Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Landmark, what would you build?

irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

As the title asks, assuming Landmark gives really robust tools to replicate pretty much any style of structure what would you try to create? Share a reference picture, oh an please don't get too silly, offensive, or trollish with it.

I am a Warhammer fan and would love to make something similar to this chaos tower.

Comments

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466
    not what I'd build,but I expect to see thousands of different variations around the "floating penis islands" concept
  • irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

Yeah I can only imagine all the phallus shaped structures, its inevitable lol...thankfully they will all be peer reviewed with final selections made by the developers lol.

It is probably the only way you can have a solid balance of player creation without ending up with things that completely dont fit in with the world design and immersion.

• AvengorikAvengorik Member Posts: 15

Perfect  idea.

Originally posted by Avengorik

Perfect  idea.

I c wut u did thar...not gonna lie that would be pretty awesome in game.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Britannia. All of it! Well, I guessI  won't have so much space, eh?

Maybe the town of Britain from Ultima VII?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I was thinking something like this.. The fortress of the Leach King and his minions.. LOL

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

There's very much lore around the Everquest franchise, and they will never allow stone castles in Faydark, or Wooden tree houses in Freeport. If you want your work to transpose into the game, you need to stay true with the environment, the lore, and it has to somehow fit into some storylines SOE must have in mind and they want to tell us in EQN. I haven't heard anything about players interweaving their own stories around their creations, and SOE accepting not only artwork, but also player-made lore, quests and whatnot.

I'm looking forward though on what this tool can do, a lot of good things can come out of player-made content, and a lot of bad things as well.

Originally posted by Mightyking

There's very much lore around the Everquest franchise, and they will never allow stone castles in Faydark, or Wooden tree houses in Freeport. If you want your work to transpose into the game, you need to stay true with the environment, the lore, and it has to somehow fit into some storylines SOE must have in mind and they want to tell us in EQN. I haven't heard anything about players interweaving their own stories around their creations, and SOE accepting not only artwork, but also player-made lore, quests and whatnot.

I'm looking forward though on what this tool can do, a lot of good things can come out of player-made content, and a lot of bad things as well.

Hmm, good tip! It didnt really cross my mind yet that the best chance for successfully moving player designs from landmark to game is by incorporating the existing lore/designs if it gets to the developer approval stage. 

Sure will be interesting to see some of the lore to back the structures.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

You've got some pretty good insider information about what "They" will allow. Since this is set in an alternate version of the EQ world, what exactly is the lore?  I mean, since you've got all the knowledge and whatnot.

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

You've got some pretty good insider information about what "They" will allow. Since this is set in an alternate version of the EQ world, what exactly is the lore?  I mean, since you've got all the knowledge and whatnot.

Sigh, no I don't have insider information. But let's get real, they will be shooting themselves if they allow everything without regard to stories that have been made already.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Can anyone tell me what Landmark really is?

You can buy or sell things...

But what should you use these things for?