Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chaos!

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I just logged in today, and there are tons of people outside of starports outraged by the Combat Upgrade.

Everybody is spamming the chat protesting against the upgrade, and threatening to cancel their accounts.

Looks like SOE will most likely change it back, because everyone is furious.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

Unsure if they will change it back anytime soon, as I think the CU had to be implemented to tie in with their expansion coming out next month "Rage of the Wookies".   I just cancelled my accounts after the CU went live on my server but I am only 3 accounts which isn't even a ripple in their budget. 

Unfortunately I had just recently re-activated my accounts from a long hiatus and was really starting to enjoy the game again, the old PA was still there and all was okay in my book.  I guess I am one of the apparent few who don't like change especially one as radical as this one. 

• mercurionmercurion Member Posts: 3

I'm in the same boat as you majoch.

My wife and I played when the game first came out for 1.5 years.  We LOVED it.  Then we quit due to added work schedules and whatnot.  Then we came back about 2 months ago.  Fell in love all over again and had our characters on the right path to what we wanted to see of them.  Now the CU comes out and I feel raped.  Truly raped.  Now...I have to cancel ALL of my accounts.  Neither my wife, nor I wish to play anymore.  I don't mind change.  BUT they changed the whole friggin' game.  It's just wrong completely. 

And as for them rolling back the Combat Upgrade.  LOL..don't make me laugh...they don't care.  Just like most players who adopted the wait-and-see attitude about the CU.  I'm sure they've subscribed to the same one, only they are waiting to see how many new players the movie and ROTW drag in.  If it's enough to cover the players quitting...then they don't care. 

They harber NO alliances to the veteran players who have played for so long and helped to pay SOE's bills.  All they care about is now and what they can get now.  We gamers forget one thing.  We enjoy the game soooo much and pour so much of ourselves into it that we forget that to them..it's just business.  They don't give a damn as long as their "in the black".

I'll miss everyone on AHAZI!

Bye All!

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

i cancelled 3 accounts... and 86% of my guild has cancelled as well [we have 400 members or had].. we are moving to wow and are all ready set up there.

screw soe and their rape job on a beautiful game... ::::25::::::27::

• freethinkerfreethinker Member UncommonPosts: 775

Originally posted by rathma
    I just logged in today, and there are tons of people outside of starports outraged by the Combat Upgrade. Everybody is spamming the chat protesting against the upgrade, and threatening to cancel their accounts. Looks like SOE will most likely change it back, because everyone is furious.

Nah...I mean, there are some people whining about the changes...but most people are out learning how to play the new game. Once you learn it it's a lot of fun..I did DWB last night with my guild and had a blast. Personally, I'm glad they made the changes. It was real boring going to Dantooin hunting savage quenkers all the time. ::::28::

==========================

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    Well Mercurion, that is about the same time scale we had when we started, stopped, then re-subbed again.  I'm sure a lot of folks will adapt and overcome but it is no longer what I enjoy playing as I liked the old SWG and is what I payed for monthly. 
  • fawdfawd Member Posts: 367
    go get em'  Freethinker image
  • LiL-BABYLiL-BABY Member Posts: 7

Nah...I mean, there are some people whining about the changes...but most people are out learning how to play the new game. Once you learn it it's a lot of fun..I did DWB last night with my guild and had a blast. Personally, I'm glad they made the changes. It was real boring going to Dantooin hunting savage quenkers all the time. ::::28::

SOME people?  75% of the games population is some in your eyes?  My entire guild of around 30 members have quit along with my 2 accounts.  I logged on yeserday for the last time to say goodbye to all my friends and nobody there.  Coronet was like a ghost town.

Check the SOE forums and then tell me if you still think only some of the players have a problem.

• SonOfAGhostSonOfAGhost Member Posts: 383

Others have posted much of what is wrong with the new version, there's lots more wrong with it but I'm not going to beat a dead horse. To be fair there were some improvements, just not nearly as many or as significant as what got broken. What got broken was the entire game. Some though may still like the sound of the new system and consider buying it/returning. They shouldn't. Star Wars Galaxies is no longer an MMORPG, now it's just an ORPG. Numbers were already down significantly because it's been out a few years and people move on to other games over time. Now they're on they're way towards 10% of peak subscribership with no sign that the death spiral of this once great game will slow down. It's no longer multiplayer as everyone is leaving turning player cities into ghost towns and the only thing massive is Sony's disgrace for destroying a once great game.

• cmcmahacmcmaha Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Sorta sad that reality hasn't met up with expectations . . . nor has SOE been forthcoming with dialogue on why people are so upset. As one of you said earlier, its in the natural progression of games to have some of its players move on to other things but jeeze my server is almost dead tonight - where there used to be 100's in the Coronet Starport at any time, there are maybe 2 dozen (and in Theed as well).  I think a lot of folks just expected to be treated a tad bit better by the "keepers" of Lucas' story.

The Force WAS with us, then came the CU!

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

Whats the new combat system like?

• LiL-BABYLiL-BABY Member Posts: 7

/ROFL

Awsome

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

I think they broke more than they fixed also. Melee professions have lost most of their animations and moves and seem bland now. Pistoleers can use rifles, Riflemen can use pistols. They gave the best looking weapons for pistoleers,riflemen,carabiner to other professions like commando,squad leader, Bounty Hunter and combat medic. Wouldnt you think as a master pistoleer you would have the best looking pistol in the game, Rifleman the best looking rifle, Carabineer best looking caribeen. Go to the weaponsmith forum and look how many weapons the commando gets, but then again they actually have a developer that comes to their forum and talks to them, blistex or something like that. You dont see that in other forums or I havent.

They said they was going to make combat fast paced, its slower than ever. They said being a master would mean something, it doesnt unless you have 2 combat masters. If you want to craft your screwed in combat. They released the game to live way to early with all the bugs, at combat lvl 80 I got killed by a lvl 16, I dont mind dieing but there are to many bugs for it to be on live.

Anyways I think they took the uniqness away from professions they way they are doing the weapon certs but I quess they had to do it that way to correct a problem they had by overlooking the fact that once you master one profession it would be to difficult to level up you second with the noobie weapons.

Anyways thats my take on the CU  :)