Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is HEAVILY based on GW2

2»

Comments

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I find it funny that people call the Combat mechanics of GW2 (and the proposed combat style of EQN) as 'Dumbed down'.

Tell me whats so smart about learning a rotation, and recycling it through out your characters every encounter? Where exactly is the Genius in that?

I would've thought thinking on your feet and adapting to the flow of the combat on the fly feels a lot smarter than pressing 20+ buttons in succession...

I also feel that the Parkour elements will make combat feel a lot more reactive and alive.

Less buttons doesnt mean its dumbed down, it just means your knowledge of your character and its capabilities are more crucial than ever, make the wrong choice and you'll meet with death, make the right choice and you could turn the tide of battle.

I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather play my character, not the UI.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by illorion
    Does anyone know if you are "locked in" to your original class and can just pick utility skills from other clasees?

The class you pick at the start is a freebie unlock. The developers do not want the players to begin by making a commitment set in stone before even playing the game.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Vaultar
    "

This game is HEAVILY based on GW2"

Which is only a good thing. It seems to be taking GW2 to the next level.

Oh great, I'll play it for three weeks before I get bored then.  It only took me 2 weeks for GW2.  By comparison, I played WoW, which I hate with a passion, for two months before I uninstalled it forever.

There are a few things I like so we shall see what changes come down the road before launch.

This discussion has been closed.