cargo FULL of high-end minerals. It wasen't really a hard choice to make. We suicide about 3-4 ships, maybe lose 10M at tops and some security rating and in return, we ended up snatching like 250,000,000 in minerals out of his cargo. So, in those very rare cases, I'm sorry, its the persons own fault.

Even at that, we NEVER pod anyone unless we are at war with them. If someone podded you when you are a newbie or a friend, you REALLY had to tick them off because you take such a big security rating hit that it could take you months of rat hunting simply to get back into high-security systems without being shot.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

[quote]Originally posted by Diross
    [b]Well, I went back to Eve-Online for a month and just found out that it's turned into a total gankfest. The PvP is now gangs of ppl against a solo player. There is not any one person against another person, it's now all gang related. New players are being killed in Empire space with the highest police security by players who do suicide hits on them. Mining corporations who have no police forces and stay in secure space are being attacked by mercenary and pirate corporations just for the fun of it and they always say that they've had a contract for the war. The game developers, CCP, has endorsed border-line game exploits and player harassment have turned their backs to in-game petitions from new players wanting to enjoy the game in high security space. Just read the Eve-Online forums and you will see that the PvP crowd is being catered to and the craftiing community (miners) are being killed off and forced into non-consentual PvP and economic starvation. The game is now centered around who can destroy the most ships and kill people since the new site called [url=http://www.Eve-kills.com]http://www.Eve-kills.com[/url] came out.
    I seriously believe that we are seeing the final hours for Eve-Online if CCP does not do something to make the game entertainment and enjoyable to new players who want to craft. The playerbase has been decreasing since the Exodus expansion. CCP has failed in their efforts to help boost their playerbase so now they only cater to the PvP crowd.
    [/b][/quote]

No it isn't, no they are not and the playerbase is increasing so again no its not.

And erm.. yeah whatever *yawns* as there is not one bit of truth in anything you posted, move along nothing to see here....

*edit - almost forgot to point out the bloody obvious

*bloody link work dammit

Meh if you can't handle lower sec space then don't go there!

Stop complaining and go to wow where you can just camp the same corpse and get xp off it

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Meh if you can't handle lower sec space then don't go there!
    Stop complaining and go to wow where you can just camp the same corpse and get xp off it

Nice that you didnt bother reading any posts before posting. The issue is getting mining bargers/ newbie minners getting blown up in SAFE SPACE by trial accounts made by "veterans". Hint: low skill ship with several missile mounts is used.

Was a issue 5 months ago when I left, apparently still a issue. There is pvp in the game yes, but crafting is there also.

Originally posted by JelloB2000
    Nice that you didnt bother reading any posts before posting. The issue is getting mining bargers/ newbie minners getting blown up in SAFE SPACE by trial accounts made by "veterans". Hint: low skill ship with several missile mounts is used.Was a issue 5 months ago when I left, apparently still a issue. There is pvp in the game yes, but crafting is there also.

Nice that you are throwing this out without reading all the replies.

Now it's the people who have been playing for a long time taking an alt and doing this? And your proof of this generalized statement is? Oh wait, you quit five months ago to get pointy ears and whack things with swords....sooooooo sorry, you MUST know about the "veterans" using alts to gank newbs, or was that what you were doing?

Of course they do this because they definately want to keep players from enjoying this game to make it a barren waste land and have nothing for their main characters to do! No! Wait! I'm sorry...It HAS to be because they are making SOOOOOoooo much money at doing this! It can't be because they are bored, obviously bored people just go to the forums of games they know little or nothing about and throw out generalized crud statements putting down the game so they feel better about the game they are playing! ::::02::

Don't bother trying to defend yourself in this sillyness, you've made it clear where you stand, now go back to the dwarves and orcs and what not. Oh, wait, was that a new account you made up to start this sillyness of generalized bashing? Mad cause everyone didn't agree with you? Ummm...well I have as much proof of this statement as you have of yours so get over it!

Buh bye....

To the rest of you, sorry for this rant, we finally get a good bunch of people here who have intelligent converstations and are helpful then these fools come around and try to trash the game because they can't handle playing it or that it does so well without their precious +7 SwordofStaff of UberGankKillUPwnzedSuxxorPhearMe.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

WolfDude, I hear ya ... it seems that as soon as people get an opinion formed in their minds, they stick by it and tend not to listen to logic or counter-arguments, furthermore, most don't even show arguments for their opinions in the first place.

I used to mine plenty when I started playing EVE to upgrade to the next ship class and so on and I never got ganked by anyone. Not only that but, I used to do the major trade highways in Amarr space and never even heard of anyone getting ganked. I know it happens, but it is usualy justified (see previous post).

IMO, the people who keep posting "I got ganked in empire" are probably people who got taken out my CONCORD themselves. Believe me, I've been in alot more incidences with the in-game police then I would of wanted to and I know as a fact that taking out people in protected space isn't as simple as turning on the missile launchers. As soon as you open-fire (missile didn't even hit the target yet) CONCORD warps in immediatly and jams/scrambles you (depending on security level). In the case of a mining barge, it requires multiple volleys to do, which is impossible for a single person to accomplish. I firmly believe that in order to get such treatment from a group of people you must of done something to really tick them off. Which leads me to my next point.

Problem with alot of people who play EVE is that they are not used to the concept of an MMORPG, these games aren't like a round of CS, it's a continously evolving world. The consequences of your actions are not solely based on what monsters you choose to kill or faction you have selected. You have real people playing with you and if you tick them off, certain individuals like to get you back where as others make it their mission to make your life a living hell. Everything you do in the game can possibly have consequences and often, these are out of your control. And just because someone else decided that you pushed the barrier too far and that you needed a wake-up call dosen't make it a pvp heaven. So please stop saying that the game is a gankfest when there is great roleplaying and politics at hand.

My main character is Amarrian and I once got attacked by a group of minmatar who believed it was in their best interest to have me killed (if this dosen't make sense to you, you REALLY need to read the lore behind EVE). I mean, where else can you get quality roleplaying/entertainment like that ?

Not only that but you have entire alliances in the game that make it their mission to bring peace and never engage in wars or biased behavior towards anyone. Of course, these alliances usualy don't work too well in 0.0 where things are entirely controlled through player intervention but it is nice to see different faces evolving around the game. There is no "best" profession, there is no "best" ship to fly nor "best" equipment to use (ok, you can have factional stuff that is

• TrentVentureTrentVenture Member Posts: 9

"The game developers, CCP, has endorsed border-line game exploits and player harassment have turned their backs to in-game petitions from new players wanting to enjoy the game in high security space. "

Yes thats right it's them,not a FEW new whining players.If your a nube and u stay in 0.5

space you won't TOTAL'Y safe.There is no such thing.But the odds are stacked against any

one stupid enough to attack you.The chances of anyone trying is VERY low.

THEY will die ,and if you keep your head u'll live if you have some sheilds or just run!

But still thats not enough.........THEY WANT IT ALL..THE WANT IT INSTANT.

imageTHEY WANT IT NOW!..NOW! NOW!..."WHHHHhhhhIIIINNEEE!"image

Can I have everything on a plate.image

Can I not be killed or attacked and have all the skillz.

Can I have no risk and a buton for EASY mode.image

Can  I put it down every time I go to 0.5- Space and die to cheats/expolites some other shit I made up,and not to me being reckless.image

CAN I HAVE A GOD mode..CAN I CAN I !!image

Well you can blow up anyone in safe space anymore :S Not with crappy ships! I doubt a crusier cud blow up a frigate intime :P

If people are stupid enough to risk a BS then whocares its their loss

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

I was forced to quit the game because my corp joined an alliance that was at war with 6 other corps. I kept getting ganked at highway systems and sometimes even systems that were out of the way. The last straw was when they station camped my home system and wouldn't let me leave, and this is like 2 BS'es camping a guy who flies only frigates. In all this time I never entered a system below 0.6 sec status.

Shudd left the corp then ;)
  • RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Shudd left the corp then ;)

Beat me to it! After reading a few threads, I am seriously contemplating coming back to EVE Online (after stupidly quitting in Oct 2003). A couple of non-game reservations:

1. Need to upgrade Pc. It ran EVE Online in Oct 2003 but that was 1 and a half years ago.
    2. Cost of 1. when I will be starting CIMA [Chartered Institude of Management Accounting] soon

Decisions, decisions.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

Lmao, what has you getting camped by two ENNEMY bs's have to do with newbies getting ganked ? All that is to me is proof that your corp really dosen't give a damn about you and that you are gullible enough to just keep flying out to where their bs's can rip you to shreds. You would think after getting blown up once, you would just stay docked and ask your corp for help ...

And Riotgirl, the last major EVE patch really helped alot of lag issues (specialy ones involved with station conquering/destruction and large fleet ops in general). It is now possible to turn off all effects and turret effects in the game which removes pretty much all lag from fleet ops except for stuff blowing up and missiles/torpedos. So, if your system could run the game back a year or so, I think it should still be able to now.

Originally posted by Ranma13
    I was forced to quit the game because my corp joined an alliance that was at war with 6 other corps. I kept getting ganked at highway systems and sometimes even systems that were out of the way. The last straw was when they station camped my home system and wouldn't let me leave, and this is like 2 BS'es camping a guy who flies only frigates. In all this time I never entered a system below 0.6 sec status.

Alright, I have to ask. Why didn't you just freaking quit the corp that was part of the alliance that was the reason you were "forced" to quit?
    ::::05::

I don't get the part where you thought you were safe either. I mean the word war might be an indication that something bad could happen. Everyone want to be in their uber corporation and every uber corporation wants to be in the uber alliance. There are benefits, but when push comes to shove you cry foul. I bet you didn't whine when the alliance you joined let you mine some kick butt ores in 0.0 space relatively safely, now did you.

I'm sorry, your post also does not stand up to common sense and is therefore rated as not worth considering. Please return when you play EVE and have common sense.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by NFWolfDude
    Nice that you didnt bother reading any posts before posting. The issue is getting mining bargers/ newbie minners getting blown up in SAFE SPACE by trial accounts made by "veterans". Hint: low skill ship with several missile mounts is used.Was a issue 5 months ago when I left, apparently still a issue. There is pvp in the game yes, but crafting is there also.

Nice that you are throwing this out without reading all the replies.

Now it's the people who have been playing for a long time taking an alt and doing this? And your proof of this generalized statement is? Oh wait, you quit five months ago to get pointy ears and whack things with swords....sooooooo sorry, you MUST know about the "veterans" using alts to gank newbs, or was that what you were doing?

Of course they do this because they definately want to keep players from enjoying this game to make it a barren waste land and have nothing for their main characters to do! No! Wait! I'm sorry...It HAS to be because they are making SOOOOOoooo much money at doing this! It can't be because they are bored, obviously bored people just go to the forums of games they know little or nothing about and throw out generalized crud statements putting down the game so they feel better about the game they are playing! ::::02::

Don't bother trying to defend yourself in this sillyness, you've made it clear where you stand, now go back to the dwarves and orcs and what not. Oh, wait, was that a new account you made up to start this sillyness of generalized bashing? Mad cause everyone didn't agree with you? Ummm...well I have as much proof of this statement as you have of yours so get over it!

Buh bye....(...)

Odd not even I knew I played fantasy-mmorpgs, guess you also think im a "carebear". I am not playing, I do however have friends that do. "Pirate corps" say to pay a toll or get blown up. Later because you didnt pay toll your barge gets blown up in safe space (by trial accounts). Its all a coincedence, right?

• zamoth_bgzamoth_bg Member Posts: 62
    Pirates kill do not talk. What ever shows up they kill it. No idea where you heard of tolls and stuff. When I see a pirate it either runs (beacuse we are bit too many) or I die for 5-10 secs max ganked by him/them. THis toll thing is stupid. And still pirates gank in 0.4. If you dont want to be ganked stay out! Pirates are netural part of the game.

---------------------------------------------
    Beta Tested: Lineage2,WoW,
    Trailed: Acherons Call 2, EVE online
    Subscribed/Active:
    EVE online > Prakhgoth
    Guild Wars > Prakhgoth Nosferatu
    Anticipate: SEED,AutoAssualt

Odd not even I knew I played fantasy-mmorpgs, guess you also think im a "carebear". I am not playing, I do however have friends that do. "Pirate corps" say to pay a toll or get blown up. Later because you didnt pay toll your barge gets blown up in safe space (by trial accounts). Its all a coincedence, right?

Don't care if you are a carebear or whatever. The fact is you don't even play this game and obviously know very little about it but feel the need to spread these bogus misconceptions. ::::28::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

Eve one going to start falling after Pirate of the Burning Sea comes out? I herd that alot of eve-players are switching to that game because its very much related to eve. I personal dont like a historical game.. there are less things you can do because its based in the past time.

• MrPopovMrPopov Member Posts: 217

why play with wooden ships and small pistols, when you can fly megathrons and shoot Mega Nuetron Blasters? ::::17::

• pristontalepristontale Member Posts: 59

Well to me this game seems like freelancer you start out with a crappy ship get some guns do some stuff BUT! you cant leave your ship its like EVE i mean sure i like shootin people with giant laser guns but i mean wouldn't you guys like to see a game where in the air one person who was fighting ship goes down then the person that attacked them  lands on the crashlanded planet and the battle continues on foot with any number of weapons from laser swords to sniper rifles i mean seeing a game like EVE where you could walk around as well as fly in space would make me and a lot of gamers the happiest people in the world!!!!!!!!

• Sparky2004Sparky2004 Member Posts: 75

Stay in your Osprey until you can afford a BS or mine where it's quiet and watch local. Newbs have it easier than ever before (with the possible exception of the first couple of weeks when a bug meant there were no rats in 0.0) so if they quit over this tiny and completely avoidable issue then they wouldn't have lasted long anyway.